ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Central From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-03-2010, 05:48 AM   #1951
RamblinKevin
Adventurer

Oddometer: 268
Weekend Rides

Quote:
Originally Posted by dougfromindy
Can we vote on a nice central place we all can meet for breakfast on sat or sunday and do some DS riding? I have a "new to me" 95 xt600 with crappy tires but would like to say hello to some locals...how about bloomington at 12 noon?
Saturday looks like rain all day, Sunday is Easter, so that leaves me out.

I'll prolly ride to Redbird Monday though.
RamblinKevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 08:11 AM   #1952
oneflag
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 115
Moto Supreme

I rode to Moto supreme yesterday. The whole area is great for Dual Sport riding. I stopped at Cafe 58 for lunch. Very nice people and good food.
Thanks for the info.
Old 04-03-2010, 11:32 AM   #1953
gtackett
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 701
Quote:
Originally Posted by oneflag
I rode to Moto supreme yesterday. The whole area is great for Dual Sport riding.
I rode by there yesterday (Good Friday) around 3:30 and there were probably 5 or 6 trucks there where people had unloaded and was riding.

I was on the street bike .... so, i had to ride on by this time....
gtackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 07:52 PM   #1954
oPAULo
jack of all terrain

Oddometer: 3,899
Had an unbelievable time a moto supreme today. Met a couple really nice people and rode some killer trails. Met the owner Mike and he led us around for over an hour. There's some serious single track out there. It wasn't until halfway through he took his helmet off and told us how old he was. Dude is one HELLUVA good rider. Smooth as silk. Told us all about the place and some other good stories as well. I almost wadded the whole thing up on the motocross track. If I wasn't puckered so tight I would have soiled myself. headed back tomorrow around 1 if anyone is interested.
oPAULo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 05:05 PM   #1955
alpiv
Sr. nOOb

Oddometer: 2,173
Just got back from picking up my new girl!!!
She's no KTM 640 Adv!!!!

She's a:

Keep your eyes out for me!!!!
alpiv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 06:20 PM   #1956
KneeKicker
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,626
I got a couple hundred plus miles in today,no pictures though as everyone knows who rides with me I always carry a camera but never take pictures

Met up with Roaddad @ Bedford for breakfast @ 10:30 we got to eat one plate and then saw the fastest switch from a full breakfast to a full dinner in a matter of minutes.

I've covered quite a few miles around southern Indiana and Jerry has covered 3 times what I have but we still managed to find some new stuff,and in typical Roaddad fashion we found a good 3 or 4 mile section of offroad with mud and all the trimmings.

"I got so drunk last night I woke this morning and someone had shit my pants" Ron White
KneeKicker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 08:23 PM   #1957
jscompto
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 597
ITS ALIVE!!!!

My bike is up and running finally! I just have to break in the camshaft, check valve clearances, put on the tank, seat, and chain, and its ready to roll!! Look for me soon!
Joel Compton
jscompto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 07:40 AM   #1958
gagnaou
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,343
Quote:
Originally Posted by alpiv
Just got back from picking up my new girl!!!
She's no KTM 640 Adv!!!!

She's a:

Keep your eyes out for me!!!!
Nice bike, I am sure that you will love it!!!

501 FE Husaberg
1190 KTM adventure R
gagnaou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 09:48 PM   #1959
RedBirdStation
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 532
Anybody looking at doing this ride this year. I know that there were some from Indiana that went last year.

Missouri 2010 Swinging Bridges Ride ***May 1st and 2nd***

http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=541465

Looks like I will be moving back to Indian next week for the yest of the year and am looking for some people to hook up with.
RedBirdStation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 07:30 PM   #1960
RamblinKevin
Adventurer

What A Great Day To Ride

I decided to take a little ride today along some favorite routes with the intention of getting totally lost, then finding my way home again. I succeded in both, and had a blast along the way! I passed some guys near 144 and old 37 that where working on an old golf cart/atv homemade job with a 2 stroke twin motor, turned around and asked them if there where any trails by the White River nearby. Well they hopped on their bikes, and showed me some trails by the river that where all muddy and rutted out. After a spin through there I got myself totally lost somewhere NE of Martinsville and came across a couple of guys on Harley's sitting by the road near a cool creek on a skinny chip seal road. After chatting and laughing with them awhile, I eventually found my way back to 37 and home. I love getting lost!

Old 04-06-2010, 07:59 PM   #1961
jscompto
Studly Adventurer

We'll have to take you out here soon and get you REALLY lost then,
Joel Compton
Old 04-07-2010, 11:44 AM   #1962
RamblinKevin
Adventurer

Ponch and John Rides

Quote:
Originally Posted by jscompto
We'll have to take you out here soon and get you REALLY lost then,
Most days I am ready to ride at the drop of a hat. Any old excuse will do.

It is mutually beneficial to share routes, and riding areas, good places to eat, etc.

Let me know via PM or post, and we'll ride em like we stole em!
Old 04-07-2010, 12:05 PM   #1963
gtackett
Studly Adventurer

Odd engine braking feeling.

Just in the last few days I've noticed an odd feeling in the handlebars of the XT. When letting off the throttle then back on again fairly quickly (w/o shifting) I'm feeling an odd almost twist or turn of the handle bars while the forks do the normal nose dive.

Everything seems tight, forks have equal air pressure within specified range.

As I just put in a new set of piston rings they appear to be seating now that I have put about 300 miles on it since the rebuild. There appears to be more compression noticed while kick starting now.

Other possible issues? My chain slider on top front of swing arm must have shattered and flew off recently. I'm currently running multiple layers of duct tape covered in grease until I receive another slider. Could the chain rubbing the swing arm while engine braking give this odd feeling?

Any thoughts on other possibilities? I should be getting the new/used slider from a fellow ADVer soon.
Old 04-07-2010, 12:43 PM   #1964
jscompto
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtackett
Just in the last few days I've noticed an odd feeling in the handlebars of the XT. When letting off the throttle then back on again fairly quickly (w/o shifting) I'm feeling an odd almost twist or turn of the handle bars while the forks do the normal nose dive.

Everything seems tight, forks have equal air pressure within specified range.

As I just put in a new set of piston rings they appear to be seating now that I have put about 300 miles on it since the rebuild. There appears to be more compression noticed while kick starting now.

Other possible issues? My chain slider on top front of swing arm must have shattered and flew off recently. I'm currently running multiple layers of duct tape covered in grease until I receive another slider. Could the chain rubbing the swing arm while engine braking give this odd feeling?

Any thoughts on other possibilities? I should be getting the new/used slider from a fellow ADVer soon.
I'd lean more towards the front end of the bike if you feel it in your handlebars. Check your front brakes and see if they're operating normally, and check for clearance issues on your brakes and wheels and such. Let us know what you get figured out.
Joel Compton
Old 04-07-2010, 12:57 PM   #1965
gtackett
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jscompto
I'd lean more towards the front end of the bike if you feel it in your handlebars. Check your front brakes and see if they're operating normally, and check for clearance issues on your brakes and wheels and such. Let us know what you get figured out.
It's only when chopping the throttle, then hitting the throttle again. The feeling doesn't appear when using the front brakes.