ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West – California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-21-2009, 09:46 PM   #406
BootDragger
Rehibilitation Rebel

Oddometer: 544
Let's try that again.

"I like you. People say I’ve got no taste, but I like you!."
BootDragger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 09:56 PM   #407
BootDragger
Rehibilitation Rebel

Oddometer: 544
Hey guys, its about 9:45pm and I am just leaving Ransburg with the "dead KLX". Posting from the Blackberry. What a day. Lots of carnage for very few miles. Is this the Adventure part? Haha. I hope you guys heal up soon....much more to the story but I'm tired and have a long drive home tonight.

"I like you. People say I’ve got no taste, but I like you!."
BootDragger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 10:55 PM   #408
punkenduro
now in a cage...

Oddometer: 738
shit, cant sleep, ride was to much fun, now to take a moment and atleast start my ride report. sence i was up forever, ill start at the begining of the day. 12am, working. 3am, get word that my best friends (ya, their twins) mom died (cancer for about 2 years). 2:45am, get off race to my buddys house to make sure their alright. 4am, back home. 4:50, im gone. 6am, serria offramp arrival, picture explains its self.

6:40, they arrive.

6:50, beer.

7:15, depart after waiting for a no show, its all good though cus we got to the school by 7:40 anyways. fun ride to the rest of the group, you guys really miss out.

by 8:30, theres about 12 or so of us.

and dont think for a second that you where going to get away with this (so who was drinking strawberry margaritas again?)...

after that we started the ride, first some easy dirt roads, then we ended up in some sort of desert gp.

once we got out of bro-vill, and hit real trails, get got the first sign it was going to be a bad day. rob said he almost cryed when he saw the dead beers.

a few fun trails later, rob showed us this nice view.

herding cats looks like...

then god damn rob almost killed me and probally a few othere riders too. after following this guy for a good hour or so, i could totally tell this guy was a damn good rider, so im fallow him doing 70 down a power line road (this thing was going for miles along the 395 and we're making god time at this speed) and he starts to pull away so i fall his tracks. im so locked into his tracks i didnt see him fully switch sides on his bike (ill let him explain how it happened) but there was ONE road that they graded and left a good foot or so burm on the sides of the road. i only had time to roll the gas a bit more and about cleared the road, probally blew the berm on the other side of the road from bottoming the bike out so hard. after me and rob almost died it was about time for a stop.

the trail, and the solar farm.

after we all stop for a bit, it was off to kramer junction for gas. there we meet up with a few more riders, one bike i was drawn too was the klx300.

the most of the group.

down the 395 a bit the cut of into the dirt, these trails where great. the regrouping, word at this point is joel is out of gas.

after about 15 mins we ride over to see what out of gas is...

ends up being more than gas, eletrical problems would end joels day, probally for the better seeing what would later send people home before lunch. and joel, dont be for the hour or so burned, i got to drink my much need monstar and rest some finally. he would end up getting towed and tailered out. we continue on. sry dude, i dont remeber you name or handle, but you man handled this gs dude.

but you also learned you limits saddly, hope it heals fast. plan of attack out.

damage control

well it looks like the computers about to kick me off so it looks like this ones going to be a 2 parter. tomarrow after the race maybe, if it doesnt get rained out.
punkenduro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 11:19 PM   #409
NSFW
ktm's "the tourist"

Oddometer: 15,886
i surely keeping a copy of this picture in my black folder....

my ride report in the LA Weekend Ride
NSFW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 07:19 AM   #410
Yzlvr
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 843
Thanks Joel....
Yzlvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 07:33 AM   #411
Nowwhat
I'll Go Second...

Oddometer: 4,513
Dale and Ben....

when you get a chance gives us an update.....how are you boys feeeling....
Nowwhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 08:18 AM   #412
CCer
missing

Oddometer: 197
coolin' my heels here at home. thanks to cribaby (i think - i'm a little fuzzy on some parts of the day) for the drugs and sage advise and help on the trail, and to yzlvr and nowwhat for getting me home. i owe you guys big time.

got to the e.r. a little after 7 - the urgent care place was closed. only had to wait a few minutes to see the doc who gave me a wonderful shot of morphine. xrays show a nice clean break, the 2 ends somewhat offset. i'm to see an ortho doc soon.

johngil, you're right, the recliner is the place to be. and you're right about the 800 too, doesn't pay to push it too far. oh well, another lesson learned. funny thing is, i had low-sided a few minutes earlier and so had already dialed it back a couple of notches. i think my dial is busted.

ben, i think i got off easy. you're the one who took the heavy hit. hopefully we'll hear from you soon.

rob, thanks, really, for organizing the ride. it was my first stint thru the dez. a great ride while it lasted.

i'll post a few pics with joel's report. great photos joel!!
CCer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 08:25 AM   #413
spafxer
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,543
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nowwhat
Dale and Ben....

when you get a chance gives us an update.....how are you boys feeeling....

Yeah, sorry to hear about the injuries. Heal quickly, my friends.

What's the diagnosis on that Beemer. I didn't like the way they were looking at the steering head/fork area..

jim
spafxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 08:31 AM   #414
notmybikemodelname OP
KOTW is a myth!

Oddometer: 7,273
Hey Punk, Nice R&R. In a couple of years when Joel retires you can become the new official ride report guy . Until then, keep'em coming.

I'd also like to not that since I almost killed myself first on the crossing, that I was willing to sacrifice myself for the group .

I think what put the joo-joo on the day was the beers being wasted in the desert.

Let's hear from Dale and Ben. What's the prognosis?
notmybikemodelname is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 08:33 AM   #415
notmybikemodelname OP
KOTW is a myth!

Oddometer: 7,273
Quote:
Originally Posted by spafxer
Yeah, sorry to hear about the injuries. Heal quickly, my friends.

What's the diagnosis on that Beemer. I didn't like the way they were looking at the steering head/fork area..

jim
It wasn't the steering head/fork area. It was the smashed exhaust pipe, broken trun signal, and smashed engine guard, which definitely did it's job.
notmybikemodelname is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 09:12 AM   #416
fmfpunk
Hooligan in training

Oddometer: 1,170
Was it the sand that got Dale and Ben?

Take care guys. My collarbone has been "enhanced" too.

Marty
Old 02-22-2009, 09:35 AM   #417
punkenduro
now in a cage...

Oddometer: 738
dave, glad to hear you on a little better now you got something for the pain. definally see the ortho, i should have when i broke my finger in a mosh pit and now i can only use 70% of its full movement.

rob, ill keep them coming, but ill never be as loved as joel.

dirtyduane, sorry to hear about the klx, let me know what acctually happened in the motor when you find out.

now, part 2

we assesed dave, and he said he would ride out, guy is hardcore. we took a tube and made a figure 8 around his sholders and around back, then twisted it to keep the broke bone from moving farther while riding. the group while all this is going on.

we continue on, but not a whole lot father. i was riding behind ben (i knew a noob riding up front was asking for trouble, so i was riding behind ben), all of the sudden, his front end washes, he tumbles over the bars. at first it didnt look to bad, but when i shut the bike of i can her him in pain, not good. i ask him what herts, he says he thinks he broke his coller bone.

he jumps on the bike, and rides out only using hes right hand, lucky the dry lake was near by so it helped once we got out of the whoops. hope your ok dude.

here we discused the ride to a very late lunch.

dude your not out of the picture

the ride from here to lunch rocked. funs trails and even at one point a 2 foot or so drop off. to bad at this point, the whitehouse is closed. more parking lots need to look like this.

lucky the general store was open so grub was to be had there. milkshakes where bomb (ya, im not 21 yet). once we are readly to leave, its getting close to 6. we decide to slab it back so we dont ride in the dark. i also find my throttle cables have started sticking, cool.

we ride to kramer and get gas. while there 2 guys where almost fighting, but no one hit anyone, but lots of skiding was done by one guys dodge. rob lays out the plan of attack for everyone and we split our directions once at the 15. once i hit about rancho or ontario i was about to fall alseep at the bars so i get off the free way and make the first left i can go i park close to the freeway. the security guard was way cool about it too.

after doing about 100 laps walking around this artist version of earth on the phone, i take my remaining slab trip, singing the whole way to keep my self up. what a day, im just glad i survived.
punkenduro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 09:53 AM   #418
spafxer
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,543
P.E. You're hard core. Man, after a day like that you still rode it back to the barn...! .

Thanks for the report.. Now go get some sleeep.

jim
spafxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 10:22 AM   #419
NSFW
ktm's "the tourist"

Oddometer: 15,886
pat aka punkenduro....that was a very nice report and nice to see what happened after i got sent home....

keep the good job up, and the rubber side down...

Quote:
Originally Posted by spafxer
P.E. You're hard core. Man, after a day like that you still rode it back to the barn...! .

Thanks for the report.. Now go get some sleeep.

jim
hey jim...pe is not even half my age and he already put twice the miles i did in 1 year...the is the real deal....

NSFW screwed with this post 02-22-2009 at 10:29 AM
NSFW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 11:40 AM   #420
CCer
missing

Oddometer: 197
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkenduro
but you also learned you limits saddly, hope it heals fast. plan of attack out.
p.e. pat, great ride report. i especially like this pic. thanks for the memories
CCer is offline   Reply With Quote