ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Central From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-25-2013, 08:14 AM   #10231
WindPipe
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 211
Motorcycle endorsement change

Hey fellow Hoosiers,
I renewed my license online, and freaked when when license arrived with an "L" where the "M" should be under endorsement.

I called this morning and the irritated service rep. said they changed the code, and "L" is now for motorcycles.

I was relieved, but then did some further searching and could find no mention of this on the web.

Has anyone else renewed for Indiana this year, and can they confirm this?

Thanks,
-ted
Old 02-25-2013, 10:05 AM   #10232
godwinmt
They call me Crash

Oddometer: 534
Quote:
Originally Posted by WindPipe View Post
Hey fellow Hoosiers,
I renewed my license online, and freaked when when license arrived with an "L" where the "M" should be under endorsement.

I called this morning and the irritated service rep. said they changed the code, and "L" is now for motorcycles.

I was relieved, but then did some further searching and could find no mention of this on the web.

Has anyone else renewed for Indiana this year, and can they confirm this?

Thanks,
-ted
I transferred my endorsement over from Iowa when I moved here and can comfirm that the motorcycle endorsement is now code L
godwinmt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 10:53 AM   #10233
dfye55
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 234
So how about "Girl on a Motorcycle" from '68?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodsrat View Post
I just finished watching this epic. Kind of a cross between Easy Rider and On Any Sunday but with a lower budget.

Thanks for turning me on to this!!! I still can't believe I'd never seen or heard of this one.
I figure anything with a motorcycle girl from the '60s has gotta be worth a watch, it's on my netflix queue:

Couldn't get it to show up here but here's a link to the movie trailer:
http://youtu.be/dEOwybriej4
Old 02-25-2013, 11:20 AM   #10234
nickgindy
Doing it Wrong

Oddometer: 2,272
Code L

New to.me but then again BMV is always changing something or messing something up.

2003 Sv650s; 2012 BMW F650GS; 1999 Suzuki Dr 350se; 2009 GSXR 600
http://www.youtube.com/fetuss10
nickgindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 12:58 PM   #10235
WindPipe
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 211
Thanks for the input.

I also received an email from the BMV confirming this...plus, if I'd have simply looked at the back of the license, it actually states endorsement L equals motorcycle.

All is well ... after a brief spell of panic at thoughts of having to sign up for a MSF class (likely full 'til August), etc ...
Old 02-25-2013, 01:36 PM   #10236
RedBirdStation
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 525
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickgindy View Post
New to.me but then again BMV is always changing something or messing something up.
There is a new bill in the house now SB523 that is going to turn over the registration of bikes and quads to the BMV in Dec. When you buy a new bike or 4 wheeler now you have to title and register it to the DNR. It don't matter if you are going to only use it on your own property and never ride it on the roads or Redbird and Interlake. It will be mandatory to register.

They will stop doing the onsite registration at Redbird and make you go to the BMV. Redbird made over $13,000 last year on registrations. And the way I read this is the out of state people will have to register and title to even be able to ride at the parks now.

Get something that works pretty good and just screw it up...What does it take to make them understand that attandence will come up if they just have a daily or weekly riding pass for Redbird.
Not me! I want people to know "why" I look this way.
I've traveled a long way and some of the roads weren't paved.
RedBirdStation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 02:27 PM   #10237
nickgindy
Doing it Wrong

Quote:
What happens if you don't bother to title your bike/quad, as what commonly happens now? Are competition bikes exempt from this?

It'll be very interesting to see what would happen in court if a C. O. entered your private property without a warrant just to see if your ORV was registered or not...
I see them only being able o use it to stack charges. For example if your drunk and.flip it on your ownnproperty. you can technically get a dui and then whatever the non register thing will be.

Old 02-25-2013, 03:48 PM   #10238
Landon
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 567
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLCBRXX View Post
Get something that works pretty good and just screw it up...What does it take to make them understand that attandence will come up if they just have a daily or weekly riding pass for Redbird.
Not sure they want more motor vehicle attendance. I think they would be just as happy to close it to motorized and make it a horse park or hiking area.

Make it hard for people to use and guess what will happen.
Landon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 04:52 PM   #10239
hilljak
Hayseed

Oddometer: 364
Quote:
There is a new bill in the house now SB523 that is going to turn over the registration of bikes and quads to the BMV in Dec. When you buy a new bike or 4 wheeler now you have to title and register it to the DNR. It don't matter if you are going to only use it on your own property and never ride it on the roads or Redbird and Interlake. It will be mandatory to register. Redbird.

You are correct!

Alpiv posted this some time ago...

http://www.abateonline.org/programs/dirt_home.html

I dont care what they say it's for, I can smell the pig behind all that lipstick.

Proving I'm an idiot without ever speaking...
hilljak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 07:12 PM   #10240
TheBigLebowski
One Lucky SOB

Oddometer: 82
KLX Carb.....

Hey all.....long time no post. Hey I'm interested in possibly boring out the starter jet on my KLX carb. Right now I can't get it started and think I probably need to clean out the jets. It's a bear to get started and many have said boring out the starter jet to .018 corrects this or at least helps a bunch. Anyone here done this and would any one with carb experience be willing to help..........I'll feed you and keep a drink in your hand......good conversation......eternal gratitude too......just sayin.
Old 02-25-2013, 07:39 PM   #10241
RedBirdStation
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 525
Quote:
Originally Posted by hilljak View Post
You are correct!

Alpiv posted this some time ago...

http://www.abateonline.org/programs/dirt_home.html

I dont care what they say it's for, I can smell the pig behind all that lipstick.
Next they will want to put border crossings around the state and tell people they can't drive their cars/trucks unless they register it.

I would just like to see them make it easier for out of state people to enjoy Redbird/Interlake.
Not me! I want people to know "why" I look this way.
I've traveled a long way and some of the roads weren't paved.
RedBirdStation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 05:44 AM   #10242
Davidc83
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 459
Quote:
Next they will want to put border crossings around the state and tell people they can't drive their cars/trucks unless they register it.

I would just like to see them make it easier for out of state people to enjoy Redbird/Interlake.
Just passed Indiana House: new bill where all moped riders will have to register the mopeds at the BMV.
Davidc83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 09:35 AM   #10243
nickgindy
Doing it Wrong

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davidc83 View Post
Just passed Indiana House: new bill where all moped riders will have to register the mopeds at the BMV.
Id definantly enforce that one alot.

Old 02-26-2013, 11:36 AM   #10244
DirtRiderwjc2000
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 539
Quote:
Originally Posted by AC909 View Post
Any idea what model Zundapp that was to the far left of the CR?
1971 GS125, Rik Smits is the owner, he has many Zundapp
Old 02-26-2013, 12:20 PM   #10245
MotoBoss
Bad Influence

Oddometer: 3,373
Quote:
ABATE will be happy. They've had a boner for "motorized bicycles" for years mostly because since they weren't required to be registered ABATE didn't get a cut of any registrations for them. Mostly what this will do is get the bulk of them off the street and ABATE won't gain anything financially. They've pissed and moaned about the threat to public safety motorized bicycles were but at the same time ignored the fact that middle-aged riders on large displacement cruiser bikes (with alcohol as a contributing factor) tend to be over-represented in motorcycle accidents in Indiana. I'll let you guess what motorcycle orgainization's membership best represents this demographic...
Sorry but your misinformed about the facts here. The fact is that moped's, motorized bicycles and such that are unlicensed and unregistered are included as a "motorcycle" in all crash statics. Therefore any stat that is used for research, funds dispersal or safety training funding include the dumb ass on his 49cc moped riding in a 50mph traffic lane and being run over. This effects every rider as a negative number. Sure the "cruiser' number is higher as registered motorcycles go in the State but not by much and are close to the same number as sportbikes. Alcohol, no gear and improper (or no) training are the leading factors in death's but overall the majority of crashes are related to piss poor driving by the four wheeled sector of transportation................the pirate rant is a poor way to direct blame.

AdventureRiderRadio
Donate To ADV

MotoBoss is offline   Reply With Quote