Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Tejas and the Gulf States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-09-2009, 07:01 AM   #226
Newner
Buffering

Oddometer: 1,587
Seemed like a pretty good omlete at the Bluestem, a little spicy later if you know what I am talking about.

Riding wasn't too bad either, I wished these days it was just the buffalos we had to worry about and not the gangsters. At least they post signs about the Buffalo.

Old 03-11-2009, 06:55 PM   #227
traversing
R=(Pa)(1-Pe)(C)

Oddometer: 109
The Food Looks Great

Greetings fellow Okie's. I just moved from Oklahoma City to Littleton, CO and I can't say I miss the Oklahoma Summer heat, cold Winters with the high wind and high humidity, but I sure miss the wonderful people and the great Southern food.

Anyone care for a Tofu Burger with sprouts?
traversing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 07:26 PM   #228
reed523
To pedal or not to pedal

Oddometer: 392
Quote:
Originally Posted by traversing
Greetings fellow Okie's. I just moved from Oklahoma City to Littleton, CO and I can't say I miss the Oklahoma Summer heat, cold Winters with the high wind and high humidity, but I sure miss the wonderful people and the great Southern food.

Look at this way...you've probably got an extra 10-15 years of riding over most down here by getting away from "that great southern food"!
reed523 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 09:48 PM   #229
Farscape
Oh, look! Orange koolaid!

Oddometer: 553
Are you gonna make it to the Tech Day Keith?

I'll let you dangle your feet from the seat of the Katoom

Come on down buddy.
Farscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 04:30 AM   #230
reed523
To pedal or not to pedal

Oddometer: 392
Nope. Can't make it that day. Glad to see you're home. So, is it all you dreamed??
reed523 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 05:42 AM   #231
little foot
Scratch and Sniff

Oddometer: 5,880
Quote:
Originally Posted by traversing

I went just the opposite direction. I left Colorado Springs for chandler Oklahoma. I think I would be happy with . Colorado from late May to mid October, Oklahoma the rest of the time. Anyway have fun it's a beautiful state watch out for the traffic along the front range cities.
Old 03-12-2009, 06:32 PM   #232
traversing
R=(Pa)(1-Pe)(C)

Oddometer: 109
Front Range Traffic

I am learning fast, these people out here are nuts. Always to seem to be in a hurry, very little waving, just a lot of horn honking and one finger waving.
Colorado could get out of the Red$$$$ and get in the Black$$$$ if they would start writing tickets to the jacka$$ car drivers.

Going to try and get back to Oklahoma in early or late Spring to see my family and friends in OKC.

Ride safe,

Ronnie
traversing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 03:33 PM   #233
lewismedlock

Oddometer: 13,120
bump
lewismedlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 06:57 PM   #234
DirtyDog
Lust for dust.

Oddometer: 7,720
Not much 2-wheeled fun for me lately. Got pulled over last Sunday for not changing lanes as I passed a cop on the shoulder. Today I received a fine for supposedly not paying a toll when I hauled my KLR to kinta last month.

Hope things get better. Work and personal stresses are getting me down. I need to take a ride soon.
-DustyRags
DirtyDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 07:28 PM   #235
Dirt2007
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,812
Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyDog
Not much 2-wheeled fun for me lately. Got pulled over last Sunday for not changing lanes as I passed a cop on the shoulder. Today I received a fine for supposedly not paying a toll when I hauled my KLR to kinta last month.

Hope things get better. Work and personal stresses are getting me down. I need to take a ride soon.
Hope things get better. If you do have a pikepass contact them and they will deduct the toll and drop the fine.
Dirt2007 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 04:24 PM   #236
NtShiny
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 154
Is the fine for not paying a regular occurrence? I've noticed that sometimes the tolls don't take the change you throw into them and you need to add a dime or nickel to get the machine to register, is it just me or have others had this same experience?
NtShiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 05:01 PM   #237
lewismedlock

Oddometer: 13,120
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirt2007
Hope things get better. If you do have a pikepass contact them and they will deduct the toll and drop the fine.
For years I drove a Jeep with a Pikepass in it. I still have the Jeep, but it's retired from daily driving now and the Pikepass is in my truck. So I drive the Jeep for the first time in a long time, and at the last minute I had to go pick up my son at school. I get on the Creek Turnpike and drive to Tulsa and back. As I was exiting the turnpike at the end of my run, I noticed that I didn't have my pass in the Jeep. Crap.

So, I was expecting to get a ticket(s) in the mail. Instead, I got a new Pikepass with a note that said it appeared that mine wasn't working properly. I guess that they got a picture of my tag, matched it up with my account, amd assumed that the problem was on their end.

lewismedlock screwed with this post 03-23-2009 at 09:20 PM
lewismedlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 05:10 PM   #238
DirtyDog
Lust for dust.

Oddometer: 7,720
Yes, the toll machines suck ass, as do the pike pass readers. Half the time I don't get the "all clear" light when I breeze through. Never know if the damn things are working.

I'm forced to take the turnpike for 3 round trips weekly now, so I feel like they have me by the nads.
-DustyRags
DirtyDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 09:16 AM   #239
little foot
Scratch and Sniff

Oddometer: 5,880
I drive the turner into Tulsa daily. i have noticed when on the bike i don't see the thank you sign light up at the midway point. But when i'm slow though the the exit booths it reads everytime. I keep waiting for the nasty note from pikepass.
Old 03-25-2009, 10:28 AM   #240
DrLewall
The Human GPS

Oddometer: 32,442
Quote:
Originally Posted by little foot
I drive the turner into Tulsa daily. i have noticed when on the bike i don't see the thank you sign light up at the midway point. But when i'm slow though the the exit booths it reads everytime. I keep waiting for the nasty note from pikepass.
and I thought I was the only one..I feel better now..tnx
DrLewall is offline   Reply With Quote