ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West – California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-13-2009, 09:34 PM   #256
Windrat
just a poser

Oddometer: 1,980
Quote:
Originally Posted by trailtrick
how abouth camp B
Where's camp B ? ca city? I'm up for this, Hope the weather gets better

Bob
Windrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 10:18 PM   #257
cribaby
Dirt/Street? No Wait Dirt

Oddometer: 568
Quote:
Originally Posted by Windrat
Where's camp B ? ca city? I'm up for this, Hope the weather gets better - I don't !!!

Bob
Cal City is east off the 14 a few miles north of the 58. Camp "B" is on the east side off 20 mule team rd about 2 miles from the 395. If you have the friends of Jawbone map it's due south of Red Mountain.

If you are coming from Ventura - 101 to 405/5 north to 14 east past the 58 to Califronia City Blvd east through town and then left at major intersection past golf course look for signs to Silver Saddle Resort you are on 20 mule team rd. go about 10 miles and there is a "B" painted in the middle of the road go left and up a little and start looking for my rig I will attach photo later.

Charlie

cribaby screwed with this post 02-13-2009 at 10:28 PM
cribaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 09:23 AM   #258
A.Vern
One Man Wolf Pack

Oddometer: 974
Quote:
Originally Posted by trailtrick
snow in the desert is not a problem ,snow in the mountains is it .
It was a pretty light dusting on the El Paso mountains. Half of it already melted since yesterday. It's a great day for riding up here, no wind, sunny, 45 degrees....

I'd be out riding but of coarse "I've got a big day planned....."

A.Vern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 09:51 AM   #259
notmybikemodelname OP
KOTW is a myth!

Oddometer: 7,272
meet points

If you guys plan on riding from Jawbone to Husky and then to Kramer, you'll end up backtracking from Kramer back towards Husky and Cuddeback.

You should just ride to Kramer first. But it's your call.
notmybikemodelname is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 12:03 PM   #260
cribaby

Quote:
Originally Posted by notmybikemodelname
If you guys plan on riding from Jawbone to Husky and then to Kramer, you'll end up backtracking from Kramer back towards Husky and Cuddeback.

You should just ride to Kramer first. But it's your call.
So your plan is meet at kramer J - husky - cuddleback - randsburg.

Windrat - Trailtrick
We should do camp "b"- b-24 crash site - boron fed prison on to kramer. I know a great technical rocky single track that is not to long and won't eat up to much time and some fast twisty two track or I know of this great wide straight dirt road that has lots of bailouts.
Old 02-14-2009, 12:18 PM   #261
trailtrick
goat trail rider

Oddometer: 3,306
Quote:
Originally Posted by cribaby
So your plan is meet at kramer J - husky - cuddleback - randsburg.

Windrat - Trailtrick
We should do camp "b"- b-24 crash site - boron fed prison on to kramer. I know a great technical rocky single track that is not to long and won't eat up to much time and some fast twisty two track or I know of this great wide straight dirt road that has lots of bailouts.
yes ,i no the area well also or we can go and ear breakfast @kramer jction and waith for theme ,the carnage and punishment start from there anyweiss

Kampale Moto Ranch
Bed and Breakfast
mototours/uruguay south america
trailtrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 01:44 PM   #262
NSFW
ktm's "the tourist"

Oddometer: 15,732
INtermediate riders!

there are 3 places we can meet....baldy mesa, adelanto and kramer...

i got an easy and nice dirt gpx route from rider914. if we stick to this route, we will be in randsburg long before the A riders get there. we will still have time to explore some interesting areas at a leisure pace.

NSFW screwed with this post 02-15-2009 at 01:53 PM
NSFW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 02:23 PM   #263
Ben99r1
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,964
Quote:
Originally Posted by h8chains
INtermediate riders!

there are 3 places we can meet....baldy mesa, adelanto and kramer...

i got an easy and nice dirt gpx route from rider914. if we stick to this route, we will be in randsburg long before the A riders get there. we will still have time to explore some interesting areas at a leisure pace.
I only know where Baldy mesa is located. So I voting for it. What time does the intermediate going to meet. Also can you post directiions to whatever spot is choosen. Ben
Ben99r1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 05:37 PM   #264
notmybikemodelname OP
KOTW is a myth!

Today I had to drive to Hesperia to pick up some MC parts. When I went over the Cajon pass it was snowing quite hard. When I came back, to my surprise the pass was closed. I did what any self respecting ADVrider would do if he was in his 2006 VW Touareg after cussing out the CHP for 10 minutes. I drove out the 395 to Phelan RD and then took Baldy Mesa RD over the top of the mountain in the snow and mud. It was great fun and amazingly , no one else was out there. I then drove all the way down to the 138 and crossed over and went right towards Mountain High instead of left towards the 15. In less than 15 minutes I found myself driving 5N24 over the pass at Sheep Canyon. I figured I might as well see what kind of crap we already have for Saturday. Slushy, muddy, rutty good times in store for Saturday. Was too busy driving to take too many pix, but here's a few coming over the pass on Sheep Canyon down into Lytle Creek.

Old 02-16-2009, 05:43 PM   #265
cribaby

Rob
What was there an inch of snow on the pass? I really need to see this route. Nice to the CHP and excellent scouting for this weekend, Are we leaving from Lytle Creek?

Charlie
Old 02-16-2009, 05:58 PM   #266
notmybikemodelname OP
KOTW is a myth!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cribaby
Rob
What was there an inch of snow on the pass? I really need to see this route. Nice to the CHP and excellent scouting for this weekend, Are we leaving from Lytle Creek?

Charlie
Charlie, there was about 6 inches higher up than these pix were taken. I didn't want to stop in that deep of snow because I was wearing sandals and shorts...you know, beach clothes . I've ridden this before and can tell you that if we don't get some warm weather in the next few days, it might be better passing this shit up. There is little to no sun in these areas during this time of year and that early in the morning, it will be frozen solid. We'll have to play it by ear. But for now, all that want to should plan on leaving Applewhite at 0700.
Old 02-16-2009, 06:25 PM   #267
cribaby

Quote:
Originally Posted by notmybikemodelname
Charlie, there was about 6 inches higher up than these pix were taken. I didn't want to stop in that deep of snow because I was wearing sandals and shorts...you know, beach clothes . I've ridden this before and can tell you that if we don't get some warm weather in the next few days, it might be better passing this shit up. There is little to no sun in these areas during this time of year and that early in the morning, it will be frozen solid. We'll have to play it by ear. But for now, all that want to should plan on leaving Applewhite at 0700.
Sounds like it is still the high desert for the weekend plan. I hope that you can hook a brother up with the lytle creek part later this spring or early summer.
Old 02-16-2009, 09:47 PM   #268
punkenduro
now in a cage...

Oddometer: 738
so where exactly is applewhite? i might have to pass if theres too much slab (i have to close that night too, so it makes a big dent into departure time).
punkenduro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 09:51 PM   #269
NSFW
ktm's "the tourist"

Oddometer: 15,732
i was advised to give up lytle creek. so no more lytle creek nor baldy mesa for this sat.

we are thinking of starting from adelanto. since we're coming from the valley, we plan to take the pearlblossom highway to the 395. any on the INtermediate riders and A riders can meet us in in Adelanto. the route we plan to take is easy to medium...mostly dirt roads where we won't see trailtrick's tire marks and no single tracks.

8)H
NSFW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 11:12 PM   #270
notmybikemodelname OP
KOTW is a myth!

I'm not giving up Lyltle Creek as a starting point just yet. Too early to make that decision. Gonna wait until Thursday to pull that trigger.

notmybikemodelname screwed with this post 02-17-2009 at 02:04 AM