ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Central From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-14-2013, 04:56 PM   #9751
dav_dman
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 741
Quote:
Originally Posted by KneeKicker View Post
Sharkbites are pricey,but easy,and quick. Unless you have good ol fashion pipe copper sweating skills(like my pop).
I stopped sweating pipes as soon as I found out about sharkbites. They rotate on the pipe without leaking so its a big timesaver when tightning everything up after you fit it up, also. I stopped using copper and pvc as soon as I found out about Pex and how it stretches instead of bursting when water freezes inside it.

Yes you can do it yourself. Using a plumber is so that 1) you can go riding or snowmobiling instead, or 2) so you have the right falls and venting (waste lines). My uncle was a plumber and I learned the trade and then pipefitting and then electrical and then to heck with it went to engineering school. Now i'm a sissy-hands manager :)

i work out in the gym jus so i can have a few manly calluses again.

i do all my own plumbing because I usually get a blow job when its done and she's happy.
Old 01-14-2013, 05:10 PM   #9752
BK
Electron herder

Oddometer: 419
Quote:
Originally Posted by dav_dman View Post

i do all my own plumbing because I usually get a blow job when its done and she's happy.
Calluses: I'm an engineer that rides a desk for living and I never felt so much like a girl as when I shook the hand of the guy that installed my vinyl floor.

Plumbing: I have done all my own up to now (including sweating copper), but I am over it. I called a "professional" to have it done right without having to put my tired, delicate, old ass in the crawl space and he wants to use a hack method.

Of course, I knew nothing of this BJ thing. So if I pay a plumber, does the Mrs. blow him or me?
Old 01-14-2013, 05:15 PM   #9753
dfye55
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 229
lunch n little bikes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodsrat View Post
First, I'd not heard any talk of lunch yesterday. Did anyone show up? Always assume it's a go.

Anyway how about we do lunch at the Highway 58 Cafe next Sunday??

Second, with all these little bikes being assembled/restored/brought back to life I make the motion that we select a date in the not-too-distant future and plan to gather on the little buggers. Maybe sometime in the early spring? I figure if we all had a target date of when we'd have to have 'em up and running it might light a far under our arses to get 'em up and running. Would March 31 (the day before April Fool's Day--seems fitting) be pushing it too much??? Or do you think you'll need more time?

As far as a location pick somewhere with lots of steep hills out in the middle of nowhere to make getting there and back on the wee bikes a challenge.
I went to Brownies, didn't see anyone else there. Had an awsome chocolate pie...

Sure, 58 Cafe is always good.

Yea, Mar 31 is great... will keep me motivated. Pulled the battery, guess 3.3 volts out of 6 ain't good.

Thx
Old 01-14-2013, 05:24 PM   #9754
dfye55
Gnarly Adventurer

plumbing

Quote:
Originally Posted by dav_dman View Post
I stopped sweating pipes as soon as I found out about sharkbites. They rotate on the pipe without leaking so its a big timesaver when tightning everything up after you fit it up, also. I stopped using copper and pvc as soon as I found out about Pex and how it stretches instead of bursting when water freezes inside it.

Yes you can do it yourself. Using a plumber is so that 1) you can go riding or snowmobiling instead, or 2) so you have the right falls and venting (waste lines). My uncle was a plumber and I learned the trade and then pipefitting and then electrical and then to heck with it went to engineering school. Now i'm a sissy-hands manager :)

As a landlord, it's just too much trouble to meet a plumber, easier to just do the job and move on. If my wife still pays the annual fee I'm a licensed plumber. I also only use pex now although I did have one 3/8" line fail from freeze. I have not had any problems with sharkbites.
Old 01-14-2013, 05:50 PM   #9755
AC909
Great Job!

Oddometer: 949
Shameless SPAM bump to any Hoosier VStromers that may need some luggage racks http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=851760
Old 01-14-2013, 06:06 PM   #9756
BK
Electron herder

I wish it was that easy. :)

The guy I talked to sounded sane. He didn't say one thing about abusing puppies, not liking chocolate or teasing children, but I think he's a hack.
Old 01-14-2013, 06:34 PM   #9757
tpar1220 OP
such a pud..

Oddometer: 2,441
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChevalDeFer View Post

Of course, I knew nothing of this BJ thing. So if I pay a plumber, does the Mrs. blow him or me?
Naa man, you got it all wrong.... Yoy gotta blow him!

Man card officially revoked!!

There will only be two things left moving after WW3.
Cockroaches & KLRs.
tpar1220 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 06:41 PM   #9758
BK
Electron herder

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpar1220 View Post
Naa man, you got it all wrong.... Yoy gotta blow him!

Man card officially revoked!!
I was afraid of that.
Old 01-14-2013, 09:10 PM   #9759
TooSlow4U
2 Wheel Wonder Rider

Oddometer: 1,010
Holy crap, I sure am glad that I scrolled back to the previous page to get caught up concerning the BJ's! I just logged on for the first time since this morning, I guess, and thought...WTH is going on?!??!?

Quote:
First, I'd not heard any talk of lunch yesterday. Did anyone show up? Always assume it's a go.
I had every intention of going but two girls being home sick with the flu all week last week had me pinned down around the house all week. Sunday, I ended up over working at the store to at least make a feeble attempt at getting caught up. Was looking forward to looking at a set of passenger pegs for the "Punkin' Chucker" project too...

Quote:
Anyway how about we do lunch at the Highway 58 Cafe next Sunday??
That works! Even closer to our neck of the woods. I'll try my best to be there, if that's the general consensus. Maybe we can even get Paul, Jett & Amy to join us too, being that close. Ooooops, never mind, oPAULo doesn't ride motorcycles anymore... I forgot

Quote:
Second, with all these little bikes being assembled/restored/brought back to life I make the motion that we select a date in the not-too-distant future and plan to gather on the little buggers. Maybe sometime in the early spring? I figure if we all had a target date of when we'd have to have 'em up and running it might light a far under our arses to get 'em up and running. Would March 31 (the day before April Fool's Day--seems fitting) be pushing it too much??? Or do you think you'll need more time?

As far as a location pick somewhere with lots of steep hills out in the middle of nowhere to make getting there and back on the wee bikes a challenge.
I dunno if the MR50 ElsiTard project would be ready to go, but will try to come up with something. Sounds like a hoot to me!

Honda XR "Complete" S/M Wheels For Sale ---> http://www.advrider.com/forums/showt...9#post20028089

TooSlow4U is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 10:28 PM   #9760
Buckeye105
Adventurer

Oddometer: 10
New guy

"yoy gotta blow him!"

Yea, i think i chose that ackward time to join a new forum lol.

Anyways i didnt see a welcome thread so i thought i'd start here seeing im from the indy area and currently going to school at Vincennes University (aka the dirty V).
Currently im riding a Drz400 with no real place to take it off road and do some trail riding. Im hoping to find some cool places to ride in central indiana or close Vincennes when i get a chance to bring my bike down to VU. So if anyone knows of some decent places in my area let me know, because i've yet to find a place thats relatively close.

Buckeye105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 04:10 AM   #9761
nickgindy
Doing it Wrong

Oddometer: 2,256
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye105 View Post
"yoy gotta blow him!"

Yea, i think i chose that ackward time to join a new forum lol.

Anyways i didnt see a welcome thread so i thought i'd start here seeing im from the indy area and currently going to school at Vincennes University (aka the dirty V).
Welcome to the forum. Don't worry the conversation will change in about 2 posts to something else random. I'm in lawrence.

2003 Sv650s; 2012 BMW F650GS; 1999 Suzuki Dr 350se; 2009 GSXR 600
http://www.youtube.com/fetuss10
nickgindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 05:57 AM   #9762
drfreema
Adventurer

Oddometer: 57
Interlake and HNF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye105 View Post
Currently im riding a Drz400 with no real place to take it off road and do some trail riding. Im hoping to find some cool places to ride in central indiana or close Vincennes when i get a chance to bring my bike down to VU. So if anyone knows of some decent places in my area let me know, because i've yet to find a place thats relatively close.
Welcome aboard, Buckeye105.

About an hour southeast is Interlake in Lynnville, IN. Lots of offroad there.

You can also get the GPS tracks for the southern half of the 2011 HNF ride and the Kentuckiana Icebreaker ride. These are not offroad but are fun and not too far from Vincennes.
Wife's:
2001 Kawasaki Ninja EX500R
2003 Suzuki DR-Z400E

drfreema screwed with this post 01-15-2013 at 06:06 AM Reason: adding link to Kentuckiana Icebreaker
drfreema is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 06:42 AM   #9763
DirtRiderwjc2000
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 539
Revsport

I know an inmate works there but not which one, anyway do you have the new SIDI crossfire 2 in?

I have 2 pair of the crossfires, white and black and I may try to sale my white pair. the new white orange look pretty good and what is the special rate you give fellow adv inmates you can PM the low price so it won't be public knowledge.

Thanks
Old 01-15-2013, 08:52 AM   #9764
dfye55
Gnarly Adventurer

missed ya

Quote:
Originally Posted by TooSlow4U View Post
I had every intention of going but two girls being home sick with the flu all week last week had me pinned down around the house all week. Sunday, I ended up over working at the store to at least make a feeble attempt at getting caught up. Was looking forward to looking at a set of passenger pegs for the "Punkin' Chucker" project too...

Yep, the pegs were with me at Brownies. As far as I know, I'll be at 58cafe Sunday too.
Old 01-15-2013, 03:06 PM   #9765
Davidc83
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 457
I was going to be there on Sunday, but woke up with this creepy crud crap. I had the flu shot but I think I got a small case of the crap. My boss didnt come to work today because of a busty water line in his house. The plumber showed up and installed sharkbites and mentioned most plumbers in the Louisville area are now using sharkbites.
Davidc83 is offline   Reply With Quote