ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Central From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-26-2013, 05:26 PM   #10246
nickgindy
Doing it Wrong

Oddometer: 2,440
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLCBRXX View Post
About time....now what will all the drunks do now.
Go back to driving cars since theyll get in the same amount of trouble and probably don't give a shit in the first place.

In memory of IMPD Officer Perry Renn. E.O.W July 5, 2014. "I will always get out of my car."
2003 Sv650s; 2012 BMW F650GS; 1999 Suzuki Dr 350se
http://www.youtube.com/fetuss10
nickgindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 05:42 PM   #10247
AC909
Great Job!

Oddometer: 1,079
I give scooter guys a lot of credit. DUI or not they come into our store in the middle of winter in the ice and snow in Carhartt coveralls and don't make one whimper about the cold. Chalk that up to the fifth of Canadian Hunter they just drank or just pure ambition to get to work or get their business taken care of they are getting it done none the less. Heres one to the hard working post DUI scooter guy thats trying to turn it around
http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1010764
AC909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 05:44 PM   #10248
mbabc
Curmudgeon trainee

Oddometer: 1,839
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodsrat View Post
....among them one of those little fold-up stools or chairs you can carry on a bike.

Recommendations?

I figure one of them and a new bicycle pump for the tube bag will probably use up the certificate pretty quick.
Tim - I picked up a Monarch 2 legged chair in the Flea market a couple years back. Very comfy and packs light and tiny. It can be tricky to balance on at first (especially after a few drinks...) but I really like it. They recently came out with a similar design called the Mantis but on a more stable 4 legs. I also have an old folding stool (no back support) I can strap to the side cases

Shoot, a rich guy like you should just go ahead and get a Kermit.
I don't know what time it is, I've switched to kilometers
mbabc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 05:57 PM   #10249
oPAULo
jack of all terrain

Oddometer: 3,952
Quote:
Originally Posted by indypup View Post
I finally edited the video from May 2012...
Awesome! Looks like the WR handled it well.

Quote:
there were a couple of items I need for moto-camping, among them one of those little fold-up stools or chairs you can carry on a bike.
You going to drag the trailer for icebreaker?? I'm ordering shocks and maybe a couple other mods and try it again.
oPAULo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 06:07 PM   #10250
DirtRiderwjc2000
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 545
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbabc View Post
Tim - I picked up a Monarch 2 legged chair in the Flea market a couple years back. Very comfy and packs light and tiny. It can be tricky to balance on at first (especially after a few drinks...) but I really like it. They recently came out with a similar design called the Mantis but on a more stable 4 legs. I also have an old folding stool (no back support) I can strap to the side cases

Shoot, a rich guy like you should just go ahead and get a Kermit.
I have had a kermit it sit pretty low to the ground also, so I use this

http://www.integrityoutdoorbrands.co...-arm-chair.htm

folds down to about 20x12x3 pretty flat and can pack stuff on top of it. I have had one break and sent in pictures and they sent me a new one.
Old 02-26-2013, 06:59 PM   #10251
TooSlow4U
2 Wheel Wonder Rider

Oddometer: 1,075
Quote:
Originally Posted by indypup View Post
I finally edited the video from May 2012....
Cool video! The blind water crossings always make me a bit nervous. I dunno, I'm kinda weird in the fact that I like to see the boulders (or super DEEP holes) that I'm about to crash into. Kudos to all of you though. Looks like a great ride filled full of adrenaline.

TooSlow4U is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 07:06 PM   #10252
dualsportride
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 258
Quote:
Originally Posted by TooSlow4U View Post
Cool video! The blind water crossings always make me a bit nervous. I dunno, I'm kinda weird in the fact that I like to see the boulders (or super DEEP holes) that I'm about to crash into. Kudos to all of you though. Looks like a great ride filled full of adrenaline.
I agree with you they make me nervous also thats why I always let my buddies go first then follow their path if it works out.
dualsportride is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 07:59 PM   #10253
zamboni9
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,138
While you boys were enjoying the rain today I was out riding. Tucson-Nogales Mexico. :)
"...a Ural is to gravel, what a hovercraft is to water.."-IndyChizzle
zamboni9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 08:28 PM   #10254
RoadDad
n13ub

Oddometer: 417
Quote:
Although I hate to give any business that supports envirowackos a nickel I received a gift certificate from my sister for REI. Short of sending it back to her for a refund (something I'm not sure she can do) there were a couple of items I need for moto-camping, among them one of those little fold-up stools or chairs you can carry on a bike.

Recommendations? Some of the on-line reviews weren't very positive and they said some of the units fell apart after a few hours of use.

I figure one of them and a new bicycle pump for the tube bag will probably use up the certificate pretty quick.
Tim--Check Amazon or REI for the Alite Monarch chair. It sits close to the ground on two legs and your two legs. Fits in a stuff sack 11" long by 4" diameter. Weight is about 8-10 oz. I've got a Kermit and it is big and heavy and $$$. Will only use it for short rides where weight and volume isn't so critical.
RoadDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 07:48 AM   #10255
AC909
Great Job!

Oddometer: 1,079
Quote:
Originally Posted by zamboni9 View Post
while you boys were enjoying the rain today i was out riding. Tucson-nogales mexico. :)
awesome!
http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1010764
AC909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 08:46 AM   #10256
Davidc83
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 470
Quote:
ABATE will be happy. They've had a boner for "motorized bicycles" for years mostly because since they weren't required to be registered ABATE didn't get a cut of any registrations for them. Mostly what this will do is get the bulk of them off the street and ABATE won't gain anything financially. They've pissed and moaned about the threat to public safety motorized bicycles were but at the same time ignored the fact that middle-aged riders on large displacement cruiser bikes (with alcohol as a contributing factor) tend to be over-represented in motorcycle accidents in Indiana. I'll let you guess what motorcycle orgainization's membership best represents this demographic...
Yea, and the same organization has many organized rides going from bar to bar to bar.
Davidc83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 08:57 AM   #10257
nickgindy
Doing it Wrong

Oddometer: 2,440
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davidc83 View Post
Yea, and the same organization has many organized rides going from bar to bar to bar.
They just want to twist some throttles and turn some heads.

Fags

In memory of IMPD Officer Perry Renn. E.O.W July 5, 2014. "I will always get out of my car."
2003 Sv650s; 2012 BMW F650GS; 1999 Suzuki Dr 350se
http://www.youtube.com/fetuss10
nickgindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 08:57 AM   #10258
Davidc83
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoBoss View Post
Sorry but your misinformed about the facts here. The fact is that moped's, motorized bicycles and such that are unlicensed and unregistered are included as a "motorcycle" in all crash statics. Therefore any stat that is used for research, funds dispersal or safety training funding include the dumb ass on his 49cc moped riding in a 50mph traffic lane and being run over. This effects every rider as a negative number. Sure the "cruiser' number is higher as registered motorcycles go in the State but not by much and are close to the same number as sportbikes. Alcohol, no gear and improper (or no) training are the leading factors in death's but overall the majority of crashes are related to piss poor driving by the four wheeled sector of transportation................the pirate rant is a poor way to direct blame.
Actually, the last major statistics for motorcycle accidents/deaths compiled by the CDC were in 2008:
http://www.cdc.gov/features/dsMotorcycleSafety/
Motocycle deaths involving cars/trucks were at an all-time low, while overall motorcycle deaths were at an all-time high.

http://www.nhtsa.gov/Safety/Motorcycles
Statistics show that the percentage of intoxicated motorcycle riders in fatal crashes is greater than the percentage of intoxicated drivers on our roads.

http://motorcycleaccidentlawyerpa.co...nt-statistics/
For years now, the average age of the victim from a motorcycle accident has been on the increase. That is to say, the average age of the cyclists who died in motorcycle accidents was under the age of 30 in the mid-70′s, but now we see that the number of riders over the age of 50 has actually surpassed the number of 30-year-olds, and in fact all other age groups

The engine sizes of the motorcycles involved in a fatal motorcycle accident have gone up drastically 29% of the accidents involved in engine size larger than 1400 cc, compared to only 9% a decade earlier. 83% of touring bikes had engines larger than 1400 cc, while off-road bikes and super sport bikes had engines of sizes 1000 cc or smaller.
Old 02-27-2013, 09:20 AM   #10259
Davidc83
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by flatwoods View Post
I need to do this to, the klx forum has info on this, with the cold start issue, i turn off petcock and ride till shes coughin, and she starts up with 2 or 3 tries days latter otherwise got to drain carb, this is cold weather related, no problem when warm.
I have the 2009 klx 250 sf in storage in Florida and discovered a way to start the bike easily without drilling the starter jet.

When I am going to park the bike for the day, night, week, month, or months, I turn the petcock position to off and let the bike run until the carb bowl is empty and bike dies on its own (I usually do this about 1/4 mile from my driveway, and I have a 600 ft driveway-only takes about a minute to empty once I park it).

When I go to start the bike, I turn the choke on, sit on the bike, turn the petcock position to on and rock the bike back and forth-side to side-3-4 times, then I press the start button, has always started in 2-3 cranks.

I learned this from another member of the klx forum.

If you are going to drill the starter jet, be careful, use the correct size-if you screw up-you are screwed, this jet is pressed in from the factory and getting it out and replacing it would be a PITA.

Of course I always fill the tank to max and pre-treat the gas with sea-foam before I store the bike for months.
Old 02-27-2013, 09:53 AM   #10260
Small's
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 307
Map case

Anybody on here use the cycoactive bar map pack? Lookin for thoughts. I used to use a magnetic tank bag that had a small map compartment but i put on a bigger tank that is plastic and im looking for a good map setup for an upcoming trip.
Small's is offline   Reply With Quote