ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Central From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-03-2012, 05:40 AM   #9061
306dad
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 114
that guy with the gun needs to be careful--you point at the wrong dude and get shot---not cool at all
Old 12-03-2012, 05:48 AM   #9062
Kevinj110
पवित्र गाय

Oddometer: 542
That bathroom looks awesome. I am getting ready to do the same here at the end of the month but have to tear down a full tile shower that is built in the middle of the bathroom.
Kevinj110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 06:13 AM   #9063
AC909
Great Job!

Oddometer: 911
Malhon- Glad to hear things are on the up and up. That must have been one MEAN Swingline that they put to work on your leg. Nice looking remodel, its amazing what a new piant job and some fixtures can do.
Old 12-03-2012, 06:25 AM   #9064
gplane
Brush With Destiny

Oddometer: 777
Quote:
Originally Posted by Btown Jason View Post
I agree. If we ever get one of these yahoos on camera, we should show each other and then the authorities. In that order. And then all avoid that roadway.
Brandishing a firearm is a big no-no.
gplane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 06:39 AM   #9065
zamboni9
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 712
Headed to Carmel Ridge rd to check it out today. Thanks for the tip woodsrat. Keep the road tips coming!
Suzuki DR-Z400SM, Ural T
-Tyler
zamboni9 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 09:43 AM   #9066
Davidc83
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 454
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickgindy View Post
I'm glad I haven't encountered this yet. I'm the kind of person that will test the guy. In the state of Indiana you can NOT protect property only life.

And anyone that mentions guns kill people I am coming to take your spoons away. Spoons cause obesity.
I think you are wrong on that; Indiana passed a law a couple/3 years ago stating we can protect our property, but I dont know if this covers other humans. Maybe the folks are tired of people casing out their places. I had to put a chain across my driveway due to people pulling up into my driveway at night and just sitting there, checking things out until I turned on my lights, then they would take off like a bat out of hades; or maybe they are tired of the damage off road bikes are doing to their property by careless/unthinking riders-the home owners cant tell the difference between courteous and dickhead riders.

Davidc83 screwed with this post 12-03-2012 at 09:51 AM
Davidc83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 01:42 PM   #9067
mbabc
Curmudgeon trainee

Oddometer: 1,690
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodsrat View Post
...and I'm sucking dust cleaning out the barn. What's wrong with this picture???

Hope somebody's out riding.
Well, I was yesterday. Almost as nice as today. Now I'm at work, goofing off on-line.

Little Blue goes looking for Orange
mbabc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 01:56 PM   #9068
zamboni9
Studly Adventurer

I was out riding today! Started in martinsville, took mahallasville rd to Carmel ridge rd. Great road, woodsrat! Looped to Lick Creek Rd and back down Carmel Ridge a second time. Cruised down south shore of Lake Lemon the over to Old 37 back to martinsville then home to Indy.

No deer sightings either.
Suzuki DR-Z400SM, Ural T
-Tyler
Old 12-03-2012, 01:56 PM   #9069
zamboni9
Studly Adventurer

Suzuki DR-Z400SM, Ural T
-Tyler
Old 12-03-2012, 02:19 PM   #9070
TooSlow4U
2 Wheel Wonder Rider

Oddometer: 1,005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davidc83 View Post
I think you are wrong on that; Indiana passed a law a couple/3 years ago stating we can protect our property, but I dont know if this covers other humans. Maybe the folks are tired of people casing out their places. I had to put a chain across my driveway due to people pulling up into my driveway at night and just sitting there, checking things out until I turned on my lights, then they would take off like a bat out of hades; or maybe they are tired of the damage off road bikes are doing to their property by careless/unthinking riders-the home owners cant tell the difference between courteous and dickhead riders.
I partially agree with that. Yes, Indiana did pass that law, but you better make for damn sure that the person(s) are actually committing a felony against you (and no, "possible" trespassing does not qualify as a felony act) If such was the case and someone were driving up the highway and they thought someone else driving alongside of them was getting too many inches too close to their vehicle (which is also their property), then it should be perfectly fine for them to protect their "property" and drop something along the lines of a Tec9 out the window and start spraying, right? Nope, I don't believe so... On the other hand if someone is holding a gun with the muzzle aimed either at the ground or the sky and wants to give me a legitimate ass chewing, then so be it...BUT the instant the muzzle gets raised and pointed directly at another human being ALL the rules change and it's now assault with intent to kill.

The road we were on is even listed on the latest published version of the State of Indiana Hoosier Forest map as a "Road not maintained for passenger cars"...Hence the reason we wandered down that road. It has a starting point, an actual road name & an ending point that connects to another road....with NO Dead End sign on the end that we came in on. We had no clue what we were going to run into or we wouldn't have gone that way. Heck, we were just out trying to enjoy the day doing some exploring of beautiful southern Indiana back roads, not out creating hatred & discontent. We weren't tearing anything up and when I said we were moving at a snail's pace, I wasn't far off. We were rolling on the actual gravel road & idling along in 2nd or 3rd gear...@ maybe 20MPH. Nobody was spinning a wheel and nobody got off into anyone's lawn or anything like that. In your case a chain across your driveway is a good idea. I don't see a thing wrong with that other than it's a pain to have to deal with every time you wanna travel in/out of your own driveway. (been there, lived that) I certainly hope that it stopped the possible would be thieves from whatever stupid acts they were planning on doing. In this particular case, some sorta sign up stating that states "County road ends HERE" and a chain up would have been nice but there was no such thing as that there.

Honda XR "Complete" S/M Wheels For Sale ---> http://www.advrider.com/forums/showt...9#post20028089

TooSlow4U is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 02:50 PM   #9071
flatwoods
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 136
great day for december

flatwoods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 03:28 PM   #9072
nickgindy
Doing it Wrong

Oddometer: 2,222
Quote:
Originally Posted by TooSlow4U View Post
I partially agree with that. Yes, Indiana did pass that law, but you better make for damn sure that the person(s) are actually committing a felony against you (and no, "possible" trespassing does not qualify as a felony act) If such was the case and someone were driving up the highway and they thought someone else driving alongside of them was getting too many inches too close to their vehicle (which is also their property), then it should be perfectly fine for them to protect their "property" and drop something along the lines of a Tec9 out the window and start spraying, right? Nope, I don't believe so... On the other hand if someone is holding a gun with the muzzle aimed either at the ground or the sky and wants to give me a legitimate ass chewing, then so be it...BUT the instant the muzzle gets raised and pointed directly at another human being ALL the rules change and it's now assault with intent to kill.

The road we were on is even listed on the latest published version of the State of Indiana Hoosier Forest map as a "Road not maintained for passenger cars"...Hence the reason we wandered down that road. It has a starting point, an actual road name & an ending point that connects to another road....with NO Dead End sign on the end that we came in on. We had no clue what we were going to run into or we wouldn't have gone that way. Heck, we were just out trying to eunjoy the day doing some exploring of beautiful southern Indiana back roads, not out creating hatred & discontent. We weren't tearing anything up and when I said we were moving at a snail's pace, I wasn't far off. We were rolling on the actual gravel road & idling along in 2nd or 3rd gear...@ maybe 20MPH. Nobody was spinning a wheel and nobody got off into anyone's lawn or anything like that. In your case a chain across your driveway is a good idea. I don't see a thing wrong with that other than it's a pain to have to deal with every time you wanna travel in/out of your own driveway. (been there, lived that) I certainly hope that it stopped the possible would be thieves from whatever stupid acts they were planning on doing. In this particular case, some sorta sign up stating that states "County road ends HERE" and a chain up would have been nice but there was no such thing as that there.
Tpar and i have been voxing about what happened. im going to write some good information stuff when i get off work. Itll be good for those who decide to chandgun legally and those who are not handgun owners.

2003 Sv650s; 2012 BMW F650GS; 1999 Suzuki Dr 350se; 2009 GSXR 600
http://www.youtube.com/fetuss10
nickgindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 03:35 PM   #9073
johnson357
Bad Monkey Racing

Oddometer: 1,092
Is it going to involve you saying you know Bob Costas and he should just get rid of his guns anyway because they are evil

Also have refer to video material like Deliverance

Oh yeah handgun vs. rifle not a good option either........maybe I need to switch to my underfolder in my backpack.
johnson357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 03:56 PM   #9074
nickgindy
Doing it Wrong

Oddometer: 2,222
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnson357 View Post
Is it going to involve you saying you know Bob Costas and he should just get rid of his guns anyway because they are evil

Also have refer to video material like Deliverance

Oh yeah handgun vs. rifle not a good option either........maybe I need to switch to my underfolder in my backpack.
And if you do shoot just say "I dont pike to make money. I just love to sell guns."

2003 Sv650s; 2012 BMW F650GS; 1999 Suzuki Dr 350se; 2009 GSXR 600
http://www.youtube.com/fetuss10
nickgindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 05:53 PM   #9075
Bob in Indy
Bob-O

Oddometer: 18
Covered Bridge Country

70 degrees in Dec., how can I possibly be expected to handle work on a day like today... so I didn't. Went riding in Parke County today exploring back roads and looking for covered bridges. Came across 9 different ones... a few had places where you could ford the stream/river or just generally get down into the river bed... pretty cool. There are some really good dirt roads with lots of elevation changes and twisties out there. Some of the dirt roads even get a little sandy/soft, very fun.