ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional Forums > Central From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-15-2015, 06:50 PM   #1
Mudaura OP
Domestic Tourist

Oddometer: 210
Chief Needaknobbie's Soul Crusher, So. Indiana Dual Sport Camp & Ride Aug. 29th 2015

Ride sticker, can't have a ride without a sticker and of course these will be handed out free to those that show up to the ride!

Justarida placed the T-shirt order and the final cost will be $17.50 each. The graphics on the T-shirts will be the same as the sticker in the first pic, above t-shirt pics are for example.The actual shirt will have white on the skull as well as the lettering on the tire.

Thanks to Justarider for taking care of this and to all that ordered! This should be a really nice t-shirt!

WHAT: RIDE DETAILS

We have put together some great day rides in the past and this one will be even better! So come out for a weekend of riding, food, camping and carnage!

This will be a full on 1 day self led dual sport ride with 230 miles worth of tracks that will include dirt, gravel, broken pavement, rocks, ruts, twisty pavement, several creek crossings, mud and single track!
If you don't have a GPS, come ride anyway and you can follow along with someone who does!

If you don't feel like doing the rough stuff, go arounds will be included in the tracks that we'll post a few weeks before the ride.

WHERE:

Tracks will take you through Jackson, Lawrence, Washington, and Brown County. We're not really going anywhere in particular, just linking some great roads together!

WHEN:

Day of the ride is Saturday August 29th but most of us will arrive at the campsite on Friday the 28th after work to set up camp so we'll be ready to ride Saturday morning. I plan on heading out by 7am since there are a lot of fun miles out there but you can leave whenever you like. We will return to the campsite after the ride to eat and camp, food details below.
Sunday August 30th will be pack up and leave day whenever you get around to it, no hurry. There is talk of a short Sunday morning ride but we will talk about that around the fire Saturday night.

FREE CAMPING !!!!!

FREE camping will be provided by ADV inmate Notyetbroke on several acres of his property so be sure to thank him when you see him!
There will be porta-johns on site as well as water and electrical outlets for charging phones and stuff and even an outdoor shower!
No individual water or electrical hook ups available so if you bring your pop-up or Winnebago please be self contained.
Tons of room for tent campers and trees in the back for those that use a hammock and in case you missed it, FREE CAMPING!
FREE FIREWOOD TOO! don't want to forget that, split and ready to burn!

Where is this free camping?

GPS coordinates are,

N 38 53.286
W 086 15.838

Address is,

953 N. Co. Rd. 1225 W.
Norman, IN 47764

It is located just 4 miles east of the junction of HWY 50 & 446, (between Brownstown & Bedford IN) right off HWY 50.
Farmers Market gas station is 4 miles West of campsites at the junction.

For those of you that want water and electric hookups on a paying basis this RV park is 5 miles West of where we will be camping.
http://www.freespiritcamp.com/

For you non-campers the closest motel is the Plaza 3.5 miles West of where we will be camping.
http://www.manta.com/c/mmgc6b0/plaza-motel

But it will be a lot more fun to hang out with us and cheaper too!

FOOD AND DRINKS

You like to eat right? We have a group coming in to cook all the food for Saturday evening so we don't have the hassle of it after a great day of riding!
They will be accepting a donation of $11.00 for unlimited portions to cover the cost of the food and their preperation time.
Below is what they will have ready for us to eat at 6:00 PM Saturday!

Pulled pork barbecue sandwiches
Beans and cornbread
Potato chips
Coleslaw
Soft drinks and bottled water

And in case you missed it the first time, it will be unlimited portions! it will work just like a cookout, make yourself at home, help yourself and eat up!
We will have paper plates, utensils, ice and stuff like that there as well, all you need to do is show up on two wheels!
We will be on our own as far as food goes on Friday night though.

Well what about the beer Mudaura!?
It'll be iced down and ready when you get in!
Beyond that, we can run into town for whatever else the evening requires.

Now on with the show!

We won't be dragging our bikes under the guard rail this time Brewski83!

The way in!

The way out!

You'll need to make your own creek crossing here........

But not here!

Lots of this!

More below!

Mudaura screwed with this post 06-26-2015 at 06:56 PM
Mudaura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 06:52 PM   #2
Mudaura OP
Domestic Tourist

Place holder for tracks

Actively working on tracks at this time, just some info about them, they will be very detailed and will double back on themselves and come very close together at times.
Watch closely for detailed tracks in some areas so you don't miss a good off-road trail, I will mark these as well.
Main tracks will be CYAN in color and go arounds will be GREEN, they will be included in the same track package with several waypoints and heads up notifications for the rough stuff that will be RED.

Distance between fuel stops below, they are from gas station to gas station.

From camp to first gas stop is 22 miles

From first to second gas stop is 108 miles, this is the longest stretch

From second to third gas stop is 37 miles

From third to fourth gas stop is 18 miles

From fourth gas stop back to camp is 60 miles

I plan to fill up at gas stop 2 and 4

Mudaura screwed with this post Today at 04:12 AM
Old 05-15-2015, 07:06 PM   #3
EBR458
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 140
Im in and well bring at lest 3 others maybe 6 non inmates.

Heres some footage of some of the area. Browning bridge.

Teaser Videos

Browning bridge.

Latest video harder section

EBR458 screwed with this post 06-28-2015 at 08:20 PM
EBR458 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 07:15 PM   #4
Mudaura OP
Domestic Tourist

More pics

We'll hit this first thing in the morning.........

Above video shamelessly stolen from brewski83 and the one below. Thanks brewski83!

This is a long dead end road but it's worth the trip if you like fast two track gravel through the woods!
Actual road starts @ 12:40, it comes close to a house and the owner is usually out in his yard with his Doberman, he's a nice guy, just slow down and wave!

I'm sure the tree will be gone by the time were there.

Plenty of this!

There is a trail here, we cleared the briars and limbs away and you'll see the track once you get in, just go slow and follow your GPS.

Weddleville School, I'll try to get them to open if you'd like to see inside, they restored it a few years back.

Lunch stop, really good food! Here's a menu below and I believe they've started serving breakfast until 12:00 their biscuits and gravy are fantastic!

Don't be shocked by the $10.00 Gobbler burger, its a beast and well worth it, many people struggle to finish it!

Kathy and Rory inside hard at it! I've told them to expect us on the 29th so they'll be ready, you can even call ahead and place your order.
You'll have an opportunity to get something to eat at the Medora filling station when you refuel at 119 miles into the ride, but do yourself a huge favor and wait until you get here. Also at Justarida's request they will have peach cobbler.

Due to a direction changes in the route, the closest and most convenient place for a hot breakfast sandwich will be the Farmers market gas station out on Hwy 50 4 miles West of the campsite. Myself, I plan on stopping at B&D Market which we'll ride past 22 miles into the ride, you can get coffee and doughnuts and top off with gas there.
Gobbler Holler serves breakfast as well and is located 6 miles East of the campsite on HWY 50 or you could go to Norman for breakfast, 7 miles North of where we're camping. Both places open at 7AM but if you don't get a start on the tracks until 8:30 or 9:00 you're probably going to be out late.

Notice the depth of the ruts in the above photo, this is the easy way through this section.

More below....

Mudaura screwed with this post 06-07-2015 at 07:50 AM
Old 05-15-2015, 07:32 PM   #5
Mudaura OP
Domestic Tourist

Again, for the less adventurous, any of the route below can be bypassed.

Mouth of the monster.

Make a left and down, down, down.

Might get hung on a log..

Or drop it in disgust.

Nice road here!

Mudaura screwed with this post 05-22-2015 at 02:47 PM
Old 05-15-2015, 07:33 PM   #6
Mudaura OP
Domestic Tourist

CAMPSITE PICTURES BELOW

If I know Notyetbroke like I think I do, he'll make this one of the most enjoyable camping experiences you've had, heck of a guy he is!

Trees available in the back for the hammock people.

I believe this is where the fire will be.

Mudaura screwed with this post 05-17-2015 at 09:30 AM
Old 05-15-2015, 07:51 PM   #7
Justarida
Genius At Large

Oddometer: 84
Count me in, Lord willing and the creek dont rise! but then really who cares if it does! This sounds like a great plan! Let me know if you need help with anything. If you decide pitch in is the way to go I can fire up the smoker and get the little lady to work up a keg of baked beans! I do hope your planning on running the "mouth of the beast" going down not up. Looks great cant wait.
Old 05-15-2015, 08:04 PM   #8
Mudaura OP
Domestic Tourist

This will make an appearance too.

You'll see this...

Cross this....

See this...

Ride this..

And this!

Lots of gravel!

Not all can be dirt and gravel.

Just some roads you'll ride and things you'll see, so if you have plans August 29th cancel them and come ride!

Fire away with questions and I'll add more pics and info as we go.

Mudaura screwed with this post 05-15-2015 at 09:08 PM
Old 05-15-2015, 08:05 PM   #9
Mudaura OP
Domestic Tourist

The off-road in this one section that you see in the pictures is a cut through on private property and while you should take all the time you need and enjoy it, keep in mind it's private property and not a riding park. Please do not spin laps and staying on tracks is advised. This is a dual sport ride so please ride through these areas and continue on with the tracks.

The tracks are designed to go one direction and I don't think anyone wants to deal with head on collisions by someone turning laps, so stay on the tracks and please move along in the correct direction.
You all know how this works, it only takes one of us not on our best behavior to get a great riding opportunity taken away.
If this ride turns out to be a good one (I think it will), I'd like to have the chance to use it in a different way next year.
It was asked if this section is only good for Saturday. That is correct, the Saturday of the ride.
And while I'm at it, you assume all responsibility for your actions and safety while croThanks these private sections.
I need everyone's help in this matter and I know a responsible group like you all can lead by example.

Thanks and here are a few pics from the other day!

Mudaura screwed with this post Today at 04:01 AM
Old 05-15-2015, 08:24 PM   #10
Augdog1964
2015 BMW R1200GSA

Oddometer: 62
I'm in...

Looking forward to meeting some fellow Indiana riders... been out of riding for a few years and now back strong...
Augdog1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 08:35 PM   #11
Mudaura OP
Domestic Tourist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augdog1964 View Post
Looking forward to meeting some fellow Indiana riders... been out of riding for a few years and now back strong...
Great! This is gonna be a good one!
Old 05-15-2015, 08:37 PM   #12
Mudaura OP
Domestic Tourist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justarida View Post
Count me in, Lord willing and the creek dont rise! but then really who cares if it does! This sounds like a great plan! Let me know if you need help with anything. If you decide pitch in is the way to go I can fire up the smoker and get the little lady to work up a keg of baked beans! I do hope your planning on running the "mouth of the beast" going down not up. Looks great cant wait.
Down it is.....But there will be hill climbs available!
Old 05-15-2015, 09:10 PM   #13
godwinmt
They call me Crash

Oddometer: 729
Count me in!

Whats the plan for hill climbs? Swinging down by Moto?
godwinmt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 09:19 PM   #14
rustycager
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 712
Quote:
Originally Posted by godwinmt View Post
Count me in!

Went by moto tonight. It was empty.

Maybe in.
Old 05-15-2015, 09:26 PM   #15
Mudaura OP
Domestic Tourist

Quote:
Originally Posted by godwinmt View Post
Count me in!

We got you counted!
We could work that in too no problem, but what you're seeing in this thread/pics is a private section of land that will be available to us for the ride, and there are hills on it! More on this later.