ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Central – From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-11-2007, 04:32 AM   #1
SlipChip OP
Adventure Commuter

Oddometer: 3,145
NEOhio ADV & Tag-O-Rama

So here we go, a new (and updated) thread for anyone who rides in the Northeast Ohio area.
Lets start out with a game of Photo Tag. Here are the rules.

To claim a tag you must post a photo of your bike (or some portion thereof) within a full view of the tag that was placed. No file photo allowed for claiming. You must ride there. Please include location of the tag.

If you are the first person to claim that tag you can post a picture of your bike in a new place! Please be ready to post a new tag right away. In this case file photos are allowed for placement. Multiple tags okay within the spirit of the game but please keep it reasonable.

Tag must be accessible from a publicly recognized road. Dirt & gravel is okay as long as you warn ahead of time. Obviously the point is not to get someone into a sticky situation.

If you have figured out the location of the tag and are not the tag placer please refrain from giving obvious clues to the rest of us slackers.

Okay, here are the borders...
To the North, Lake Erie... Duh!
To the East, PA state line, double Duh!
To the South, Ohio Rte 39. South side of the road is out of bounds.
To the West, Ohio Rte 60. West side of the road is out of bounds.

Okay, let's have fun and play some TAG!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumknee
Hey Chip and any other east side Cleve, You think there is enough following up here in NEO to get any locals tags. Can't slab down to Central OH to play. Thinking area around 91 West - 44 East - 90 North - 422 South?
Central Guys, didn't mean to jump in. If there is any interest we could break it into a new thread. PS - And your all welcome to hit the slab and come North anytime. But Ill probably be heading east towards PA - my local sandbox.

BumKnee, I don't know that you will find enough ADV members within that limited area to get a good game of tag going. Perhaps the entire NEO quarter of the state, and even then I think you would have to do a good bit of recruiting in the various sub forums here. For whatever reason not many NEO members show up in this thread? I too would encourage you to head south (of route 30) to find the good stuff in Ohio. Your bike certainly has the legs for it! Well anyway I will toss this one out here in case anyone or yourself is interested.I think this shot may have even appeared in another thread somewhere.

This shot is from the cemetery across the street.

The three digits of the state route this is on add up to 14.

A link to the 2012 tag stats as of sept 2nd 2012 http://www.advrider.com/forums/showp...postcount=4859

“Discoveries are often made by not following instructions, by going off the main road, by trying the untried.” - Frank Tyger

"Life begins at the end of your comfort zone." - Neale Donald Walsch

SlipChip screwed with this post 09-03-2012 at 06:05 PM Reason: Updates and clarifications of the Photo Tag game
SlipChip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 08:59 AM   #2
EZ OUT
Sneaky Slow

Oddometer: 680
Bollocks to the snobs in the better half of the state
This is where the real party starts .
As for this tag, I'm pretty clueless...
If I can get my front tire mounted today I might be able to ride again tomorrow.

01 Triumph Sprint ST
1982 Suzuki GS 850L
1977 Kawasaki KZ 400
1973 Honda CB 450
1975 Honda MT 125
1969 Honda 50 minitrail
EZ OUT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 04:09 AM   #3
SlipChip OP
Adventure Commuter

Well, perhaps it is time for another hint...
Town was named for a former US President.

I was thinking that this might also be a good place to post reviews of local motorcycle goods and services.
I'll start off by saying that Mark Weyls @ 4WS in Valley City seems like a great guy who does good work at a fair price. I found out about him from Rick G.
Also, Use caution at Great Lakes Motorsports in Mentor.
Details available upon request.

Might as well also mention the Motorheads who meet and ride from Routes 91 and 90 early on Saturday mornings and end up at Dennys I think down @ Rte 8 & 271 for breakfast. Seems like a good group if you like groups rides or the BS-ing that follows.

“Discoveries are often made by not following instructions, by going off the main road, by trying the untried.” - Frank Tyger

Old 09-12-2007, 05:30 AM   #4
lorazepam
Two fisted burger

Oddometer: 8,169
Good hints Slipchip. I know where to look, but will be out of state till sunday. If I am correct, one could visit doyle road bridge when getting this tag
Old 09-12-2007, 05:50 PM   #5
EZ OUT
Sneaky Slow

Alright Slippy,
I think it is on Route 167 in Jefferson...s?

01 Triumph Sprint ST
1982 Suzuki GS 850L
1977 Kawasaki KZ 400
1973 Honda CB 450
1975 Honda MT 125
1969 Honda 50 minitrail
Old 09-12-2007, 08:55 PM   #6
SlipChip OP
Adventure Commuter

Iff'n you think it is there, then that's where you should go...

Old 09-13-2007, 04:02 PM   #7
blimpman
Fla Trail Rider

Oddometer: 707
Front of the Ravenna Arsenal...??? I seemed to remember a vehicle there. It was awhile ago I was there. Maybe I'll ride out there to see...

http://www.floridatrailriders.org
blimpman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 05:41 AM   #8
9Dave
Bazinga!

Oddometer: 12,745
Quote:
Originally Posted by EZ OUT
Bollocks to the snobs in the better half of the state
This is where the real party starts .
Don't make someone ride up there, get your tag, and put the next one on the levee at Marietta!

Hope you guys get more active up there. Blimpman needs more riding partners closer to home.

And if you want to come down to the sunny south again Blimpman, Larry is rememebering a bunch of fun new "roads" around TH.

Dave

dunno.....
9Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 09:27 AM   #9
bumknee
Work Hard, Play Hard

Oddometer: 138
NEO - Ride what we got.

While I love to think about my dream ride (Patagania Chile) and read two week ride reports, the reality is I live in NEO and outside of the occasional multiple day trip, most of my riding is “go wherever you want – but get home by dinner” or lots of 100 mile loops. Wife, Kids, Job, House etc - you know the drill.

So lets face it NEO we have to improvise. I just gave up weekly motocross and purchased 1st street legal bike – Noob and need some help. Here are some of my loops that fit into those categories. What are yours?

Out for a few hours

· Loops that include River Road, up through Kirtland, Sperry Road, Indian Point Park in Concord for a little gravel, and then heading east into Ashtabula Co.
· Chagrin Falls out through Parkman heading towards Mosquito lake and Greenville PA. Dodge horse crap and buggies on as many unpaved roads as I can find.
· South through Cuyahoga Valley National Park, circle around Medina and back. Get to ride Gorge Road twice. (my vote for best Cleveland area Road)

Home by Dinner
· Anything South of Carrolton OH – Heading to Wheeling is my favorite so far. Great fish sandwich at Colemans.
Old 09-15-2007, 05:58 AM   #10
SlipChip OP
Adventure Commuter

I think the Bum is onto something.
Or at least one of his loops would take him into the vicinity of the tag. And Lorazepam, there are indeed a number of covered bridges out in this area.

SlipChip screwed with this post 09-16-2007 at 03:53 PM
Old 09-15-2007, 03:02 PM   #11
bumknee
Work Hard, Play Hard

Oddometer: 138
Slip

Its killing me. I had to work today - and go out of town Sun - Tue, if no one else goes and gets your tag I'll go pick it up Wed AM before work.
Old 09-16-2007, 08:44 AM   #12
OhioPT
Adventure Wannabe

Oddometer: 1,095
Hey all. Newbie here. Not sure where to post intoductions on this forum, but I thought this might be a good place to start. I'm located in Columbiana County Ohio. There is some fanatastic street and dirt riding in this area, including some pretty narly single-track/woods if you are into that.

I'll be attending the Fall Laurel Fork Wilderness event in WV next weekend. If anybody in the area wants to meet up, I'm leaving my place around 7:00 am on Friday.

Let me know if anybody wants to get together on the weekends to explore the offroad trails around here. Later.
OhioPT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 07:10 PM   #13
EZ OUT
Sneaky Slow

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumknee
While I love to think about my dream ride (Patagania Chile) and read two week ride reports, the reality is I live in NEO and outside of the occasional multiple day trip, most of my riding is “go wherever you want – but get home by dinner” or lots of 100 mile loops. Wife, Kids, Job, House etc - you know the drill.

So lets face it NEO we have to improvise. I just gave up weekly motocross and purchased 1st street legal bike – Noob and need some help. Here are some of my loops that fit into those categories. What are yours?

Out for a few hours

· Loops that include River Road, up through Kirtland, Sperry Road, Indian Point Park in Concord for a little gravel, and then heading east into Ashtabula Co.
· Chagrin Falls out through Parkman heading towards Mosquito lake and Greenville PA. Dodge horse crap and buggies on as many unpaved roads as I can find.
· South through Cuyahoga Valley National Park, circle around Medina and back. Get to ride Gorge Road twice. (my vote for best Cleveland area Road)

Home by Dinner
· Anything South of Carrolton OH – Heading to Wheeling is my favorite so far. Great fish sandwich at Colemans.
Hey Bum,
We're bound to pass by eachother one of these days. For real tight twisties try the the little road in the Brecksville reservation that connects the horse stables with the main parkway. It is only about 2 miles long but has alot of technical turns for a short length of road. Granger Rd to Bath road from East of Hametown Rd to Cuyahoga Falls is fun too.

01 Triumph Sprint ST
1982 Suzuki GS 850L
1977 Kawasaki KZ 400
1973 Honda CB 450
1975 Honda MT 125
1969 Honda 50 minitrail
Old 09-18-2007, 09:12 AM   #14
blimpman
Fla Trail Rider

Oddometer: 707
If you want a little off-road area to mess around with I found this old gravel pit a year or so ago. It isn't very big but it has some fun hills and a little mud, sand, etc... It is east of Aurora, Ohio. See the map below. Pic's below that.

http://www.floridatrailriders.org
blimpman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 09:19 AM   #15
SlipChip OP
Adventure Commuter

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioPT
Hey all. Newbie here. Not sure where to post intoductions on this forum, but I thought this might be a good place to start. I'm located in Columbiana County Ohio. There is some fanatastic street and dirt riding in this area, including some pretty narly single-track/woods if you are into that.

I'll be attending the Fall Laurel Fork Wilderness event in WV next weekend. If anybody in the area wants to meet up, I'm leaving my place around 7:00 am on Friday.

Let me know if anybody wants to get together on the weekends to explore the offroad trails around here. Later.
Welcome to the asylum OPT.
I get down that way now and then to visit a friend in Carrolton.
I pretty much stick to the roads though, gravel and otherwise.