ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Central From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-18-2013, 02:36 PM   #10621
KneeKicker
Beastly Adventurer
 
KneeKicker's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2006
Location: Indiana
Oddometer: 2,628
Quote:
Originally Posted by Landon View Post
Saturday March 23rd at Redbird. Meet in the parking lot at 9:30AM. If your free and can come help it would be appreciated not only by the people who ride the trails all summer but by the other volunteers. Its my understanding that we are supposed to provide a list of names prior to showing up to work, so if you can make it please PM me your name by Thursday so I can get the names passed on.

Probably wont get many off here this weekend it is "Icebreaker" ride weekend..........oh and some of us poor schmucks have to work.

But I will try and make any others that come up.
__________________
everything looks cool on motorcycle

"I got so drunk last night I woke this morning and someone had shit my pants" Ron White
KneeKicker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 03:48 PM   #10622
Landon
Studly Adventurer
 
Landon's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2010
Location: Lebanon, IN
Oddometer: 571
Quote:
Originally Posted by KneeKicker View Post
Probably wont get many off here this weekend it is "Icebreaker" ride weekend..........oh and some of us poor schmucks have to work.

But I will try and make any others that come up.
10-4, but I have never been to help out in the past. The reason why? I have never been made aware of when it was going to be done, so now everyone knows.
__________________
Landon
06 Kaw KLX250s
09 Kaw Versys
Landon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 04:19 PM   #10623
johnson357
Bad Monkey Racing
 
johnson357's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2005
Location: Indpls, IN
Oddometer: 1,204
Quote:
Originally Posted by bogieboy View Post
I would take em off your hands if i were closer, but i dont think you wanna drive to chicago, and i dont wanna drive down south several hrs...LOL
Bummer just went to Laf. IN last weekend to sell a bicycle to a guy from Chi-town.
johnson357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 04:23 PM   #10624
MotoBoss
Bad Influence
 
MotoBoss's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2009
Location: Mid South Indiana
Oddometer: 3,621
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnson357 View Post
Bummer just went to Laf. IN last weekend to sell a bicycle to a guy from Chi-town.

you rode a bicycle all the way to Lafayette to sell a bicycle !


bet your legs hurt



oh yeah your in training.....................
__________________
Adventure Before Dementia
MotoBossMotoBlog

AdventureRiderRadio
Donate To ADV



MotoBoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 04:30 PM   #10625
johnson357
Bad Monkey Racing
 
johnson357's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2005
Location: Indpls, IN
Oddometer: 1,204
Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoBoss View Post
you rode a bicycle all the way to Lafayette to sell a bicycle !


bet your legs hurt



oh yeah your in training.....................

I wish I could ride that far
and shhhhhh don't talk about training that usually gets me in trouble on here. but on that note trying to get lots of seat time.....blazed by your house last weekend...or at least the road you told me you live on......too bad my old GS was sitting around unattended, you would of had a Wee when you came back out
johnson357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 04:32 PM   #10626
hilljak
Hayseed
 
hilljak's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2008
Location: Lost in the mulligrubs...
Oddometer: 382
69?

The treeman cometh.



From the top of that hill to the road in 2 days with this...



Things sure are changing, out here in the boonies...
__________________
_____________________________________

Proving I'm an idiot without ever speaking...
hilljak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 04:34 PM   #10627
MotoBoss
Bad Influence
 
MotoBoss's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2009
Location: Mid South Indiana
Oddometer: 3,621
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnson357 View Post
I wish I could ride that far
and shhhhhh don't talk about training that usually gets me in trouble on here. but on that note trying to get lots of seat time.....blazed by your house last weekend...or at least the road you told me you live on......too bad my old GS was sitting around unattended, you would of had a Wee when you came back out

You know where I be............stop in anytime. Weather turns we'll get it on.
__________________
Adventure Before Dementia
MotoBossMotoBlog

AdventureRiderRadio
Donate To ADV



MotoBoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 05:39 PM   #10628
KneeKicker
Beastly Adventurer
 
KneeKicker's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2006
Location: Indiana
Oddometer: 2,628
Quote:
Originally Posted by Landon View Post
10-4, but I have never been to help out in the past. The reason why? I have never been made aware of when it was going to be done, so now everyone knows.

Yeah it seems like most trail days @ Redbird in the past have been last minute notice.

And on a rainy day too.
__________________
everything looks cool on motorcycle

"I got so drunk last night I woke this morning and someone had shit my pants" Ron White
KneeKicker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 06:14 PM   #10629
drfreema
Adventurer
 
Joined: May 2010
Location: Bloomington, IN
Oddometer: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by riderIN View Post
I'm planning on going to the SB Ride as well.
As of now I plan to ride and camp.
dfye55 and I did the SB Ride last year. It is definitely a gravel/backroad ride. It's a lot of fun, though. I might be going back this year.
__________________
Mine:
2004 Kawasaki KLR 650
2005 Ducati Supersport 1000
Wife's:
2001 Kawasaki Ninja EX500R
2003 Suzuki DR-Z400E
drfreema is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 07:07 PM   #10630
RedBirdStation
Studly Adventurer
 
RedBirdStation's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2009
Location: Indiana
Oddometer: 535
Quote:
Originally Posted by KneeKicker View Post
Yeah it seems like most trail days @ Redbird in the past have been last minute notice.

And on a rainy day too.
Yep. I was wanting to get one for next month going, but Al sent me a email that they are coming this weekend.

Maybe when one of the other groups come down this summer I can get one scheduled.

Now April 6 is the first night ride of the year and JPFrogg is coming down to help clean up that day. we are looking for voluteer's for that one too. Work 1/2 day, get free lunch and ride the rest of the day.

Everybody is welcome to come out and help. I need names by March 31 to get in to help.
__________________
2007 KLR 650
2009 XR650L
Some people try to turn back their odometers.
Not me! I want people to know "why" I look this way.
I've traveled a long way and some of the roads weren't paved.
RedBirdStation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 07:31 PM   #10631
riderIN
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Sep 2012
Location: Indy
Oddometer: 204
Quote:
Originally Posted by drfreema View Post
dfye55 and I did the SB Ride last year. It is definitely a gravel/backroad ride. It's a lot of fun, though. I might be going back this year.
Did you guys trailer down there or ride?
I'm planning on riding there on Friday/backroads/ and Sunday back on Freeway.
Anybody has any suggestion for good roads i should take on the way to MO?
Hope somebody else decide to come so I don't need to ride alone.

But first need to survive the Icebreaker
riderIN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 07:35 PM   #10632
Landon
Studly Adventurer
 
Landon's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2010
Location: Lebanon, IN
Oddometer: 571
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLCBRXX View Post
Yep. I was wanting to get one for next month going, but Al sent me a email that they are coming this weekend.

Maybe when one of the other groups come down this summer I can get one scheduled.

Now April 6 is the first night ride of the year and JPFrogg is coming down to help clean up that day. we are looking for voluteer's for that one too. Work 1/2 day, get free lunch and ride the rest of the day.

Everybody is welcome to come out and help. I need names by March 31 to get in to help.
You found out about it when I did.
__________________
Landon
06 Kaw KLX250s
09 Kaw Versys
Landon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 08:19 PM   #10633
bogieboy
Studly Adventurer
 
bogieboy's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2013
Location: Clifton Springs NY
Oddometer: 878
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnson357 View Post
Bummer just went to Laf. IN last weekend to sell a bicycle to a guy from Chi-town.
Haha oh well...if ya still got em the next time youre out this way....highly unlikely though
bogieboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 08:20 PM   #10634
mickdee
Adventurer
 
Joined: Nov 2012
Location: Central Indiana
Oddometer: 72
info request on swinging bridge ride?

Can someone point me in the right direction for this swinging bridge ride....date, location, link? I'm a noobie, never heard of it. Thanks in advance for some guidance.
__________________
Mickdee
07 Suz DR650
06 KTM300xcw
00 TTR250 (nice, for sale)
mickdee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 08:30 PM   #10635
oPAULo
jack of all terrain
 
oPAULo's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2008
Location: Bedford, Indiana
Oddometer: 3,956
Quote:
Originally Posted by mickdee View Post
Can someone point me in the right direction for this swinging bridge ride....date, location, link? I'm a noobie, never heard of it. Thanks in advance for some guidance.
About 4 threads below the one your posting in.
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=858276
oPAULo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 03:27 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014