ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Central From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-06-2011, 12:36 PM   #3256
kamakaziozzy
3rd Wheel Adventurer

Oddometer: 505
I'll go if your going before the 13th. I'm heading to L.A. via Big Bend the long way in the bird. I started a RR here http://www.advrider.com/forums/showt...4#post14868444
That would give me a good ride to try out my new utility box set up. And time to fix what I brake before I go.

Now let's not forget....1/2 the adventure is getting there! ride them bikes there. I found fun gravel amish country roads between here and there. I even found some dirt roads between here and there. That's what puts the dualsport in the adventure or is it the adventure in the dualsport?
later
Kamakaziozzy
kamakaziozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 01:31 PM   #3257
oPAULo
jack of all terrain

Oddometer: 3,952
Quote:
Originally Posted by kamakaziozzy View Post
Now let's not forget....1/2 the adventure is getting there! ride them bikes there. I found fun gravel amish country roads between here and there. I even found some dirt roads between here and there. That's what puts the dualsport in the adventure or is it the adventure in the dualsport?
later
Kamakaziozzy
My full on motocross mudgrippin tires would be half gone when I got there
and all gone when I got home!! Plus I don't wanna worry about breakin it
and not getting home. I RIDE HARD STUPID!!!
oPAULo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 01:45 PM   #3258
KneeKicker
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,628
I would be game for an Interlake trip. I was down there last spring and the place was starting to get beat to shit since there "official" grand opening about 3 years ago.

"I got so drunk last night I woke this morning and someone had shit my pants" Ron White
KneeKicker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 06:02 PM   #3259
header
Chris

Oddometer: 1,740
Quote:
Originally Posted by KneeKicker View Post
I would be game for an Interlake trip. I was down there last spring and the place was starting to get beat to shit since there "official" grand opening about 3 years ago.
How beat to shit was it? Motosupreme doesn't have many rough trails that I haven't already seen. Is it a lot like Redbird?

KTM 530exc
525exc refresh
header is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 06:11 PM   #3260
KneeKicker
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by header View Post
How beat to shit was it? Motosupreme doesn't have many rough trails that I haven't already seen. Is it a lot like Redbird?

When I say beat to shit......I'm talking about the quads rutting everything out,and massive mud holes.

There is supposed to be some single track in there,but not sure how much or where at. I have only been twice and do not know the place like I do Redbird.

"I got so drunk last night I woke this morning and someone had shit my pants" Ron White
Old 01-06-2011, 07:14 PM   #3261
kamakaziozzy
3rd Wheel Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by oPAULo View Post
My full on motocross mudgrippin tires would be half gone when I got there
and all gone when I got home!! Plus I don't wanna worry about breakin it
and not getting home. I RIDE HARD STUPID!!!
That's ok. it would help even things out with my 80 street/20 dirt tires.

Moto Supreme gets a nice prep job on a fairly schedualed basis. I don't know if Interlake has seen "prep". You should go Header. You'd like it. If you ride down let me know if you wanna hook up and take the scenic route there. Travel by gravel!
Later
Kamakaziozzy
Old 01-06-2011, 10:18 PM   #3262
RedBirdStation
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 535
Quote:
Originally Posted by TooSlow4U View Post
Last Sunday was one day that we definitely should have been @ Redbird. Just the thought of LogicalChaos sliding down PowerLine hill on his belly with arms and legs flailing....all that while riding on top of an XR100 that happened to be on it's side after crashing 5 feet from the very top of the hill. I laughed so hard when I heard the story last night that I may have ripped a stitch or two loose in me belly. What a hoot!
I wondered why they didn't come back by the shop before they left.

They came by first part of the morning looking for a masterlink for the Yamai and never seen them again.
Not me! I want people to know "why" I look this way.
I've traveled a long way and some of the roads weren't paved.
RedBirdStation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 08:45 AM   #3263
TooSlow4U
2 Wheel Wonder Rider

Oddometer: 1,075
Bike Wanted

Hey crew.... I have a guy in search of a Honda XR650L for dual sporting. I tried to get him into DR's, KLR's and everything else and all he's interested in is a XR650L. I just wanted to check here with you guys first before searching elsewhere. Who knows, maybe one of you has one that you may want to part with?

Also on the hunt for a stock carburetor for a '96 Honda XR250. The carb that came on it is a Kehin PD. Anyone here got one settin' on a shelf collecting dust?? Let me know....Thanks :-)

TooSlow4U screwed with this post 01-07-2011 at 02:26 PM
TooSlow4U is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 04:58 PM   #3264
header
Chris

Oddometer: 1,740
Quote:
When I say beat to shit......I'm talking about the quads rutting everything out,and massive mud holes.

There is supposed to be some single track in there,but not sure how much or where at. I have only been twice and do not know the place like I do Redbird.
I don't like mud holes..tear up bearings and other parts too fast and there's enough rutz at motosupreme for me

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamakaziozzy View Post
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=yellow]
Moto Supreme gets a nice prep job on a fairly schedualed basis. I don't know if Interlake has seen "prep". You should go Header. You'd like it. If you ride down let me know if you wanna hook up and take the scenic route there. Travel by gravel!
Later
Kamakaziozzy
That reminds me, I was going to ask Mike this week if he has been clearing/cleaning any of the trails lately. Recently ive had a bad habbit of just blasting down the trails when I get there and finding a tree down or that berm graded off isnt great at 40mph!

Ill let you know the next time im headed out there or to Redbird. How much longer are you going to be in Indiana? Last I remember you were riding around to warmer places

I finally got my shock in and installed today. I hope to get out to motosupreme tomorrow and Sunday. Any one who wants to join me is fine by me, but im just doing a shakedown/testing ride and I don't know what time ill get out there but figured I would give everyone a heads up.

KTM 530exc
525exc refresh
header is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 07:49 PM   #3265
kamakaziozzy
3rd Wheel Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by header View Post
I don't like mud holes..tear up bearings and other parts too fast and there's enough rutz at motosupreme for me

rutz r good 4 u! tearing up parts r good 4 OUTDOORPURRFORMANCE!!!

That reminds me, I was going to ask Mike this week if he has been clearing/cleaning any of the trails lately. Recently ive had a bad habbit of just blasting down the trails when I get there and finding a tree down or that berm graded off isnt great at 40mph!

Ill let you know the next time im headed out there or to Redbird. How much longer are you going to be in Indiana? Last I remember you were riding around to warmer places

I'm gonna try to head out the 18th. Straight to Big Bend National Park TX.

I finally got my shock in and installed today. I hope to get out to motosupreme tomorrow and Sunday. Any one who wants to join me is fine by me, but im just doing a shakedown/testing ride and I don't know what time ill get out there but figured I would give everyone a heads up.
Later
Kamakaziozzy
Old 01-09-2011, 07:40 PM   #3266
alpiv
Sr. nOOb

Oddometer: 2,173
Figured I'd give the gang an update.

Been working hard with others this winter to create some great new single track trails across Indiana at Redbird and at LCRP.

Redbird : Have walked and gps'd about 4new miles of single track.

LCRP: totally revamping the park, adding miles of new single track (as of today we have walked and gps'd over 6miles and we've only walked about a quarter of the property... Granted LCRP is not Redbird yet at LCRP it's millage.....

Will keep you posted as we get more done.
alpiv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 07:37 AM   #3267
oPAULo
jack of all terrain

Might do a little outlaw adventure riding today. My house at 3:30. Plated bikes required. Mud grip tires suggested.
Old 01-10-2011, 07:57 AM   #3268
KneeKicker
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by oPAULo View Post
Might do a little outlaw adventure riding today. My house at 3:30. Plated bikes required. Mud grip tires suggested.

Real outlaws wouldn't worry about being plated.

Have fun and post pics

Old 01-10-2011, 07:57 AM   #3269
dmay
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 249
Might he possibly interested I a KTM LC4e?,I may be considering getting something more my size,640 does great offroad but it's a touch big for me.

Mine's in tremendously good shape,has billet rack,large tank,but not an overpriced awkward Adventure model.

Never hurts to ask...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TooSlow4U View Post
Hey crew.... I have a guy in search of a Honda XR650L for dual sporting. I tried to get him into DR's, KLR's and everything else and all he's interested in is a XR650L. I just wanted to check here with you guys first before searching elsewhere. Who knows, maybe one of you has one that you may want to part with?

Also on the hunt for a stock carburetor for a '96 Honda XR250. The carb that came on it is a Kehin PD. Anyone here got one settin' on a shelf collecting dust?? Let me know....Thanks :-)

2011 Sherco 250 trials,83 Fantic 240 trials,1992 Fantic 309 trials,09 Kawasaki KLX250s,1984 SWM 320TL,03 KTM 640 Adv

dmay screwed with this post 01-10-2011 at 12:21 PM
dmay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 10:30 AM   #3270
oPAULo
jack of all terrain

Quote:
Real outlaws wouldn't worry about being plated.

Have fun and post pics
Yeah well, they can run me off but I'll be damned if I risk losing my license.