ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Central From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-30-2012, 07:08 PM   #9481
nickgindy
Doing it Wrong

Oddometer: 2,440

In memory of IMPD Officer Perry Renn. E.O.W July 5, 2014. "I will always get out of my car."
2003 Sv650s; 2012 BMW F650GS; 1999 Suzuki Dr 350se
http://www.youtube.com/fetuss10
nickgindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 08:57 PM   #9482
nickgindy
Doing it Wrong

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodsrat View Post
...the Scorpa 4Tricks uses an aluminum frame, too and is pretty much identical to the BSE and likely made in the same Chinese factory. Dirt Bike magazine tested one a few years back and didn't quite know what to make of it. The price back then was around three grand (!!!).

http://www.scorpausa.com/?trigger=bikes&bikeid=4Tricks

Note that the Scorpa has pedals for footpegs--"honest, officer, it's a bicycle!"

I found a web site with ads for the BSE and the prices for 'em were $1600-1700. That's pretty cheap entertainment. If they really are quiet imagine strafing the mountain bike trails down in the forest with it. Whoo-hoo!!!

If you bought a mountain bike tag what would they bust you for? Illegally using a motor vehicle on a trail? Probably. But you'd have a million bucks worth of fun in the process and since they look like a bicycle I'd venture to bet no one would notice until you went buzzing by.

Somebody figure out the best price and let's do a group buy. I'll gamble on it...

EDIT: The most recent information/ads I can find on-line date to 2010. Could there be a reason for this? Maybe they break in two pretty quickly?

The Youtube vids I did find of a trials rider playing on one made them look like a lot of fun.
ic 9-13-2-105
would define that as a motor vehicle as its self propelled

In memory of IMPD Officer Perry Renn. E.O.W July 5, 2014. "I will always get out of my car."
Old 12-30-2012, 09:45 PM   #9483
TooSlow4U
2 Wheel Wonder Rider

Oddometer: 1,075
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickgindy View Post
Looks like fun! Ya gotta love big bore thumpers chuggin' through the snow

TooSlow4U is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 04:07 AM   #9484
johnson357
Bad Monkey Racing

Oddometer: 1,200
Quote:
Originally Posted by TooSlow4U View Post
Looks like fun! Ya gotta love big bore thumpers chuggin' through the snow
I need to break down and get some studs for my tires. That is a pig to wrestle around but not wanting to hurt the 4fiddy since I have a deposit on it.
johnson357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 10:41 AM   #9485
Dirtbauer
KB

Oddometer: 176
Motorcyclist in Indy with Blizzard Conditions

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tDkLmU0U6D8&feature=youtu.be

www.dirtbauer.com
http://www.youtube.com/user/dirtbauer1?feature=mhee
Dirtbauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 12:12 PM   #9486
johnson357
Bad Monkey Racing

Quote:
Spank Monkey!!!!!! I guess what else would you do to a Bad Monkey
Old 12-31-2012, 12:41 PM   #9487
mbabc
Curmudgeon trainee

Oddometer: 1,839
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtbauer View Post
Thanks for posting that. Love it!!

A happy, healthy new year for everyone!
I don't know what time it is, I've switched to kilometers
mbabc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 01:29 PM   #9488
TooSlow4U
2 Wheel Wonder Rider

I managed to sneak out for a bit again yesterday for a ride to the shop and back. Of course, I got detoured by a trail or two along the way

Old 12-31-2012, 01:31 PM   #9489
nickgindy
Doing it Wrong

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodsrat View Post
...the Scorpa 4Tricks uses an aluminum frame, too and is pretty much identical to the BSE and likely made in the same Chinese factory. Dirt Bike magazine tested one a few years back and didn't quite know what to make of it. The price back then was around three grand (!!!).

http://www.scorpausa.com/?trigger=bikes&bikeid=4Tricks

Note that the Scorpa has pedals for footpegs--"honest, officer, it's a bicycle!"

I found a web site with ads for the BSE and the prices for 'em were $1600-1700. That's pretty cheap entertainment. If they really are quiet imagine strafing the mountain bike trails down in the forest with it. Whoo-hoo!!!

If you bought a mountain bike tag what would they bust you for? Illegally using a motor vehicle on a trail? Probably. But you'd have a million bucks worth of fun in the process and since they look like a bicycle I'd venture to bet no one would notice until you went buzzing by.

Somebody figure out the best price and let's do a group buy. I'll gamble on it...

EDIT: The most recent information/ads I can find on-line date to 2010. Could there be a reason for this? Maybe they break in two pretty quickly?

The Youtube vids I did find of a trials rider playing on one made them look like a lot of fun.
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnson357 View Post
Spank Monkey!!!!!! I guess what else would you do to a Bad Monkey
whoops did i get it wrong?

Old 12-31-2012, 03:14 PM   #9490
TooSlow4U
2 Wheel Wonder Rider

Quote:
ic 9-13-2-105
would define that as a motor vehicle as its self propelled
Don't be killin' Tim's buzz... It's New Years Eve yanno!

Old 12-31-2012, 03:53 PM   #9491
johnson357
Bad Monkey Racing

Quote:
Originally Posted by TooSlow4U View Post
Don't be killin' Tim's buzz... It's New Years Eve yanno!
Here this will help Tim.....little bikes blah blah...rant your all slow I'm too fast for anyone to follow.......blah blah blah rant rant rant rant rant...............................etc.....rant blah.....you're all lazy if you don't lay out a ride for New Years day its easy etc etc etc......you should do it on a 250cc bike or smaller with one of those old ship compass type things or you are weak and should be allowed on my ADV site...rant rant rant....hey lets all buy this bike together that I won't ride with any of you because I'm too fast and dangerous for anyone to follow....add in another two hundred words or so................................................ ..................................blah blah blah.....rant....little bikes.....lazy......when I went to school it was up hill both ways and we had to walk through waste deep snow.....rant blah...Hoosier Natl. Forest.......buy a map......
Sorry I know this is short for one of Tim's post but I got bored with this much it was all the farther I could carry the joke out.
Happy New Year
Old 12-31-2012, 04:06 PM   #9492
oPAULo
jack of all terrain

Oddometer: 3,952
OH SNAP!!!

oPAULo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 04:35 PM   #9493
nickgindy
Doing it Wrong

Quote:
Here this will help Tim.....little bikes blah blah...rant your all slow I'm too fast for anyone to follow.......blah blah blah rant rant rant rant rant...............................etc.....rant blah.....you're all lazy if you don't lay out a ride for New Years day its easy etc etc etc......you should do it on a 250cc bike or smaller with one of those old ship compass type things or you are weak and should be allowed on my ADV site...rant rant rant....hey lets all buy this bike together that I won't ride with any of you because I'm too fast and dangerous for anyone to follow....add in another two hundred words or so................................................ ..................................blah blah blah.....rant....little bikes.....lazy......when I went to school it was up hill both ways and we had to walk through waste deep snow.....rant blah...Hoosier Natl. Forest.......buy a map......
Sorry I know this is short for one of Tim's post but I got bored with this much it was all the farther I could carry the joke out.
Happy New Year
Well i actually did have to walj uphill to and from school back on the second grade when I lives in Pekin,Illinois. the ct70s were not available to us then as we were.poor and the dealerships werent anywhere close. There was a proving ground forest near by we could have rode i if we did have ond but we have to surfice to bmx bikes then. i guess thats when i got into bmx. There was even a.little small town bmx track other neighborhood kids built that i would participate in. we were not allowd dto follow the 2nd amendement then cause we were only 5-10yrs of agr and obama wasnt even i. the picture with his government handouta. my first bmw bike wS murry but i snapped it in half and got.a huffy that i ended up bending the cheap chinese rims on. i ended up combing the two bikes and had a decent machine until i moved to indianpolis jn the 3rd grade and was introduced to dyno vfrs and.finally got a neon peon yellow one for christmas one year. was on the heavier side of the market but most bikes were then as alhminum bikes were expensive and not to affordable in those days. i rode it for years before graduation to a fatboy specialized. was also a bit.on the heavier side as it was built by a mountain bike company but was a hell of a bmw bike. j won quite a few races on it at the veledrome when it was an aba track but then santioned to nbl. we had a woods behind our house. i then started getting motorcycles for the woods my first being a z50. i was riding thr crap out of that thing. kept bendjng fork and having to bend them back. the owner of the woods lived out of state and didnt car if people rode j them but then he sold it to a family that turned jt into a park called the williams brother park and sold it to brownsburg. they actually came over one day and threatened to sue us for the ruts in there field until my 13yr old self proved to them my honda z50 couldnt attempt to make the ruts in the field that were obviously from big bikes. we tried tk.organize something to where we could keep riding i the woods but it was money against everyone else and they started pushing tresspasses. sothe williams brothers police were all over the place with there tenchonoly and im sure they had secret spied hiding in ligs out in the woods tonprevent us from riding. i guess the.point of this story is to not have a joint and continue to jihnson's assholeness and it takes up time from me being able to make routes for everyone which i e learned if i did thT and people followdd me.on it they will crash. ive had that happen 2 times when ive been out riding. i feel maybe they couldnt keep up but then theres always possibility they were in a "zone" and not watching and assessing as they rode as they should be. i guess ghats easy to when your taking in the scenery. there is all kinda of grammatical errors on this post but im doing it from my cell phone because the man is holding me down and working. somekne has to take care of all the obama employees. speaking of them one went into a tire place robbed it and then fired 2 rounds into the garage to intimidate but i his a mechanic. i felt bad for the guy. he then robbed one of the customers of his wallet. the owner said that he usually carries his gun but jusg didnt today. another reason why i always carry although its not for everyone.

Old 12-31-2012, 04:36 PM   #9494
nickgindy
Doing it Wrong

Oh HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Old 12-31-2012, 04:39 PM   #9495
hilljak
Hayseed

Oddometer: 381
Quote:
Happy New Year

Proving I'm an idiot without ever speaking...
hilljak is offline   Reply With Quote