Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-12-2009, 08:46 PM   #31
wrk2surf OP
on the gas or brakes

Oddometer: 6,281
Latitude 3731'46.42"N
Longitude 11944'26.81"W

The MIGHTY SIERRAS!!
the back side of half dome just behind my bike and wawona drainage to the right ... picture or any kind doesnt do this view justice

875 mi to 1015 mi I love my new motor ...it rips
Thanks for the 2015 support: BELL HELMETS, SCOTT USA, Kriega USA, SEATCONCEPTS.COM , Carbon-pro.com, GPR stabilzers, Sidi/Motonation, Masters paint and body, Magura , Motolab , Loctite and Dunlop tires .

wrk2surf screwed with this post 05-13-2009 at 09:49 PM
wrk2surf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 08:49 PM   #32
wrk2surf OP
on the gas or brakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olas Altas
Awesome!! Just missing an eye patch is all.
Its funny my son called it the black pearl .. maybe paint the fairing and tank black...

Havent gotten the Hella BI-Halogen Hi-Lo Euro (250.00) but your not the first to say that...
Thanks for the 2015 support: BELL HELMETS, SCOTT USA, Kriega USA, SEATCONCEPTS.COM , Carbon-pro.com, GPR stabilzers, Sidi/Motonation, Masters paint and body, Magura , Motolab , Loctite and Dunlop tires .
Old 05-13-2009, 07:30 AM   #33
Cummo
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 569
You did a great job, looks great.
Cummo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 03:46 PM   #34
warewolf
Tyre critic

Oddometer: 2,396
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrk2surf
The more I look at parts fiches I see the newer models have an extra oil line that goes from lower rear filter to the front of the case near or at the crankshaft locking nut in front and would love to do a mod like that but now I just need my bike back and will look into it once the bike is done and raceable.
btw here is a pic of the piston oil jets in my 2005 model. The external oil line branches from the cartridge filter to a banjo bolt for the first (RHS) jet, then around the front of the engine to the second jet (LHS).

The Stable
warewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 12:24 PM   #35
wrk2surf OP
on the gas or brakes

running strong.. 5000 mi in 10mo

relying on the 18ltr setup at the parker 250

http://www.race-dezert.com/forum/att...4&d=1263184093

dirt trackin off the tarmac in the first turn...

Thanks the n factory!!

The next race is Laughlin Hare Scrambles ... maybe back to the SXC?? (I really need a 300)...

after that.. a full prep update for the Silver State 300...

wrk2surf screwed with this post 04-04-2011 at 09:39 PM
Old 02-25-2010, 01:58 AM   #36
warewolf
Tyre critic

Oddometer: 2,396
Ya know, I kinda like that bash plate!

I'm going the other way; enduro-ising my Adventure:

LC4 Enduro 12L tank, shrouds and seat all simply bolt on. I left the fuel pump in place, as that was quicker than removing/plugging all the gaps. The shrouds needed only a HH Collar Screw to replace the existing radiator louvre lower mount. The headlight mask sits outboard of the shrouds by around 50mm, is held in place just by the screws either side of the headlight, and the 4 rubber connections to the dash panel.

The seat height is lower, and the narrowness at the knees is appreciated. It's very noticeable tipping the bike in to a turn - feels much more like a dirt bike than a behemoth, right up until the landing

(Will do a proper write-up later.)
The Stable
warewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 10:08 PM   #37
wrk2surf OP
on the gas or brakes

2 year checkup

I had a fuel fire riding in the desert near randsburg a month ago a heart racer but was able to pile dirt and camelback water to get it out.. (check your fuel lines!) SO, it is now time to once again fix her up a bit... no problems to note but some expected oil leaks.. and I do burn a little oil but have ridden it hard for the last two years including a few gnarly desert races.. so far I will be doing my follower bearings, weld the tab for a radiator mount , Paint the tank and faring, new wiring harness... maybe finally get a second headlight .. oh yea ...and do a new nav mount for lights and roadbook as I am racing the Australian Safari in September!!!... I am so stoked! So this will be interesting.. do I do some motor work too?? MAYBE but she will defintitly look different!

here we go again..

mostly smoke damage, a vent hose and some of the harness sheath started burning thru

faring ready for paint!

wrk2surf screwed with this post 02-13-2011 at 11:50 PM
Old 02-17-2011, 10:25 PM   #38
wrk2surf OP
on the gas or brakes

ASI Radiators and slicone hoses

Old 04-04-2011, 04:18 PM   #39
wrk2surf OP
on the gas or brakes

have a family autobody shop.. I prep sanded and they primed and painted few coats of single stage white... was going to go with the blingy sparkle like the late adventures only in white but I know it will be thrashed in a year or two like the silver did.. Have some carbon fiber guards coming .. now for a logo.. and to order some follower bearings, rings, harness and a rally cam.
Old 04-04-2011, 04:24 PM   #40
laramie LC4
crash test dummy!

Oddometer: 2,345
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrk2surf View Post
pretty! i saw those radiators and wondered what kind of quality they are. you gonna have to let us know.

laramie

'12 LC8 990R, '02 LC4 640, '05 WR 450f (part-out), '98 XR400R, '76 KE100, '05 525 (Step-Child)
laramie LC4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 09:26 PM   #41
wrk2surf OP
on the gas or brakes

Running em on my honda 450x now for a few races .. work great.. cant beat the price and if you bend a stocky it will cost 50-75 to fix and its still stock and weak.. they are thicker a little more volume and have a flat plate as opposed to the pressed thin guage siding making it hard to bend.. I am actually checking over the blueprints for the company to ensure they spot on.. one of mine actually were off a little bit possibly the fins were set in a little off or there was a slight twist from all the welding on these with all the mounts etc.. Still they come with a cap and ASI has a rep somewhere in Florida and also make car rad's and intercoolers. Their name is actually Auto sourcing international and sell in AU too. I would buy em even if they didnt support me.

Laramie I am going to need your jetting for fcr 39 I think..finally tired of the BST dont go up and down now living in the high country.. and have been riding with em on the yz250f and the 450x so im comfortable with em now especially with an adjustable leak jet and mods on the spring and diaphram.. so now to find a used one!
Old 06-06-2011, 06:00 PM   #42
wrk2surf OP
on the gas or brakes

New parts from http://www.pro-carbon.com .. will be getting the motor parts and wiring harness in the next couple of days.. finally starting!!
Old 06-06-2011, 09:07 PM   #43
SCsurfer
surfing explorer

Oddometer: 172
Nice looking set of carbon fiber parts wrk . What's your initial impression of the skid plate . Been looking for something to replace the stock plate on my 640a.
Old 06-06-2011, 09:43 PM   #44
wrk2surf OP
on the gas or brakes

light duty, race or bling use...
Old 06-07-2011, 05:49 AM   #45
meat popsicle
Ignostic

Oddometer: 14,160
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrk2surf View Post
light duty, race or bling use...
Held up, but I don't go rock hopping or stump jumping. Some big sounding rock hits over the years, but the worst was probably trying to put the bike up on my work stank w/out removing it (heard a crack... )
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1303093

Never understood the race reasoning on a bike with this much HP; you've found it really matters? Like with the aluminum sprockets - worth the longevity hit?

Its not so much staying alive; its staying human that counts.
meat popsicle is offline   Reply With Quote