User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-12-2009, 08:07 PM   #31
* SHAG *
Unstable

Oddometer: 4,341
Nice report!

I got caught in the fog & rain a few years ago after leaving Cherokee too. I pulled over on the right at a parking spot and almost ran into 2 guys on bicycles that were hiding from the cars. I talked to them for a little while, but had to move on. Rode in first and second gear to the Maggie exit. Once in awhile I would see a car headlight pass by me. Could barely see the yellow line. By this time they had closed that section behind me. Got off at 19E and made my way to Bristol.
05-GS- Rock Red 92k
06-GS- Dakar-40k Sold
* SHAG * is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 08:54 PM   #32
mrbreeze
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 8,417
I love the BRP. I am hoping to ride it again this year.

Travels with Maw Maw
mrbreeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 10:21 PM   #33
Rashnak
Lorem Ipsum

Oddometer: 9,713
Great Pics! Nice looking bikes too.

I have the $55 trunk from JC Whitney too lol. Matches those bikes pretty well. I iike my trunk but I wish it were large enough to fit a full face sitting upright- I have to turn my helmet sideways to barely fit in there.

On that 800- is that aftermarket fog lights I see? That position over the fender... any possibility of hitting the fender in hard braking or potholes?
Rashnak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 05:55 AM   #34
achesley
Old Motorcyclist

Oddometer: 3,426
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobw
If a guy needed a certificate badly enough that he had to falsify his form it would be too pathetic, but I could still sleep at night. I think it's more for fun and good will that also generates some free adverising when folks may ask about it.

Great ride report. I live off the BRP and can never get enough of it.

Safe travels.
I agree. I don't think I ever did the whole BRP. I started in Ashville after visiting a friend and did it all the way north finishing up with the Skyline Drive on my way to the Adirondacks and Maine in the Summer of '02. Outstanding trip cept for the fog on lots of the BRP. Guess need to do it again.

A '00 KLR 650 39,000 miles, A '07 1250S 77,000 actual, A '03 5.3L Chevy Truck 76,000 + '43 style dude , Simper Fi ;-)
achesley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 04:32 PM   #35
Ridge-Runner
Playing tag like a kid

Oddometer: 437
I get to ride the BRP all the time due to the fact that I just live about 25 miles away. Prolly not even that far. But I have yet to ride end to end. I may do that this year and try to incorparte that into a SS 1000 or something.

RR
Ridge-Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 05:10 PM   #36
Solaros1
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,236
My wife and I did the BRP end to end about six years ago - two of the best days we've ever spent traveling together.
Solaros1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 05:44 PM   #37
vwone OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 104
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rashnak
Great Pics! Nice looking bikes too.

I have the $55 trunk from JC Whitney too lol. Matches those bikes pretty well. I iike my trunk but I wish it were large enough to fit a full face sitting upright- I have to turn my helmet sideways to barely fit in there.

On that 800- is that aftermarket fog lights I see? That position over the fender... any possibility of hitting the fender in hard braking or potholes?
Lol yes, that is a JCW trunk. That is the largest one and it can handle my helmet and a bunch of other stuff. It has held up for a couple of years, two bikes and 20+ thousand miles.

As for the light bracket/lights, I designed and manufacture the light bracket for an online retailer. I designed the bracket to only be a couple of mm away from the bottom fairing. The lights are mounted far enough to the sides to completely miss the fender. So you only loose a couple mm of distance between the fairing and the fender. They have been selling for over a year and there has only been one report of damage to a fender that I am aware of. I have the first one and I have never had any damage in 18 thousand miles. It is only designed for the standard bike and not lowered one. It is truly amazing how much light you get from the piaa lights in that location, I wouldn't own/ride an F800st without them.
vwone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 06:48 PM   #38
achesley
Old Motorcyclist

Oddometer: 3,426
Quote:
Originally Posted by v Ridge Runner v
try to incorparte that into a SS 1000 or something.
RR
Best SS1000 report I ever saw was one done on gravel roads. I've done quite a few (mostly on Interstates ) but didn't know they gave out stuff for them back then. Was just trying to get home or to a rally. Now , at my tender age, it ain't gonna happen no more.

A '00 KLR 650 39,000 miles, A '07 1250S 77,000 actual, A '03 5.3L Chevy Truck 76,000 + '43 style dude , Simper Fi ;-)
achesley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 07:07 PM   #39
BlueBuell
Banned

Oddometer: 421
Loved the report! My in-laws live near the BRP, and I had a great winter ride there last year. 30 degrees and not a car in sight!
Thanks!
BlueBuell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 07:10 PM   #40
rockinrog
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,841
Love the Parkway

I had my first Parkway experience in October08. Lord willing it won't be the last. A link to just a few of the couple hundred pics I took.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/rogerly...7612360877045/
rockinrog is online now   Reply With Quote