ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Tejas and the Gulf States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 08-23-2013, 04:51 PM   #5236
Krabill
Beastly Adventurer
 
Krabill's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2005
Location: Tulsa, OK
Oddometer: 4,703
I would be so in for that, but unfortunately I'm out of town at the moment. Have a good time
__________________
Loud Sucks!
www.wrrdualsport.com
www.designatedvaping.com <- for all your electronic cigarette needs
Krabill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 09:57 PM   #5237
Dadayama
Constant Adventurer
 
Dadayama's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2008
Location: Oklahoma City
Oddometer: 585
Quote:
Originally Posted by Throttlemeister View Post
rtwDoug is going to be in town tomorrow on his DirtBag Harley sidecar rig as he is riding West on the Trans America Trail. Going to have a little get together tomorrow evening and maybe even fire up the grill or have some kinda potluck feed.

pm for directions
This dude has done some riding...

Here is his current trip...

LINK for "rtwDoug" Just another TAT ride report, on a Harley DirtBag
__________________
Ich Fahre Nicht Zu Schnell, Ich Fliege Nur Niedrig
Oklahoma Adventure Trail
YouTube
Dadayama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 11:10 PM   #5238
DirtyDog
Lust for dust.
 
DirtyDog's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2007
Location: Tulsa... it's OK
Oddometer: 7,644
Dang. Would have liked to join. I'll be in Stillwater for the endurocross.
__________________
"This place fucking runs on beer, you buy the right person a beer, and you get a job, a blow, a place to sleep, whatever.
You're hot, cold, thirsty, hungry... beer will fix that.
Beer is a god damn miracle, and don't you forget it!"
-DustyRags
DirtyDog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 03:09 AM   #5239
rockydog
just a guy
 
rockydog's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Location: okieland
Oddometer: 807
Hey throttlem

Wrapping up my little trip over here, will look you up when I get back. Hope the rtwDoug nite went coolish
__________________
Two lane roads and two bit towns

Rockydog woofs the Isles, British Isles
rockydog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 12:59 PM   #5240
OKlr
Youtube whore
 
OKlr's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2009
Location: Ponca City Oklahoma
Oddometer: 776
Latest vid. Just out for an afternoon ride when i found a disk golf hippie course. I was on 50/50 tires so i didn't go real far, but i'm definetly going back when its a little dryer.

OKlr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 02:12 PM   #5241
durtrider
adventure sow
 
durtrider's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2005
Location: Land of the Red Man
Oddometer: 670
Cool!

Where was this course? My son and his buds play disc golf a bit, so inquiring minds would like to know!
__________________
KTM 525 EXC
Triumph Tiger 800 XC
durtrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 03:24 PM   #5242
OKlr
Youtube whore
 
OKlr's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2009
Location: Ponca City Oklahoma
Oddometer: 776
Quote:
Originally Posted by durtrider View Post
Where was this course? My son and his buds play disc golf a bit, so inquiring minds would like to know!

North east side of Ponca Lake. A large part of it is on the other side of the woods, in a field.
OKlr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 10:53 AM   #5243
-Chris-
Gnarly Adventurer
 
-Chris-'s Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2013
Location: Sand Springs, Ok
Oddometer: 332
Its the old archery range if your from around there, I grew up in Ponca City and my grand parents owned the first house directly west of where you turned in there...

Who knows OKlr, I may know you!

On another note, I put my introduction thread out there before I found the BS thread... I hope I dont get banned on my first post!!

here is the link if anyone really cares. haha
http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=918456
__________________
2012 Triumph 800 XC
2009 Yamaha V-Max
2006 Honda CRF50
2005 Honda CRF450X
Fly & Ride-2013, Meandering East - From Tulsa to the coast
-Chris- is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 02:32 PM   #5244
DrLewall
Banned
 
DrLewall's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2008
Location: Drakes Creek, AR
Oddometer: 32,121
of course y'all know that one of your new little calves is out runnin loose in the Tejas gulf section..y'all need to wrangle him in and get him to post here in the OKBS thread..dirty dawg has already greeted him, but failed to wrangle him in down here..but then again, it may be part of his plan to keep the n00b to himself?

You cant miss the new guy, he rides a V max

carry on y'all
DrLewall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 02:51 PM   #5245
-Chris-
Gnarly Adventurer
 
-Chris-'s Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2013
Location: Sand Springs, Ok
Oddometer: 332
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrLewall View Post
of course y'all know that one of your new little calves is out runnin loose in the Tejas gulf section..y'all need to wrangle him in and get him to post here in the OKBS thread..dirty dawg has already greeted him, but failed to wrangle him in down here..but then again, it may be part of his plan to keep the n00b to himself?

You cant miss the new guy, he rides a V max

carry on y'all
I tried to post in here and it said something about Admins review or something!!!

**Oh now it lets me!**

Anyways, I grew up in Ponca. Thats the old Archery range, my grandparents used to own the first house directly west of where you turned in to the disc "course".

Who knows I may already know you OKlr!!

Here is my first thread, guess I didnt realize I needed to post here first. oops.

http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=918456

Cheers!
__________________
2012 Triumph 800 XC
2009 Yamaha V-Max
2006 Honda CRF50
2005 Honda CRF450X
Fly & Ride-2013, Meandering East - From Tulsa to the coast
-Chris- is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 03:00 PM   #5246
DrLewall
Banned
 
DrLewall's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2008
Location: Drakes Creek, AR
Oddometer: 32,121
Never mind..he found his way!




Quote:
Originally Posted by SRT-8-U View Post
I tried to post in here and it said something about Admins review or something!!!

**Oh now it lets me!**

Anyways, I grew up in Ponca. Thats the old Archery range, my grandparents used to own the first house directly west of where you turned in to the disc "course".

Who knows I may already know you OKlr!!

Here is my first thread, guess I didnt realize I needed to post here first. oops.

http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=918456

Cheers!
Welcome to the OK bs group! Trade that V max, or add a Ds bike to your stable and come get dirty with everyone
DrLewall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 03:24 PM   #5247
-Chris-
Gnarly Adventurer
 
-Chris-'s Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2013
Location: Sand Springs, Ok
Oddometer: 332
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrLewall View Post
Never mind..he found his way!






Welcome to the OK bs group! Trade that V max, or add a Ds bike to your stable and come get dirty with everyone
Don't think I could trade that sucker in, have way too much fun on it. I am on the hunt for the "right" bike. I want to do some distance and still be able to ride in the dirt... I do not want to spend 10-15k on a bike I know is gonna go down eventually... Thats another reason I'm here, get the opinions/advice from you guys!
__________________
2012 Triumph 800 XC
2009 Yamaha V-Max
2006 Honda CRF50
2005 Honda CRF450X
Fly & Ride-2013, Meandering East - From Tulsa to the coast
-Chris- is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 05:22 PM   #5248
gmsnowball
Black Bear Pass
 
gmsnowball's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2004
Location: Oklahoma Some Where
Oddometer: 883
Wicked Welcome

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRT-8-U View Post
Don't think I could trade that sucker in, have way too much fun on it. I am on the hunt for the "right" bike. I want to do some distance and still be able to ride in the dirt... I do not want to spend 10-15k on a bike I know is gonna go down eventually... Thats another reason I'm here, get the opinions/advice from you guys!
Don't know if you know the yahoos in Tulsa but if not here is a link to their asylum .... http://www.advrider.com/forums/showt...65380&page=231

Good bunch of guys that ride a lot and have one hell of an end of the year camp out extreme get together of sorts. These guys know how to have fun especially Newner and Tomski, keep your eye on those two..
__________________
Snowball
Ride Hard, Fast and Often

12 Super Tenere
gmsnowball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 05:45 PM   #5249
DrLewall
Banned
 
DrLewall's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2008
Location: Drakes Creek, AR
Oddometer: 32,121
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmsnowball View Post
Don't know if you know the yahoos in Tulsa but if not here is a link to their asylum .... http://www.advrider.com/forums/showt...65380&page=231

Good bunch of guys that ride a lot and have one hell of an end of the year camp out extreme get together of sorts. These guys know how to have fun especially Newner and Tomski, keep your eye on those two..
FINALLY! Someone taking it off of me!
DrLewall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 06:41 PM   #5250
Newner
Buffering
 
Newner's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2008
Location: Bixby, OK
Oddometer: 1,581
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmsnowball View Post
Don't know if you know the yahoos in Tulsa but if not here is a link to their asylum .... http://www.advrider.com/forums/showt...65380&page=231

Good bunch of guys that ride a lot and have one hell of an end of the year camp out extreme get together of sorts. These guys know how to have fun especially Newner and Tomski, keep your eye on those two..

All new members please report to Tomski's Garage for initiation.

__________________
"Serious. Just like that scene from the matrix, except the chick was me and the ducati was a klr." -DirtyDog
Newner is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 06:47 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014