ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Central From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-03-2013, 06:17 AM   #10021
tpar1220 OP
such a pud..

Oddometer: 2,523
that was from our "twat" trip few years back... 09 i believe. and forks were not leaking, i was trying to bleed some of it off.

long story, i will tell ya bout it later..

There will only be two things left moving after WW3.
Cockroaches & KLRs.
tpar1220 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 08:49 AM   #10022
RoadDad
n13ub

Oddometer: 412
Tuff shocks

Hey Tim--Need any help with a shock rebuild? I have a lot of experience. Trust me. And was that sand biff mine or one of Ricks. Rick had the record on that ride Geez I hate snow
RoadDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 01:59 PM   #10023
KneeKicker
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,625
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadDad View Post
Hey Tim--Need any help with a shock rebuild? I have a lot of experience. Trust me. And was that sand biff mine or one of Ricks. Rick had the record on that ride Geez I hate snow

I'm sure it was one of mine......I liked the nice groomed sandy roads but that powder like sand wasn't a friend of mine.

I think this pic says it all

"I got so drunk last night I woke this morning and someone had shit my pants" Ron White
KneeKicker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 03:13 PM   #10024
szramer
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 218
anyone know what kinda kawasaki is that?
Old 02-03-2013, 03:23 PM   #10025
KneeKicker
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,625
Quote:
Originally Posted by szramer View Post
anyone know what kinda kawasaki is that?

j1

"I got so drunk last night I woke this morning and someone had shit my pants" Ron White
KneeKicker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 05:26 PM   #10026
TooSlow4U
2 Wheel Wonder Rider

Oddometer: 1,052
Good lunch run to Route58 Cafe today! 3 of us showed up...all on 4 wheels. Yes, they were stocked up good on bacon for my double cheeseburger this week. Coconut cream pie, for dessert, made my belly fat though.

TooSlow4U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 05:31 PM   #10027
gtackett
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 701
Quote:
Originally Posted by TooSlow4U View Post
Good lunch run to Route58 Cafe today! 3 of us showed up...all on 4 wheels. Yes, they were stocked up good on bacon for my double cheeseburger this week. Coconut cream pie, for dessert, made my belly fat though.
4 wheels? What happened to the heated gear, frozen bottles of Mt Dew, and going to great lengths to get the Indiana Photo Tag regardless of the weather?

I'm ready for Spring!
gtackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 05:39 PM   #10028
TooSlow4U
2 Wheel Wonder Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtackett View Post
4 wheels? What happened to the heated gear, frozen bottles of Mt Dew, and going to great lengths to get the Indiana Photo Tag regardless of the weather?

I'm ready for Spring!
I dunno bout anyone else, but I'm just plain getting old & soft and didn't feel like fighting the cold today.

Old 02-03-2013, 05:46 PM   #10029
gtackett
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 701
Quote:
I dunno bout anyone else, but I'm just plain getting old & soft and didn't feel like fighting the cold today.
I agree ... you're getting old!
gtackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 06:00 PM   #10030
tpar1220 OP
such a pud..

since i never installed a rekluse before and frank has done several... he agreed to let me watch him do it, as long as i didn't bother him to much.

and before i knew it..

oohhhh...... aaahhhhhh......!

wish i had paid more attention during the install, but was difficult as there were a few other people there and we were all talkin shit about our other riding buddies that weren't there to defend themselves.

then there was this whole conversation about mxc/exc/sx/xcw 5 and 6 speed transmissions that left me pissed off thinking i had simply put another mxc trans in my engine.

there was one person there saying that all 300's came with 6 speeds, which i found alarming as i have always searched for a 6th gear while riding my 300 but failed miserably. then wes tells me that his 300 exc also has a 6 speed. so... around this time i am thinking ebay seller claiming the 5 speed exc trans he sold me was full of shit and i got fooked over and was another mxc trans.

during my research on 300 transmissions i found that all (us bound) 300 came with 5 speeds and that exc/mxc first thru third gears were identical and 4th and 5th were different with the exc gearing being taller, which is why i installed an exc trans. and exc/xcw were identical. i had heard of people with later model 300's installing 6 speed transmissions.. but i don't know what model they are using. i do want to research that though..

what i can verify though... is that my original mxc trans is infact a 5 speed!

after that i drug out the literature..

and found that i was also right about the exc/mxc trans gearing..

also found out that i have a parts manual that i didn't know i had, which had parts diagram. and frank... you were right about that spacer behind basket (#25)..

i know most of you guys could care less about any of this.. but all of us that were there wound up very confused except for brian.. he was very certain. but apparently he is a bit mixed up as well as wes confirmed that his 98 exc 300 is 5 speed as well.

so... really i do know for sure is... not all 300's are 6 speeds, and frank at outdoor puurformance knows his way around and thru a motorcycle!

now.... if i could just locate that damn thrust washer i would feel SO much better!

thanks again frank...

Cockroaches & KLRs.
Old 02-03-2013, 06:16 PM   #10031
tpar1220 OP
such a pud..

im sorry... #25, the stutzscheibe 22.2x35x3 gehart.

Cockroaches & KLRs.
Old 02-03-2013, 06:20 PM   #10032
Kbowling
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 136
Quote:
Originally Posted by KneeKicker View Post
j1
I believe that is a f1 1968?
Kbowling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 06:22 PM   #10033
TooSlow4U
2 Wheel Wonder Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpar1220 View Post
since i never installed a rekluse before and frank has done several... he agreed to let me watch him do it, as long as i didn't bother him to much. ....also found out that i have a parts manual that i didn't know i had, which had parts diagram. and frank... you were right about that spacer behind basket (#25)..

i know most of you guys could care less about any of this.. but all of us that were there wound up very confused except for brian.. he was very certain. but apparently he is a bit mixed up as well as wes confirmed that his 98 exc 300 is 5 speed as well.

so... really i do know for sure is... not all 300's are 6 speeds, and frank at outdoor puurformance knows his way around and thru a motorcycle!

now.... if i could just locate that damn thrust washer i would feel SO much better!

thanks again frank...
You're welcome. Thanks for clearing that up about the transmission. I wish that I could find that one website again that led me astray tonight when I got home. Their specific specs show the '01 300 MXC as a "Manual 6-speed"

Found it ----> http://www.mbike.com/ktm/300-mxc/2001

It's been a fun day all around... Can't wait to see the difference in how that clutch performs compared to your stock clutch. Still bummed that Rekluse no longer makes one for the '01 520 EXC. I'll still do some digging on the 6-speed swap to fit your bike, too.

Old 02-03-2013, 06:22 PM   #10034
hilljak
Hayseed

Oddometer: 378
Quote:
Originally Posted by tpar1220 View Post

.... wes tells me that his 300 exc also has a 6 speed. so... around this time i am thinking ebay seller claiming the 5 speed exc trans he sold me was full of shit and i got fooked over and was another mxc trans.

Sorry Tim, but the look on your face was priceless while all the 6 speed talk was flyin around the room.

And as soon as I got to the barn, I rode up thru the pasture to see exactly how many gears my bike has... I really thought I counted 6 on my one and only time of riding it...

Oh, and that foreign stuff can be deciphered on some kinda translation google thingy... so I hear...

Proving I'm an idiot without ever speaking...
hilljak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 06:27 PM   #10035
Kbowling
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 136
Quote:
18 and snow when I got up maybe next week?
Kbowling is offline   Reply With Quote