ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Central From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-14-2013, 06:50 PM   #9751
AC909
Great Job!
 
AC909's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2009
Location: Bloomington, IN USA
Oddometer: 1,089
Shameless SPAM bump to any Hoosier VStromers that may need some luggage racks http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=851760
__________________
A CT175 & XR250R Do A Few States of the TAT
http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=827855
A CT175 & DR350 Do a Few More States of the TAT
http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1010764
AC909 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 07:06 PM   #9752
BK
Electron herder
 
BK's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2011
Location: Indiana
Oddometer: 476
I wish it was that easy. :)

The guy I talked to sounded sane. He didn't say one thing about abusing puppies, not liking chocolate or teasing children, but I think he's a hack.
__________________
"Human beings are the only creatures on Earth that claim a God, and the only living things that behave like they haven't got one." - The Rum Diary
BK is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 07:34 PM   #9753
tpar1220 OP
such a pud..
 
tpar1220's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2007
Location: martinsville... ish, in.
Oddometer: 2,550
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChevalDeFer View Post

Of course, I knew nothing of this BJ thing. So if I pay a plumber, does the Mrs. blow him or me?
Naa man, you got it all wrong.... Yoy gotta blow him!

Man card officially revoked!!
__________________
this thing is AWESOME... and makes the mach V look like a vagina!

There will only be two things left moving after WW3.
Cockroaches & KLRs.
tpar1220 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 07:41 PM   #9754
BK
Electron herder
 
BK's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2011
Location: Indiana
Oddometer: 476
Quote:
Originally Posted by tpar1220 View Post
Naa man, you got it all wrong.... Yoy gotta blow him!

Man card officially revoked!!
I was afraid of that.
__________________
"Human beings are the only creatures on Earth that claim a God, and the only living things that behave like they haven't got one." - The Rum Diary
BK is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 10:10 PM   #9755
TooSlow4U
2 Wheel Wonder Rider
 
TooSlow4U's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2008
Location: Bedford, IN
Oddometer: 1,075
Holy crap, I sure am glad that I scrolled back to the previous page to get caught up concerning the BJ's! I just logged on for the first time since this morning, I guess, and thought...WTH is going on?!??!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodsrat View Post
First, I'd not heard any talk of lunch yesterday. Did anyone show up? Always assume it's a go.
I had every intention of going but two girls being home sick with the flu all week last week had me pinned down around the house all week. Sunday, I ended up over working at the store to at least make a feeble attempt at getting caught up. Was looking forward to looking at a set of passenger pegs for the "Punkin' Chucker" project too...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodsrat View Post
Anyway how about we do lunch at the Highway 58 Cafe next Sunday??
That works! Even closer to our neck of the woods. I'll try my best to be there, if that's the general consensus. Maybe we can even get Paul, Jett & Amy to join us too, being that close. Ooooops, never mind, oPAULo doesn't ride motorcycles anymore... I forgot


Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodsrat View Post
Second, with all these little bikes being assembled/restored/brought back to life I make the motion that we select a date in the not-too-distant future and plan to gather on the little buggers. Maybe sometime in the early spring? I figure if we all had a target date of when we'd have to have 'em up and running it might light a far under our arses to get 'em up and running. Would March 31 (the day before April Fool's Day--seems fitting) be pushing it too much??? Or do you think you'll need more time?

As far as a location pick somewhere with lots of steep hills out in the middle of nowhere to make getting there and back on the wee bikes a challenge.
I dunno if the MR50 ElsiTard project would be ready to go, but will try to come up with something. Sounds like a hoot to me!
__________________
2003 KTM 525 E/XC - APC (Austrian Punkin' Chucker II) - FOR SALE
2005 Yamaha FJR1300ABS - FOR SALE







TooSlow4U is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 11:28 PM   #9756
Buckeye105
Adventurer
 
Buckeye105's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2013
Location: Fishers, IN
Oddometer: 10
New guy

"yoy gotta blow him!"

Yea, i think i chose that ackward time to join a new forum lol.

Anyways i didnt see a welcome thread so i thought i'd start here seeing im from the indy area and currently going to school at Vincennes University (aka the dirty V).
Currently im riding a Drz400 with no real place to take it off road and do some trail riding. Im hoping to find some cool places to ride in central indiana or close Vincennes when i get a chance to bring my bike down to VU. So if anyone knows of some decent places in my area let me know, because i've yet to find a place thats relatively close.

Buckeye105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 05:10 AM   #9757
nickgindy
Doing it Wrong
 
nickgindy's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2011
Location: Indianapolis, Indiana
Oddometer: 2,442
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye105 View Post
"yoy gotta blow him!"

Yea, i think i chose that ackward time to join a new forum lol.

Anyways i didnt see a welcome thread so i thought i'd start here seeing im from the indy area and currently going to school at Vincennes University (aka the dirty V).
Welcome to the forum. Don't worry the conversation will change in about 2 posts to something else random. I'm in lawrence.
__________________

In memory of IMPD Officer Perry Renn. E.O.W July 5, 2014. "I will always get out of my car."
2003 Sv650s; 2012 BMW F650GS; 1999 Suzuki Dr 350se
http://www.youtube.com/fetuss10
nickgindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 06:57 AM   #9758
drfreema
Adventurer
 
Joined: May 2010
Location: Bloomington, IN
Oddometer: 57
Interlake and HNF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye105 View Post
Currently im riding a Drz400 with no real place to take it off road and do some trail riding. Im hoping to find some cool places to ride in central indiana or close Vincennes when i get a chance to bring my bike down to VU. So if anyone knows of some decent places in my area let me know, because i've yet to find a place thats relatively close.
Welcome aboard, Buckeye105.

About an hour southeast is Interlake in Lynnville, IN. Lots of offroad there.

You can also get the GPS tracks for the southern half of the 2011 HNF ride and the Kentuckiana Icebreaker ride. These are not offroad but are fun and not too far from Vincennes.
__________________
Mine:
2004 Kawasaki KLR 650
2005 Ducati Supersport 1000
Wife's:
2001 Kawasaki Ninja EX500R
2003 Suzuki DR-Z400E

drfreema screwed with this post 01-15-2013 at 07:06 AM Reason: adding link to Kentuckiana Icebreaker
drfreema is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 07:42 AM   #9759
DirtRiderwjc2000
Studly Adventurer
 
DirtRiderwjc2000's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2006
Location: Indiana
Oddometer: 545
Revsport

I know an inmate works there but not which one, anyway do you have the new SIDI crossfire 2 in?

I have 2 pair of the crossfires, white and black and I may try to sale my white pair. the new white orange look pretty good and what is the special rate you give fellow adv inmates you can PM the low price so it won't be public knowledge.

Thanks
__________________
09 BMW R1200GSA
14 KTM 450 XC-W
DirtRiderwjc2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 09:52 AM   #9760
dfye55
Gnarly Adventurer
 
dfye55's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2012
Location: south central Indiana
Oddometer: 254
missed ya

Quote:
Originally Posted by TooSlow4U View Post
...
I had every intention of going but two girls being home sick with the flu all week last week had me pinned down around the house all week. Sunday, I ended up over working at the store to at least make a feeble attempt at getting caught up. Was looking forward to looking at a set of passenger pegs for the "Punkin' Chucker" project too...


...
Yep, the pegs were with me at Brownies. As far as I know, I'll be at 58cafe Sunday too.
__________________
Don '05 KLR 250 & '04 DR 200
dfye55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 04:06 PM   #9761
Davidc83
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Oct 2009
Location: Southern Indiana
Oddometer: 470
I was going to be there on Sunday, but woke up with this creepy crud crap. I had the flu shot but I think I got a small case of the crap. My boss didnt come to work today because of a busty water line in his house. The plumber showed up and installed sharkbites and mentioned most plumbers in the Louisville area are now using sharkbites.
Davidc83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 05:26 PM   #9762
zamboni9
Beastly Adventurer
 
zamboni9's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2012
Location: Greenwood, IN
Oddometer: 1,152
Where's the best place to get a one man brake bleeder in Indy? Bought the auto zone version. It sucks. Tube doesn't fit on drz bleeder.
__________________
Dual Sport Riders for Striders Charity Ride May 16, 2015
http://www.facebook.com/ridersforstriders
Suzuki DR-Z400SM, Ural T
"...a Ural is to gravel, what a hovercraft is to water.."-IndyChizzle
zamboni9 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 06:13 PM   #9763
header
Chris
 
header's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2007
Location: Salt Lake City
Oddometer: 1,740
Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtRiderwjc2000 View Post
I know an inmate works there but not which one, anyway do you have the new SIDI crossfire 2 in?

I have 2 pair of the crossfires, white and black and I may try to sale my white pair. the new white orange look pretty good and what is the special rate you give fellow adv inmates you can PM the low price so it won't be public knowledge.

Thanks
What size? I've been burning up some bandwith trying to find a used pair of 13's for a decent price.

And no the crossfire 2's aren't in at revsport yet.
__________________


KTM 530exc
525exc refresh
header is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 06:44 PM   #9764
dougfromindy
I smell premix
 
dougfromindy's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2008
Location: Indpls, IN Lexington, MI
Oddometer: 2,259
Quote:
Originally Posted by zamboni9 View Post
Where's the best place to get a one man brake bleeder in Indy? Bought the auto zone version. It sucks. Tube doesn't fit on drz bleeder.
i got one you can borrow
dougfromindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 06:46 PM   #9765
dougfromindy
I smell premix
 
dougfromindy's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2008
Location: Indpls, IN Lexington, MI
Oddometer: 2,259
Quote:
Originally Posted by header View Post
What size? I've been burning up some bandwith trying to find a used pair of 13's for a decent price.

And no the crossfire 2's aren't in at revsport yet.
nothing wrong with sidi if you have a narrow foot.
The garne sg-12s are a better boot imo and only choice for a wider foot.
dougfromindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 06:48 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014