Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-13-2009, 06:21 AM   #1
stteve OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 343
Easten Europe Rally training

Hi Guys,

Last weekend I attended the ‘Eastern Europe Rally Training Weekend” or OER weekend for short.

The Eastern Europe Rally is a rally for, and organised by owners and users of a ‘big” trail bike. A week long riding from Poland to Rumania and back, navigated by roadbook and riding a combination of off-road tracks and local roads.
To give the event a liitle competitive flavour, each day ends with a special test, like a few laps on a MX track. However, the event is not a competition, and is not about speed. Riding and enjoying are the most important ingredients.

To give the people who have joined the event in the past, have registered in the coming event, or just want to join in the future, a traing weekend is organized; 2 days of roadbook in the east of Holland and a little bit of Germany, 3 specials (an MX track, an field were you should find colored signs and a big sandy hill).

In total about 100 bikes entered the weekend, from various sizes KTM EXC to AfricaTwins and HP2’s, XR400’s and even a GasGas Desert rally replica.

Because a friend of mine was celebrating her birthday the fridaynight before, Saturday was a bit rusty; we (Rob of my WR400, David on a WR250F and myself on a TT600R) arrived after the breefing and left the last.

After only 5 kms we saw a giant Honda Africa Twin, who had slipped into the canal you see here on the right ...

... and was the first out.

He would not be the last, because I had a rearflat after only 25 kms, which costed us about 1 hour; the two CO2 cartridges were not enough, so we had to find a gasstation to bring the tire up to pressure.

We were way back into the field … the colored flags had already been removed (too bad) the MX track was almost abandoned (so no pictures of our very fast laps) ....

My chain decided to slip from the sprocket, cracking the cases and a the bike lost a little oil. The ended my weekend after only 150 kms, so no podium for me. However, i still have the pictures to see what I have missed, like the climb ..

Anyway, i planned on doing a much larger report, but that will have to wait untill next year. I hope you still enoy this, though.

More pics http://gallery.maniacsmedia.nl/v/All...9_168.JPG.html

Old 02-13-2009, 07:09 AM   #2
Ridemuch
SUP

Oddometer: 2,231
More please.....
Old 02-13-2009, 07:05 PM   #3
Marcin
Adventurer

Oddometer: 75
Looks like a lot of fun.
Marcin is offline   Reply With Quote