ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Central From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-10-2013, 10:05 PM   #10516
Btown Jason
Substitute

Oddometer: 89
Sunday riding

I'm glad to hear so many folks had good rides this weekend. I got out today for about an hour and a half with the girlfriend on the back of the KLR. Checked out the Lake Formerly Known as Griffey, Lake Lemon, Brummetts Creek Road, Kerr Creek. No dirt or gravel, but sure nice to have the girl on the bike for a change. Then I bought some nearly brand new wolfman expedition saddle bags from a friend who has the problem of being bikeless at the moment. All in all a fine day. Have a great week everyone!
Old 03-11-2013, 04:50 AM   #10517
brewski83
JUST SPIT ON IT

Oddometer: 369
Ride Time

I got some ride time in as well. Took country roads from Palmyra to Mitchell to visit relatives (included jumping the Seven sisters on Becks Mill Rd!). Then out past Spring Mill through River Vale and Fort Ritner following the White River. Hit Hwy 135 in Kossuth and shot South back to home for some corn field exploring. All in all a pretty good ride!
brewski83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 07:41 AM   #10518
gplane
Brush With Destiny

Oddometer: 777
Quote:
Originally Posted by brewski83 View Post
I got some ride time in as well. Took country roads from Palmyra to Mitchell to visit relatives (included jumping the Seven sisters on Becks Mill Rd!). Then out past Spring Mill through River Vale and Fort Ritner following the White River. Hit Hwy 135 in Kossuth and shot South back to home for some corn field exploring. All in all a pretty good ride!
Great area. Great scenery, especially Buffalo Bottoms .
Riding out that way in November on some gravel, I rolled past a pretty remote place. I didn't see a "No Trespassing" sign on this one property I passed, but there was a severed hog's head stuck on a steel "T" post. No need for fine print!
I know Beck's Mill Rd. from Fredricksburg to Salem, but not the Seven Sisters. Please explain.
gplane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 09:01 AM   #10519
brewski83
JUST SPIT ON IT

Quote:
Originally Posted by gplane View Post
Great area. Great scenery, especially Buffalo Bottoms .
Riding out that way in November on some gravel, I rolled past a pretty remote place. I didn't see a "No Trespassing" sign on this one property I passed, but there was a severed hog's head stuck on a steel "T" post. No need for fine print!
I know Beck's Mill Rd. from Fredricksburg to Salem, but not the Seven Sisters. Please explain.
Agreed! And I'm not at all suprised about the hog's head after rolling through that area...I made sure not to stop longer than needed at any point just in case. As for the Seven Sisters: there are seven significant hills on Beck's Mill rd that the teens like to hill hop on. If you've taken the road all the way to Salem from Fredricksburg then you've gone over them. Too much speed = easy air time...more fun going South than North as well!
Old 03-11-2013, 12:07 PM   #10520
gplane
Brush With Destiny

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewski83 View Post
Agreed! And I'm not at all suprised about the hog's head after rolling through that area...I made sure not to stop longer than needed at any point just in case. As for the Seven Sisters: there are seven significant hills on Beck's Mill rd that the teens like to hill hop on. If you've taken the road all the way to Salem from Fredricksburg then you've gone over them. Too much speed = easy air time...more fun going South than North as well!
Backroads from home to Fredricksburg through the bush to 337 and Corydon then Corydon/New Albany Rd. is a nice route to Louisville.
Old 03-11-2013, 03:13 PM   #10521
johnson357
Bad Monkey Racing

Oddometer: 1,092
Like idea of calling out roads.....didn't have a GPS with me but hit Crooked Creek (i think) south of Nashville then just followed it around to a seasonal road that was big fun. South of Peoga(sp) found Richarts for a fair amount of gravel can get it off Twin Lake from 135
johnson357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 04:18 PM   #10522
gplane
Brush With Destiny

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnson357 View Post
Like idea of calling out roads.....didn't have a GPS with me but hit Crooked Creek (i think) south of Nashville then just followed it around to a seasonal road that was big fun. South of Peoga(sp) found Richarts for a fair amount of gravel can get it off Twin Lake from 135
Yeah...Always new stuff to see.
I just like to get out and roll around.
Navigation by "dead reckoning" is fun.
Old 03-11-2013, 04:30 PM   #10523
brewski83
JUST SPIT ON IT

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnson357 View Post
That area of Indiana is a bit foreign to me....I need to cruise on up sometime and get lost. I'll have to check these roads out when I get up there..thanks for the tip!

GPlane: I haven't been on 337 in quite a while...will def. get over there sooner than later. Ever been on Cold Friday Rd off of 462 in Harrison-Crawford State forest? Looks interesting from Google Earth...
Old 03-11-2013, 05:01 PM   #10524
hoghead650
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 214
Riding this Past Weekend

Badlands on Saturday. Weather was sketchy...

http://youtu.be/2Bk5vX6I2Dw
hoghead650 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 05:24 PM   #10525
Landon
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 566
Anyone going to Supercross this weekend?
Landon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 05:25 PM   #10526
Davidc83
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 454
3 of us rode the northern leg of the Hole ride (for Sunday's return). Great roads, some gravel: hint, for any cruiser or crotch rocket which may be doing the 'Hole' ride, dont do the gravel, follow the asphalt roads around-going uphill on gravel for street/crotch bikes would be manageable, but there are some down hills which could be very iffy. My baby beemer had a blast (and so did I).
Davidc83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 05:29 PM   #10527
nickgindy
Doing it Wrong

Oddometer: 2,222
Quote:
Originally Posted by Landon View Post
Im waiting to see if i get saturday time off for it.

2003 Sv650s; 2012 BMW F650GS; 1999 Suzuki Dr 350se; 2009 GSXR 600
http://www.youtube.com/fetuss10
nickgindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 05:30 PM   #10528
oPAULo
jack of all terrain

Oddometer: 3,765
Quote:
Originally Posted by Landon View Post
Still thinking about it. Dang that's a lot of money though. Might watch it live from the couch and skip the traffic.
oPAULo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 05:32 PM   #10529
BK
Electron herder

Oddometer: 395
Quote:
Originally Posted by oPAULo View Post
Still thinking about it. Dang that's a lot of money though. Might watch it live from the couch and skip the traffic.
Best seat in the house! (and the beer is cheaper)
Old 03-11-2013, 05:40 PM   #10530
oPAULo
jack of all terrain

Oddometer: 3,765
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChevalDeFer View Post
Best seat in the house! (and the beer is cheaper)
Amen to that! You just made up my mind.
oPAULo is online now   Reply With Quote