User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-11-2009, 09:16 AM   #1
BoochZilla OP
Metal.Moto.Mania.

Oddometer: 762
2009 REV'IT! & Olympia ADV Gear Live at RevZilla

I know a lot of folks are chomping at the bit to see new ADV gear for this season. Most notably, the
2009 REV'IT! lineup outside of the catalog.

We are taking pre-orders on the REV'IT!. The New Olympia is already in stock and shipping.

Click to see the whole 2009 REV'IT collection. The REV'IT Dragon Jacket, Turbine Jacket, Navigator Jacket and Siren Womens Jacket have been the early standouts in our mind.

We have our fingers crossed to start shipping the 09 REV'IT the first week of March, but will keep everyone posted on that date as we get more information. We also will carry the whole new line in our Philadelphia destination store.

As for 2009 Olympia Jackets their new lineup features the Viper Jacket, Bonneville Jacket and Bonneville Womens Jacket. There is also a new color available for both the men's and women's AST. They call it sand, it looks light grey to me.

As always more than happy to answer any questions. PM, post or give us a ring at 877-792-9455

In other news we had our first nice days in months this past week in Philadelphia, we have our fingers crossed for an early spring. If I get another call from someone on the west coast gloating over 70 degree weather I will take my bike out purposely high-side to put myself out of this cold-weather misery.

38 days until Spring. See you all at Indy this weekend.

'10 Multistrada 1200
'05 Monster S2R

BoochZilla screwed with this post 02-12-2009 at 01:21 PM
BoochZilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 11:53 AM   #2
arcteryx33
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 517
A Few Rev'It Questions

Looking for a new jacket for the spring for a possible trip down south and just followed the links to both the Dragon and Navigator jackets. At first glance both of these jackets look pretty similiar but there is a pretty big price gap between the two. What are the differences and which would be a better option for unpredictable spring weather travel?

Thanks in advance!
arcteryx33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 12:01 PM   #3
BoochZilla OP
Metal.Moto.Mania.

Oddometer: 762
Hi Arcteryx,

Good question. Here is a hopefully thorough response.

The Navigator and Dragon are both new to the '09 lineup and they both fit the same application which is versatility in 4-season riding. The real differences are in the types of materials used. REV'IT! wanted to add a mid-priced all season jacket to the line which it could offer at ~$300. The Dragon is positioned at $299.99 to compete directly with Olympia, Firstgear, Tourmaster. To do it they dropped some of the bells and whistles which typically appeal to the truly hardcore.

The Navigator is basically the Cayenne Pro chassis restyled for less adventure styling and more on-road sport touring feel. It uses SAS-TEC Armor, Superfabric on the impact areas, Exkin thermals and all of the highest-end exterior shell materials. Those features contibute to a jacket of equal caliber to the Cayenne Pro Jacket designed for the most greuling of conditions.

The Dragon Jacket has a few less features, uses Thermolite insulation, Knox armor and DuPont Cordura for the shell. It also does not feature Superfabric on the elbows. This allows REV'IT! to significantly lower the price to appeal to a wider audience.

On a side note, the Dragon's waterproof liner is styled to be removable and worn as a stand-alone windbreaker. It's a first for REV'IT. The Dragon also has the female specific equivalent in the Siren Jacket which has identical features and the same standalone removable windbreaker.

So my roundabout answer to your question is as follows:

If you are doing a 5k mile trip through the mountains and the more arid states - invest in the Navigator or the Cayenne Pro.

On the contrary, if you are an avid rider who rides year round in all conditions and doesn't need the space age technologies the Dragon will exceed your expectations.

Final verdict from what I have seen:

REV'IT! Navigator Jacket 10 of 10.
REV'IT! Dragon Jacket 8 of 10

Hope this 'novel' helps!

Anthony

Quote:
Originally Posted by arcteryx33
Looking for a new jacket for the spring for a possible trip down south and just followed the links to both the Dragon and Navigator jackets. At first glance both of these jackets look pretty similiar but there is a pretty big price gap between the two. What are the differences and which would be a better option for unpredictable spring weather travel?

Thanks in advance!

'10 Multistrada 1200
'05 Monster S2R

BoochZilla screwed with this post 02-12-2009 at 12:45 PM
BoochZilla is offline   Reply With Quote