ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Central From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-20-2013, 10:53 AM   #11296
indypup
╭∩╮( . )╭∩╮

Oddometer: 3,248
Quote:
Originally Posted by tpar1220 View Post
Dont know what it is about ohio.. But every time I go.....

I got a flat this time around too Tpar. Stupid front tire got a hole in it. I'm running the tubliss system so I didn't even notice it was flat until I got on a road section. I finished the day on a front flat. I put some slime in when I got back to cabin and pumped it up to 50 PSI and let it set saturday night. It held air all night. Now I have the fun time of cleaning the freakn mess up and patching the tire. :(

So what did you think of mudfest 2013?
Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist hangs his head out the window! Be real, be whole, be innovative.
indypup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 04:16 PM   #11297
Killer Whale KTM
Life is the adventure!

Oddometer: 712
Thanks Nickgindy,
I'll check it out. Any other advise ?
thanks,
Killer Whale KTM
Old 05-20-2013, 04:23 PM   #11298
Mr.Dabalina
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 188
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer Whale KTM View Post
Hi Guy's,
My name is Jeff, I go by Killer Whale KTM on this site. I'm from Ellettsville/Bloomington, but I've been living in North Georgia for 30 yr's or so. I ride a KTM 990 and am looking for some dirt close to Bloomington. My bike is more talented than me so when I ride by myself (almost always) I try to stay out of the really hard or deep stuff. But ,hey I open for all ideas. Maybe near Ellettsville, Nashville or in or around some of the national forests or parks. I'm here to work but hope to get in a few rides in the week day evenings , since I usually drive back to GA for weekends.
Thanks in advance and as we say in Georgia..............Hey !
If you have a GPS u could check out previous years HNF rides.
Mr.Dabalina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 05:06 PM   #11299
dfye55
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 231
ride ideas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Dabalina View Post
If you have a GPS u could check out previous years HNF rides.
I have a pdf file of day 2 adventure ride from last year's Bufalloe 500, if you want to print and cut for a route chart. It starts and ends at Stoney Lonesome MC club on SR46 between Columbus and Nashville.

Don
Old 05-20-2013, 05:09 PM   #11300
rustycager
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 398
It's official. My first bike and 4 stroke is a DRZ. Met up with LATJ and gave his a new home. Even though I'm a professional body builder he helped me load it. Thanks again! We made it home without any problems.

It will be tomorrow before I get into it much. With any luck I'll pass the permit test and be able to take it for a good spin. It's been a few years since I've ridden a bike so I'll have to take my time getting used to it before I get out and ride with you guys. I do look forward to it though and from the tag thread many of us will be riding in the same area.

What kind of oil do you guys run in these? Would rotella 15w40 be a good choice? I'm open for suggestions on good tires geared more for street also. First impression of the seat is it may have to go. If I need to ask these type questions in another area let me know because I have a ton.
rustycager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 05:23 PM   #11301
AC909
Great Job!

Oddometer: 957
Cool RR Don. Looked like a lot of fun!
Old 05-20-2013, 05:38 PM   #11302
oPAULo
jack of all terrain

Oddometer: 3,804
Quote:
Originally Posted by rustycager View Post
It's official. My first bike and 4 stroke is a DRZ. Met up with LATJ and gave his a new home. Even though I'm a professional body builder he helped me load it. Thanks again! We made it home without any problems.

It will be tomorrow before I get into it much. With any luck I'll pass the permit test and be able to take it for a good spin. It's been a few years since I've ridden a bike so I'll have to take my time getting used to it before I get out and ride with you guys. I do look forward to it though and from the tag thread many of us will be riding in the same area.

What kind of oil do you guys run in these? Would rotella 15w40 be a good choice? I'm open for suggestions on good tires geared more for street also. First impression of the seat is it may have to go. If I need to ask these type questions in another area let me know because I have a ton.
Hey congrats Rusty!! Welcome aboard.
I've got some decent 50/50 tires here you can have if you want.
As far as technical info about the bike, get over to the DRZ400 subforum on thumpertalk. It's a wealth of info. ADV has a thread but it's all jammed into 1 thread.
As far as oil?? Ha! 12 people will recommend 12 different things and all swear by it.
PM me for my recommendation. I swear by it.
oPAULo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 05:43 PM   #11303
oPAULo
jack of all terrain

Jury duty was awesome today, because I was not selected.
Tooslow helped me celebrate.
Old 05-20-2013, 05:57 PM   #11304
gplane
Brush With Destiny

Oddometer: 803
Quote:

Great bike.
Near bulletproof.
Opaulo and the banana bike are the stuff of legend!
gplane is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 06:12 PM   #11305
oPAULo
jack of all terrain

Quote:
Originally Posted by gplane View Post
Great bike.
Near bulletproof.
Opaulo and the banana bike are the stuff of legend!
Old 05-20-2013, 06:14 PM   #11306
gtackett
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 699
Quote:
Originally Posted by oPAULo View Post
Jury duty was awesome today, because I was not selected.
Tooslow helped me celebrate.
Is that the dead end road in the HNF Near Robertson Cemetery? Just guessing...I haven't made it there yet.
gtackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 06:27 PM   #11307
oPAULo
jack of all terrain

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtackett View Post
Is that the dead end road in the HNF Near Robertson Cemetery? Just guessing...I haven't made it there yet.
Yup! It was a good time. A few sloppy spots. Would be a real mess after a good rain but was fine today.
Old 05-20-2013, 06:35 PM   #11308
rustycager
Gnarly Adventurer

Stay out of the water puddles if you leave the road. They need to take down gates and dump less cement.
Old 05-20-2013, 08:03 PM   #11309
Btown Jason
Substitute

Oddometer: 105
Congrats!

Quote:

I bet you'll be "used to it" before you know. They say it's just like riding a bike.
Old 05-20-2013, 08:47 PM   #11310
rustycager
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Btown Jason View Post
I bet you'll be "used to it" before you know. They say it's just like riding a bike.
I think they lie. My bike has more room. Plus you have to pedal it.