ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Central From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-09-2013, 08:08 AM   #11206
johnson357
Bad Monkey Racing

Oddometer: 1,199

These were from another inmates smugmug at the finish in Cabo... but I knew you perverts would like the checkered pants girl....actually there was 3 of them every day, I hated it, disgusting

The guy in the middle is also and inmate (mainroot) not sure if Nate on the left is. This was day 3 finish in LaPaz.

That is Mike another inmate on the right and in the middle is Dakar finisher Octavio Valle (probably butchered the spelling) Mike had met him when he rode in the Rally Mang. assit seat at a Dakar with Jonah Street. Mike was 10th overall and high finisher for our group, he also is the guy behind the Rally Navigator software, which makes it easy to make roadbooks from google maps. This was at Day 2 finish in Loreto last time I smiled that day, I crashed hard from some dehydration issues.
johnson357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 08:49 AM   #11207
nickgindy
Doing it Wrong

Oddometer: 2,439
great pics keep them coming. might as well make a whole new thread for it. i followed your spot while you were racing. was some cool shit.

In memory of IMPD Officer Perry Renn. E.O.W July 5, 2014. "I will always get out of my car."
2003 Sv650s; 2012 BMW F650GS; 1999 Suzuki Dr 350se
http://www.youtube.com/fetuss10
nickgindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 10:21 AM   #11208
RABBIT170
CB750 Adventurer

Oddometer: 111
Dyno Shops

Anyone know of a good motocycle tuner shop in northern Indiana who can install a jetkit and tune on my 99 Nighthawk 750?

thanks
2002 Nighthawk 250
RABBIT170 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 10:25 PM   #11209
TooTallRacing
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 159
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnson357 View Post
Hello Gentlemen! Got back last night safe and sound from Norra Mex1K Rally thanks to all of you who bought stickers, offered support and well wishes. The quick down and dirty is emotional roller coaster. A fellow inmate was killed by a buggy on Day 2 another guy that was with our crew broke his collar bone and had to fly out of Loreta. All the guys in the group supported by Baja Bound helped each other make it to the finish be it with medical/recovery aids for dehydration to parts and just a helping hand. A young kid from CA that was riding a Baja Bound bike was the over all M/C champ and just a great kid, unless you were a rear tire then he was abusive to you. This is a link to part of a video that they showed at the end of the Rally at the awards dinner.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qC66bnjJuj4
I'm glad you made it home safe and sorry to hear about the fatality. I love riding in Baja and can't wait to go back again, it's a special place. I'd like to hear the stories sometime.
TooTallRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 06:02 AM   #11210
MotoBoss
Bad Influence

Oddometer: 3,589
Hey Scott, glad you made it home safe. I bet it was a lifetime experience not to forget. Look forward to your full report and pictures.........

ughhh, maybe more of those checkered pants parts

AdventureRiderRadio
Donate To ADV

MotoBoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 06:46 AM   #11211
kgmx856
Adventurer

Oddometer: 75
Anyone live down in the Terre Haute/Bloomington/Bloomfield area? I want to race the next MAXC this weekend, but if it rains a bunch then no way. A guy at MAXC said the soil soaks up water really well, can anyone confirm this?

I've been watching the radar every day, it looks like they didn't get much rain today. The cell coming through today doesn't look like it will last long. Anyone know if it will be super muddy tomorrow?
kgmx856 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 06:51 AM   #11212
kgmx856
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RABBIT170 View Post
Anyone know of a good motocycle tuner shop in northern Indiana who can install a jetkit and tune on my 99 Nighthawk 750?

thanks

Jim Joy's Cycle Repair in Huntington. I used to take all my stuff there before I could fix my own stuff. Really good guy. Small shop, probably needs the work.

I haven't talked to him in years, and I'm only speculating he's still doing it.

http://www.local.com/business/detail...pair-13616811/
Old 05-10-2013, 07:42 AM   #11213
AC909
Great Job!

Oddometer: 1,078
Quote:
Originally Posted by kgmx856 View Post
Anyone live down in the Terre Haute/Bloomington/Bloomfield area? I want to race the next MAXC this weekend, but if it rains a bunch then no way. A guy at MAXC said the soil soaks up water really well, can anyone confirm this?
I would say it will be pretty good conditions. It wont be dry by any means but unless we get a huge downpoor today I dont think it will be a swamp. Tons of people have been coming in getting ready for the race so it should be a great turn out. Dont forget your skid plate foam...
http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1010764
AC909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 08:11 AM   #11214
kgmx856
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC909 View Post
I would say it will be pretty good conditions. It wont be dry by any means but unless we get a huge downpoor today I dont think it will be a swamp. Tons of people have been coming in getting ready for the race so it should be a great turn out. Dont forget your skid plate foam...
Thanks. After the IXCR at Canaan two weeks ago, I am less than enthisiastic about riding in the mud. I'm not competitive, and only ride for fun. If there's excessive mud, I DON'T have fun.
Old 05-10-2013, 09:22 AM   #11215
oPAULo
jack of all terrain

Oddometer: 3,954
Quote:
Thanks. After the IXCR at Canaan two weeks ago, I am less than enthisiastic about riding in the mud. I'm not competitive, and only ride for fun. If there's excessive mud, I DON'T have fun.
Amen to that! Thinking about doing the GNCC next weekend.
oPAULo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 09:26 AM   #11216
DirtRiderwjc2000
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 545
Quote:
I am sure it would be muddy, but not sure how bad. Can't be as bad as the IXCR, btw how did you do? I did 3 laps and got stuck for a while on my 3rd lap. I am glad they took out the very slick downhill.
Old 05-10-2013, 09:58 AM   #11217
kgmx856
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtRiderwjc2000 View Post
I am sure it would be muddy, but not sure how bad. Can't be as bad as the IXCR, btw how did you do? I did 3 laps and got stuck for a while on my 3rd lap. I am glad they took out the very slick downhill.
That downhill was awful, I laid the bike down to stop. I finished 3 laps with the hill being my only crash. I rode B lites and finished 12th. Stopped a few times to check my rekluse clutch cable tension and suck down some dihydrogen monoxide.

I hated every second, but glad I finished.
Old 05-10-2013, 04:33 PM   #11218
knudsen
Peanut Gallery Sup.

Oddometer: 186
Quote:
Originally Posted by zamboni9 View Post
Mine has seen dirt. Although not as much as I'd like.
Uhhh, whatya got growin there next to the corn?
Old 05-10-2013, 05:18 PM   #11219
zamboni9
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,133
Quote:
Originally Posted by knudsen View Post
Uhhh, whatya got growin there next to the corn?
I cannot discuss.
"...a Ural is to gravel, what a hovercraft is to water.."-IndyChizzle
zamboni9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 05:57 PM   #11220
BK
Electron herder

Oddometer: 475
Anyone recognize this place?

Rode out to the shootin' match at the HHRP range in Gnawbone yesterday. Right through the storm and stayed dry as a bone. Klim gear is great! .

BK screwed with this post 05-10-2013 at 06:59 PM
BK is offline   Reply With Quote