ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Central From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-28-2010, 08:32 AM   #2836
kamakaziozzy
3rd Wheel Adventurer

Oddometer: 505
Quote:
Originally Posted by tpar1220
i am a member at a couple klr boards, was readin thru a klr rally down that way and seen a few pics... seen this guy and thought of you right away..

but thought..... no way could that be ozzy. so, is it you after all? and why the hell didja swamp the klr!

Those pics were all me .............except that last one...........everyonne has a evil twin ........right? Well at least today I'm doing water the right way. On a boat, with my phone above sea level. Man, that moutain river water is cooold! I got my $$$ worth out of that tow rope I bought before I came down. Wasn't the first time I needed it.......probably won't be the last.
Later
Kamakaziozzy
kamakaziozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 09:05 AM   #2837
seriousracer
be a man dodge tree bark

Oddometer: 7,433
Quote:
Originally Posted by kamakaziozzy
I rode down a couple weeks ago to Murphy NC. Found a dualsport ride called the Fuzzy Beaver! I just couldn't pass it up. After that I spent a week Dualsporting dirt, gravel roads @ hi altitude. Awesome!!! Did the dragon with 3 wheels drifting, lots of fun. Went back to Crawford campground the next weekend (Highly recomend it) for a KLR650.net Dualsport and road with those guys. after that decided to ride down to GA. to TWO. Very cool place! Headed on down to FL. In a couple days gonna head down to the Keys! I'm having a freakin ball!!! life is good on the road, I getta smellin a little but who cares. If this www. don't go thru check out killboy.com I'm on it. The one drifting the DS hack. Full ride report if I return? Kamakaziozzy takes a licken from the Fuzzy Beaver and keeps on going!
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_LxZ4Mi3rR3...0/img_5046.jpg
yep went last year was supposed to go this year to.

good time good group. bruno twip went on the screamin beaver in my place due to i had to work...
seriousracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 09:48 AM   #2838
tpar1220 OP
such a pud..

Oddometer: 2,550
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2strokeClay
ah, so it might be as simple as getting lucky and finding slightly stiffer springs at the hardware store.

hard to tune it that way tho, without something to go off of. the guess and check method would only be good in this case if you got it right on the first guess.

I'm thinking a thin washer or 2 under the springs.

my tw200's clutch has been actin up since i tweaked the carb and got that other 1/2 hp freed up. now the motor spins up nice, but clutch started slippin. found that other tw owners found the return spring on actuating arm on motor is sometimes overlooked at factory and not hooked up properly binding the arm slightly and not letting it return completely.

sure enough... it was the spring. i popped it back into place... and is much better, but still feel a lil slip.

was thinkin the same thing about the shims. i may slip a washer under each spring and see if it holds up.

hope the plates aren't trashed.

There will only be two things left moving after WW3.
Cockroaches & KLRs.
tpar1220 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 06:57 PM   #2839
RamblinKevin
Adventurer

Oddometer: 268
Parke County Halloween Ride

Had a great time today on a great ride with a great group of riders.

The ride report can be found here.

Enjoy!

RamblinKevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 07:29 PM   #2840
Indiana Bones
Ride or Die

Oddometer: 1,136
Parke County Ride

Yeah, what a great weekend camping and riding. I'll be posting some pics and there should be some videos via jwolf soon. You should of come up tpar.
Indiana Bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 07:48 PM   #2841
tpar1220 OP
such a pud..

there was a spot on last weekends hnf ride that a couple of us wanted to have another look see... a cemetary in the middle of nowhere.

tincher cemetary, i tried a google search to uncover some info... but came up empty. it was along side of the last off road section of the return trip of the hnf ride last weekend, we passed by it... i seen it and stopped.. but everyone kept on truckin, so i kept on as well. when we popped out on the main rd, opaulo says "i hope someone marks this spot so i can come back". i dropped a waypoint on the spot...... kneekicker did as well, guess he was thinking the same thing.

kneekicker and i met up at gatesville for breakfast before heading back to cemetary, we stopped at water crossing south of gatesville, we were debating crossing it over breakfast as it was chilly as a mo fo on ride there and didn't wanna get our feet wet. figured we would stop and have a look..

i have not seen it this low.. and have seen a bike or two get swamped in this creek before..

this is the swinging bridge just south of 50.... although, the bridge is gone now. this crossing just doesn't seem the same..

all thats left...

finally made it to the cemetary, cool old place. most headstones were from the mid to late 1800's with most recent being 1961.

a fitting ride..... being it's halloween, huh..

btw, happy birthday rick!

Cockroaches & KLRs.
Old 10-31-2010, 09:06 PM   #2842
mbabc
Curmudgeon trainee

Oddometer: 1,841
Quote:

i have not seen it this low.. and have seen a bike or two get swamped in this creek before..

Damn, that is low. Almost swamped my bike there last year.

The no longer swinging bridge....

I don't know what time it is, I've switched to kilometers
mbabc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 09:15 PM   #2843
tpar1220 OP
such a pud..

Quote:

Damn, that is low. Almost swamped my bike there last year.

The no longer swinging bridge....

good job mark.... i was lookin for those dam pics for over an hour. they must be on the pc, but it is in other room..... and no way was i gonna get my lazy ass up n walk in there.

Cockroaches & KLRs.
Old 11-01-2010, 09:55 AM   #2844
tpar1220 OP
such a pud..

Quote:
I love the new tires on the TW, too--what are they?
shinko sr428..

not alotta choices for the lil tw when it comes to tires, but i found these... so far i love em, the tw lays into a turn so nice now... and smooth as glass on road. and the set is cheaper than a stock piece of shit rear trail wing!

Cockroaches & KLRs.
Old 11-01-2010, 10:37 AM   #2845
tpar1220 OP
such a pud..

oh, and ricks new dr350 seems to be workin out for him ok. he needed gas, so we stopped in leesville and topped up. we both held 0.9 gal. my trip meter was readin 72 miles, ricks was readin 77 miles.

that means my tw was gettin 80mpg, which sounds about right as i was at 3/4 throttle pretty much all day and have seen a personal best of 92.1 mpg before.

but ricks dr got 85.5 mpg!!! i know he was limp dickin it around followin me all day, but holy crap. my dr has a best of 72.1 mpg... and i was happy with that. both our dr are totally stock and are jetted the same. i know, cuz i ahd em both apart and checked. i think his figures were skewed somehow.... holy crap.

i am curious though, now that he has 500/600 miles on his 350.... whats the verdict, how does it compare to your klr and ol honda 650L?

is it a keeper.....

Cockroaches & KLRs.
Old 11-01-2010, 10:40 AM   #2846
header
Chris

Oddometer: 1,740
Hey Tim

If it makes you feel any better my XR gets around 45 on average but when hitting it really hard I can see it dip below the 30s.

KTM 530exc
525exc refresh
header is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 11:37 AM   #2847
seriousracer
be a man dodge tree bark

Oddometer: 7,433
why did the tke the bridge down?
seriousracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 11:38 AM   #2848
KneeKicker
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,628
Quote:
is it a keeper.....

It's not going anywhere.

As far as comparing DR to KLR,power to weight ratio are probably the same,but the key word there is "weight" DR350se claimed weight is 286 but it feels lighter than that. I know there alot of mods I could do to it to get some more HP but I don't need it. As long as it will haul my fat ass and a few days worth of gear I will be fine.

It's a fun,simple bike nothing fancy or modern but a very capable DS bike.

"I got so drunk last night I woke this morning and someone had shit my pants" Ron White
KneeKicker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 11:40 AM   #2849
KneeKicker
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,628
Quote:
Originally Posted by seriousracer
why did the tke the bridge down?

Dunno, I heard it fell but no signs of it.

To me it looks like it was taken down.

"I got so drunk last night I woke this morning and someone had shit my pants" Ron White
KneeKicker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 08:43 PM   #2850
Backerthebiker
Adventurer

Oddometer: 79
Quote:
Originally Posted by header
Hey Tim

If it makes you feel any better my XR gets around 45 on average but when hitting it really hard I can see it dip below the 30s.
Yeah, my R6 has gotten as much as 55 on the interstate, or as low as 11 on Deals Gap
Backerthebiker is offline   Reply With Quote