ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Central From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-09-2009, 04:55 AM   #1516
TommyBBQ
More Dirt than Road

Oddometer: 68
Redbird Ride?

So how was Redbird? Attica was packed! But the group I was with was fun/fast/and motivated. It was a helluva day. Such nice weather for November... hope next weekend is the same.

Putting a Street-Kit on the WR this week. So next time we ride, I won't have the heavy KLR.
Old 11-09-2009, 05:29 AM   #1517
TommyBBQ
More Dirt than Road

Laugh Video Clip

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyBBQ
So how was Redbird? Attica was packed! But the group I was with was fun/fast/and motivated. It was a helluva day. Such nice weather for November... hope next weekend is the same.

Putting a Street-Kit on the WR this week. So next time we ride, I won't have the heavy KLR.
A little video of the dust up there... didn't get much good footage because I had such a blast!
http://www.flickr.com/photos/22520110@N08/4089499376/
Old 11-09-2009, 06:52 AM   #1518
header
Chris

Oddometer: 1,733
Red bird was pretty good. It wasnt really busy untill later in the afternoon but even then there weren't many people there. We didnt really ride as a group though, we split into three groups 2-2-1. I stayed by my self. I was having fun but I just couldn't get into it. I dont know if it was the fact that there are so many trails and I cant remember whats around the next corner and dont feel safe going fast or because I knew when I got home I would have to finish a big project for school.

It was a good day though, weather was great very little mud but still enough to get dirty. Didnt get any pics though, batteries were dead.
header is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 07:24 AM   #1519
tpar1220 OP
such a pud..

Oddometer: 2,522
we had a pretty good day at redbird, weather was great. the fallen leaves made it hard to see the trails... and anything on the trails. knnekicker, kamakaziozzy and myself rode the back side of the property and found some more singletrack that doesn't get used that much, or isn't finished yet. either way it was a blast, had them trails to ourselves the whole day. and i only crashed once! tried to lift the front wheel to clear a downed tree in 2nd gear. but hit neutral by mistake! hit that damn tree head on and damn near went over the bars on that deal..

kamakaziozzy had his honda on the ground a couple times but did a great job with it. it's pretty sad when i am on a full on dirtbike and can't keep up with a guy on a XR650L on singletrack! and he made the power line hills look easy, up and down 3 different hills on that pig.. impressive indeed.

kneekicker was his usual self, smooth and pulling away while i was slippin n slidin and loosing the trail. oh well, i had fun and was pretty beat when i got back.

header was there too, but didn't see him ride. he was stripped down and layin in the sun. looked for him on the trail but didn't see him. but rick and i didn't see anyone back where we were. but we did find some hidden deep water holes a couple times..

tommybbq, you are gonna have to come check out redbird for yourself. i have been to attica once... didn't care for it. too much damn sand and not enough trails. and too many jeeps, rails, atv's. i like the dedicated singletrack at redbird... motorcycles only!

unless you like the sand in your ass crack.. and every damn where else!

There will only be two things left moving after WW3.
Cockroaches & KLRs.
tpar1220 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 07:44 AM   #1520
header
Chris

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpar1220
header was there too, but didn't see him ride. he was stripped down and layin in the sun. looked for him on the trail but didn't see him. but rick and i didn't see anyone back where we were. but we did find some hidden deep water holes a couple times..

Yeah it was really nice layin in that sun . I found a couple rediculously deep holes too. I rolled into one really slowly so I wouldnt get any mud on my. It was only about 8 feet long, im thinking eh it cant be more than 4 maybe 5 inches deep. about another foot later and my front wheel is swollowed in this stinky nasty mud hole. I was right up to the airbox cover it was so deep. I dumoped the clutch in second and held it open untill I got outta there.
Old 11-09-2009, 09:15 AM   #1521
jscompto
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 597
sounds like you guys actually got some riding in. thats good. as for me, not so much...camping was awesome and i had a blast. saturday morning we woke up and did some single track (mountain biking ) in the versailles state park, and that shit wore me out! I havent mountain biked in at least 6 months, so i was beat. we did about 7-8 miles of that and we headed back to camp.

we got my dirtbike all ready and headed towards osgood where my buddy's dad lives. we stopped in versailles for some McDonalds before we got to osgood, and WHABAM!! my fuel pump took a shit on my truck. we had to call my buddy's dad to come trailer it home for us. the really f'ed up part was that the fuel pump assembly and sending unit together was $330 and if you bought the sending unit and the fuel pump seperately, it was
$130. can you guess what we did there?? took us the rest of the day and 1/2 the next day to get everything buttoned up, but its fixed.

We finally got to ride yesterday when we got the truck done. My buddy's dad's place has some little trails and a few open fields and what not. we only got to ride about a half an hour before his 400ex started spewing oil everywhere and we had to go back to the house.

So, an eventful weekend for sure, however, i didnt ride nearly as much as i anticipated. I'll try to post some pics tonight if i get the time between writing papers and doing homework that i need to get caught up on. Glad everyone else's weekend went well!
Joel Compton
jscompto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 12:34 PM   #1522
KneeKicker
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,625
Quote:

That KLR will do off-road fine. I have taken mine up a few hills at moto supreme,and had it in mud up to pipe a few times, hauled ass through foot deep sand in Michigan..............and thinking about all that,get the street kit for your WR

"I got so drunk last night I woke this morning and someone had shit my pants" Ron White
KneeKicker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 02:44 PM   #1523
header
Chris

Quote:
Originally Posted by KneeKicker
That KLR will do off-road fine. I have taken mine up a few hills at moto supreme,and had it in mud up to pipe a few times, hauled ass through foot deep sand in Michigan..............and thinking about all that,get the street kit for your WR
Old 11-09-2009, 04:40 PM   #1524
TommyBBQ
More Dirt than Road

The kit's about half installed, but I can't find a damned place to put the mechanical brake switch. The kickstarter and my foot interferes with the switch no matter where I put it. Any ideas?

I'm gonna google it on thumpertalk.
Old 11-09-2009, 05:36 PM   #1525
TommyBBQ
More Dirt than Road

Wicked

Quote:
The kit's about half installed, but I can't find a damned place to put the mechanical brake switch. The kickstarter and my foot interferes with the switch no matter where I put it. Any ideas?

I'm gonna google it on thumpertalk.
Nevermind, I'm a dummy. I found the hydraulic switch that simply plugs in place of the jo-bolt and installed it. Then I found while bleeding the system that the reservoir had melted from the aftermarket exhaust pipe, and mud got up inside the line.

I have no idea how I still had a back brake!
Old 11-10-2009, 04:58 PM   #1526
alpiv
Sr. nOOb

Oddometer: 2,173
Interlake (Nov 13th or 14th?)

any one interested in exploring Interlake on Friday or Saturday?
alpiv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 08:15 PM   #1527
z987k
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,005
I think we saw a few of you guys at redbird Sunday. I was on the husky, with 2 friends on drz's. I wonder if any of you were the ones (possibly father son team?) that helped me up those two hills(south of the road) in the middle of the day after the 1st one kicked my ass.
z987k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 08:35 PM   #1528
z987k
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,005
Quote:
Originally Posted by alpiv
any one interested in exploring Interlake on Friday or Saturday?
I'd like to get down there sometime, but we just went to redbird this last weekend... plus at 4 hours each way, it would only make sense to make a whole weekend out of it.

Also, I checked out their website and it seems the single track is shared with horses.... which is fine, but I would imagine that this means the single track is pretty damn easy with no climbs/steep downhills?
z987k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 08:05 AM   #1529
hoghead650
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 227
Quote:
Originally Posted by z987k
I'd like to get down there sometime, but we just went to redbird this last weekend... plus at 4 hours each way, it would only make sense to make a whole weekend out of it.

Also, I checked out their website and it seems the single track is shared with horses.... which is fine, but I would imagine that this means the single track is pretty damn easy with no climbs/steep downhills?
Rode at Interlake last Sat and Redbird on Sunday. Single track is okay at Interlake, but you are correct in saying that the trails are not that hard.

Redbird was better for bikes, with the sections on the Southside of the county road being a lot of fun.
hoghead650 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 08:38 AM   #1530
alpiv
Sr. nOOb

Oddometer: 2,173
Well my weekend plans to head to Kentucky (Redbird crest trail) was put on hold till later this winter...
So, I figured I've got Friday through Sunday off and I would hit just about every ORV park in Indiana...
Starting with Interlake on Friday, Possibly Lawrence County Recreation Park (Abate) on Saturday and RedBird on Sunday.

I'm calling it the Over 40 Iron Man!
alpiv is offline   Reply With Quote