ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Central From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-03-2012, 12:51 PM   #6061
Landon
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 567
Quote:
Originally Posted by indypup View Post
Thanks Kevin, it's been fun making them. Most of the time I'm following Landon (and you're right about him having no fear...lol). Partly because I have the video camera but mostly because I go too slow for him... ;)

Roger
Speaking of no fear, its time we take a shot a powerline hill when things dry out.
Landon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 01:14 PM   #6062
indypup
╭∩╮( . )╭∩╮

Oddometer: 3,273
Quote:
Originally Posted by Landon View Post
Speaking of no fear, its time we take a shot a powerline hill when things dry out.
Yep, if you make it I'll give it a try...lol
Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist hangs his head out the window! Be real, be whole, be innovative.
indypup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 03:58 PM   #6063
RedBirdStation
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 525
Quote:
Originally Posted by Landon View Post
Was out there on Tue. and it was tacky, not slick.. A friend of mine was on his RMZ250 and climbing it.

And it's going to rain all day tomorrow too.....Dam the bad luck.
Not me! I want people to know "why" I look this way.
I've traveled a long way and some of the roads weren't paved.
RedBirdStation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 04:09 PM   #6064
hilljak
Hayseed

Oddometer: 363
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodsrat View Post
It's ridden regularly by folks wanting to do a north/south "Trans-Am Trail" from Canada to Mexico.

NOW WITH SIGNS...

Proving I'm an idiot without ever speaking...
hilljak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 07:57 PM   #6065
RamblinKevin
Adventurer

Oddometer: 268
Colorado 2012

I''l prolly head to Colorado sooner in that case. Was thinking beginning of June. I may still be around the Alpine Loop area when you guys arrive. If so, I'll keep a lookout for ya. Lets do some spring riding in the mean time when the weather warms up. Where is this Redbird Crest area you guys speak of? Powerline eluded me last year, but won't be so lucky this year! Just give me a shout when you fellas plan on riding next.

So no one has heard from Donald. I hope the guy is doin alright. Last I heard his wife was not doing well.

Kenny I still need to get a hardened nut for my skidplate. Maybe we can take care of that next time I see ya.

Hopefully that will be sooner then later.

RK
RamblinKevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 05:34 AM   #6066
RamblinKevin
Adventurer

Colorado 201

Another good point. I reviewed my CO-UT trip report from 2010, and it was on June 9th that Engineer pass opened for the year. I had uncanny luck on that trip, weather and pass wise. That was a fairly heavy snow year.

This year up untill yesterday has been very light for snow in Colorado. They got tons of it now from what I hear. Have to see how much more comes along this winter before pushing any dates back.

Anyhow, my rambling style of exploration allows for pass closures. At my age the ride back down is like a whole new trail for me anyway.

I'll be camping in the various National Forests, and will document the good free sites I find along the way. Not much out there on the net about free sites for some reason.
Old 02-04-2012, 12:39 PM   #6067
Pflum
Throttle Junkie

Oddometer: 107
Just got back from Yellowstone Nat Park. My son will be there working in Maintance for the park. What a great area for riding. I plan on getting back out there when the weather is nicer and hope to get the bike there as well. Will be taking the family camping so I am trying to figure a way to include the bike.

Rambling Kevin this is JHP logged in with my son's login. Guess you got your bike issues sorted. I had to rebuild my motor late last summer. All is good now. Donald was on KLR.Net recently ans said he still commutes to work when he can. Your trip sounds great and yes Colorado was/is my fav.
1998 Gas Gas ec250
2004 Yamaha FZ6
Pflum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 02:06 PM   #6068
Indiana Bones
Ride or Die

Oddometer: 1,087
Interesting thing happened last night. I got a call at about midnight from my buddy down at the local bar and he said there was a band that was on tour that had an exhaust leak and need repair asap. I was up so I had them swing by. Would have been to much of a hassle to cut the exhaust clamps, clean the pipe joints, and weld, so I just used some foil tape to get them going till they could get a proper repair. Cool people and I let them crash in my driveway overnight. They were from Pittsburg and heading to California. Did I mention it was a 78 Winnebago! The drummer's name was Emily and a real cool chick. I fixed them all coffee and breakfast, threw in a new air filter, cleaned the carb up a bit, and sent them on their way. Interesting weekend so far.

This thing is straight out of Spaceballs.

Indiana Bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 03:19 PM   #6069
RedBirdStation
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 525
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indiana Bones View Post
Interesting thing happened last night. I got a call at about midnight from my buddy down at the local bar and he said there was a band that was on tour that had an exhaust leak and need repair asap. I was up so I had them swing by. Would have been to much of a hassle to cut the exhaust clamps, clean the pipe joints, and weld, so I just used some foil tape to get them going till they could get a proper repair. Cool people and I let them crash in my driveway overnight. They were from Pittsburg and heading to California. Did I mention it was a 78 Winnebago! The drummer's name was Emily and a real cool chick. I fixed them all coffee and breakfast, threw in a new air filter, cleaned the carb up a bit, and sent them on their way. Interesting weekend so far.

This thing is straight out of Spaceballs.

That's awsome dude. I remember them days running around in an old 78 van hitting the Best Westerns.

Spent most of my afternoon playing around at RedBird. Muddier beyond belief. Was so glad that I had 4wheel drive.

Ended up with 3 quads (one 2wd and went everywhere we did) and 7 Rzr's. Those thing are the cat's meow. I will have one some day.

Powerline was a big no go with a huge washout in it now.
Not me! I want people to know "why" I look this way.
I've traveled a long way and some of the roads weren't paved.
RedBirdStation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 06:12 PM   #6070
Indiana Bones
Ride or Die

Oddometer: 1,087
Sounds like you had a blast! We gotta ride soon buddy!
Indiana Bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 09:00 PM   #6071
RamblinKevin
Adventurer

Jhp

Hey JHP. Yeah, that wierd issue last fall where my bike was squirting some unknown fluid from near the oil sight glass? No Bones it wasn't "Blinker Fluid", although you do win the prize for funniest guess with that one.

No my dear friends, I had cracked the sight glass itself somewhere on the Hatfield Mccoy Trail, and noticed it on the ride back to Indy. Kenny and I rode to town and got a new one, (pops right out) installed it and went over the bike with a fine tooth comb. It is sitting on ready right now. New: tires, tubes, chain, sprockets, headlights, blinker fluid, (kidding), oil change, air filter. You name it it's either new or doesn't need changing.

Some great riding around Yellowstone. Bear Tooth and Chief Joseph come to mind immediatly.
Some great dirt through the Tetons as well from what I understand.

Glad the motor rebuild is working out for ya. Let's ride again soon!
Old 02-05-2012, 04:18 AM   #6072
Dadster
I'd rather be ridin

Oddometer: 211
I think I'll get some funny looks bringing a 13 years old bike to be competitive with at races. I think she's perdy. If I beat people on new bike that will make it that much more sweet. I kinda feel bad for what I'm gonna put her through this year but not really.

P.S. Lufin ..... I got the rear break issues taken care off on the XRL. I used a C clamp and forced the piston in and out several times. Good as new. Now Im having charge issue with the new battery. I put it in and it started great a couple times. The next morning brand new battery dead. I ran out of time but when I get home Im just gonna charge it and ride for awhile. Sounds like as good of a plan as any to me. I hope it was just a low charge new from the store and not a voltage pull killing it. I'll post up when I figure it out. Today I will be meeting some characters at Motosupreme around noon if anyone else will be there look for the above pictured bike and say hey to me. I don't even bite (anymore).
07 Hawkeye 300 4x4 Margarita Momma's
Dadster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 04:40 PM   #6073
lufin
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 252
OK, witch one of you guys tried to hang dadster?? He has a mark half way round his neck. He said it was a green brier he hit . Who did it???

2009 R1200GS
1987 GL1200 Aspencade
lufin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 04:58 PM   #6074
alpiv
Sr. nOOb

Oddometer: 2,173
DIRT Spring ADV Ride

Needing your votes on which route to offer for the 2012 DIRT Adv Ride for the weekend of April 21 -22.
Both have an overnight in Scottsburg, In

Route 1 Goes from the West side of the state to Terre Haute 522 miles in two days.

Route 2 Goes from the West side of the state to Cloverdale 423 miles in two days.

Please vote..
(NOTE) You are more then welcome to join in at any point in the route.
I'm putting things together and will be publishing the event in the next month..
The decided route will be available for download the Monday before the event.

Thank you for your input.
alpiv is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 05:31 PM   #6075
Dadster
I'd rather be ridin

Oddometer: 211
Quote:
Originally Posted by lufin View Post
OK, witch one of you guys tried to hang dadster?? He has a mark half way round his neck. He said it was a green brier he hit . Who did it???

The picture doesn't do it justice.
I got the XRL up and runnin Lufin. Took the battery back and got another one. 15 bucks cheaper at Orielly. Now when you pull in to work there will be one other bike.
07 Hawkeye 300 4x4 Margarita Momma's
Dadster is offline   Reply With Quote