ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Central From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-07-2013, 05:02 PM   #9616
oPAULo
jack of all terrain

Oddometer: 3,779
New years resolution: Find a new job with more pay, better/cheaper benifits, more time off and less stress.

I start a week from today.
SOOOOO freakin excited!!
oPAULo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 05:12 PM   #9617
nickgindy
Doing it Wrong

Oddometer: 2,230
Quote:
Originally Posted by oPAULo View Post
New years resolution: Find a new job with more pay, better/cheaper benifits, more time off and less stress.

SOOOOO freakin excited!!
Congrats. Where at and doing what?

2003 Sv650s; 2012 BMW F650GS; 1999 Suzuki Dr 350se; 2009 GSXR 600
http://www.youtube.com/fetuss10
nickgindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 05:20 PM   #9618
gplane
Brush With Destiny

Oddometer: 786
Quote:
Originally Posted by oPAULo View Post

SOOOOO freakin excited!!
Great!
It's sure better when work is running smooth or going in a good direction.
I hope that it proves to be a good move.
gplane is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 05:27 PM   #9619
oPAULo
jack of all terrain

Oddometer: 3,779
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickgindy View Post
Congrats. Where at and doing what?
Same thing. CNC machinist. Got half my life invested in the trade. Too late to quit now. Plus I really do enjoy it. Out by Crane.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gplane View Post
Great!
It's sure better when work is running smooth or going in a good direction.
I hope that it proves to be a good move.
I hope so too John. I'm nervous but it looks like the right move.
oPAULo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 05:41 PM   #9620
AC909
Great Job!

Oddometer: 924
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnson357 View Post
I went down and around some of them today south of Columbus over toward Nashville. One was really bad and other not bad so kinda a crap shoot....if they get decent sun then pretty good.
Yeah, I went for about four or five hours today. I only had to completely turn around once and that was pretty far back into Yellowood. It was pure ice and it took me about five minutes to just get turned around without spilling. Did a couple of creek crossings and thankfully got my feet in the air before they got wet and iced over. Kent rd was fine. McGowan rd was about 10 to 20 mph going from gravel patch to gravel patch through the ice and I turned around once I got to the bird sanctuary as Friendship Cemetery rd was an absolute no go. Jackson Creek rd was a good time and from there I went to Yellowood and into Nashville for lunch at the Hob Knob. I just cant miss a chance to have Onion Soup and their open faced Veggie sandwich. Bring on the 40's the next few days!
Glad to hear about your new job Paul! Good way to start the new year.
Old 01-07-2013, 07:03 PM   #9621
Btown Jason
Substitute

Oddometer: 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by AC909 View Post
I'll just go ahead and give you a hint. The gear I wear was started as a snowmobile gear company, and still is number one in that field, and it starts with a K...

Expense arguments to follow.

but especially the last one
I'd love to know which K_ _ M glove you recommend. I have been looking at them because I can't find gloves that give me the right combination of warmth and "feel." The rest of my gear is working fine, but my current glove situation is not good for extended runs when the temps get down around 35 or lower.
Old 01-07-2013, 07:41 PM   #9622
indypup
╭∩╮( . )╭∩╮

Oddometer: 3,084
Off-Road Riding Saturday?

Supposed to be 60 degrees Saturday! Woohoo! Anyone riding off-road anywhere?
Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist hangs his head out the window! Be real, be whole, be innovative.
indypup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 08:05 PM   #9623
LATJ
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 515
Quote:
Originally Posted by KneeKicker View Post
It will be fine.....I need to grind a little more off the axle and it should go in without a hammer.

I only have one bolt holding the caliper on but it is in there really tight
Sending pm

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Save 5 bucks when signing up for SmugMug. Enter coupon code: hgeNbdcSOWAXM
LATJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 09:15 PM   #9624
ScottBc1
n00b

Oddometer: 6
Itching

Whats up A.D.V. people? I Have not been on here since early fall I think. I have been super busy with work and this circus I call my Locos Familia, and I was taking night classes at ivy tech this fall too. I may not have had time to keep up on here but you better believe I was commuting from home to work to school back to home rain or shine all the way till the second week of December. Did not get to ride as much dirt trails in between as I would have liked, but saving all that petro was nice got by on 7-10 bucks a of premium for around 150 miles of work. school, home hot laps each week. After the temps dropped to freezing a few weeks ago Ol Girl Holly My 2003 Drz 400e did not want to start so well in the the mornings, unheated shed. So I went ahead and pulled her battery, lubed up her metal parts and gave her a lil stabill to get her through the spring. All in all 2012 was a good year. It was my first year riding and I had tons of fun going on rides, meeting some of you crazy screw balls, and I learned allot. Here is a lil recap of what I learned about 2 wheeled adventure this year. Change oil often. Rotella is cheap. Bike runs like crap on anything but premium.There is no reserve reserve in my fuel tank. Do not leave lights on push starting sucks. Going down to Dugger to see Kenny is always a good Idea. There are good burgers in a place called moonshine. Letting off the throttle in deep water results in a grueling push to dry ground. It takes the T.H.P.D. 8 times to pull me over to finally get used to seeing the dzzzr in my hood. Wheelies are very fun. It really is easier to ride fast at a high r.p.m. in sand. The Wabash river bottoms are very scary. D606's rule. There is lots of neat ass shit in your my town that I never saw from the paved roads. And most of all Do not follow Indiana Bones into anything that looks more sketchy than a normal ride with Indiana Bones. I am looking forward to an awesome 2013 riding season see you all soon I hope.
ScottBc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 07:00 AM   #9625
AC909
Great Job!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Btown Jason View Post
I'd love to know which K_ _ M glove you recommend. I have been looking at them because I can't find gloves that give me the right combination of warmth and "feel." The rest of my gear is working fine, but my current glove situation is not good for extended runs when the temps get down around 35 or lower.
I wear the Powerxross with a glove liner underneath. We have also had really good reviews from the Togwotee which is even more insulated and has a removable liner built in. Even the Goldwing riders buy those so you know they must be good.
Old 01-08-2013, 09:10 AM   #9626
Btown Jason
Substitute

Oddometer: 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by AC909 View Post
I wear the Powerxross with a glove liner underneath. We have also had really good reviews from the Togwotee which is even more insulated and has a removable liner built in. Even the Goldwing riders buy those so you know they must be good.
Got either of those at the shop in a medium? I'm keen to try them on.
Old 01-08-2013, 10:14 AM   #9627
AC909
Great Job!

yep, both.
Old 01-08-2013, 11:00 AM   #9628
nickgindy
Doing it Wrong

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottBc1 View Post
Whats up A.D.V. people? I Have not been on here since early fall I think. I have been super busy with work and this circus I call my Locos Familia, and I was taking night classes at ivy tech this fall too. I may not have had time to keep up on here but you better believe I was commuting from home to work to school back to home rain or shine all the way till the second week of December. Did not get to ride as much dirt trails in between as I would have liked, but saving all that petro was nice got by on 7-10 bucks a of premium for around 150 miles of work. school, home hot laps each week. After the temps dropped to freezing a few weeks ago Ol Girl Holly My 2003 Drz 400e did not want to start so well in the the mornings, unheated shed. So I went ahead and pulled her battery, lubed up her metal parts and gave her a lil stabill to get her through the spring. All in all 2012 was a good year. It was my first year riding and I had tons of fun going on rides, meeting some of you crazy screw balls, and I learned allot. Here is a lil recap of what I learned about 2 wheeled adventure this year. Change oil often. Rotella is cheap. Bike runs like crap on anything but premium.There is no reserve reserve in my fuel tank. Do not leave lights on push starting sucks. Going down to Dugger to see Kenny is always a good Idea. There are good burgers in a place called moonshine. Letting off the throttle in deep water results in a grueling push to dry ground. It takes the T.H.P.D. 8 times to pull me over to finally get used to seeing the dzzzr in my hood. Wheelies are very fun. It really is easier to ride fast at a high r.p.m. in sand. The Wabash river bottoms are very scary. D606's rule. There is lots of neat ass shit in your my town that I never saw from the paved roads. And most of all Do not follow Indiana Bones into anything that looks more sketchy than a normal ride with Indiana Bones. I am looking forward to an awesome 2013 riding season see you all soon I hope.
2013 should be a year of posting more and riding with the rest of us more.

Old 01-08-2013, 05:16 PM   #9629
BK
Electron herder

Oddometer: 408
Do we know this man?

The 'net is a small world...
Old 01-08-2013, 05:32 PM   #9630
nickgindy
Doing it Wrong

I saw that grizly bear at the hnf ride! He was stealing our pic a nic a baskets and beer.