ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Central From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-20-2013, 10:27 PM   #11311
tpar1220 OP
such a pud..

Oddometer: 2,490
Quote:
Originally Posted by indypup View Post
I got a flat this time around too Tpar. Stupid front tire got a hole in it. I'm running the tubliss system so I didn't even notice it was flat until I got on a road section. I finished the day on a front flat. I put some slime in when I got back to cabin and pumped it up to 50 PSI and let it set saturday night. It held air all night. Now I have the fun time of cleaning the freakn mess up and patching the tire. :(

So what did you think of mudfest 2013?
there were a few sections that had some challenge to em but not too bad, overall it should have been pretty easy. but that freakin mud made it out to be the hardest i have ridden on an easy ride... if that makes any sense.

at one point we were riding on a section that had recently been cleared by a dozer. it was wider than a state road but was prolly 6" deep the whole way... several miles of it! i had to stop to glance at roll chart to be sure i had not missed a turn (cuz you didn't dare take eyes off trail ahead of you for a second!) after a minute rick pulled up and gave me a look.. and at least 50 drops of sweat dripped from under his helmet onto his seat/tank. i thought i was only only one struggling with it that bad... guess not.

on another section i was slippin n slidin so much i dumped it on right side, i got up and took couple steps and my feet weighed bout 50lbs each from all the mud. i picked bike up and feet slipped back a lil and damn if i didn't dump it on left side... and it drug me over on top of it, so i was laying on bike. looked up and rick was sittin there laughing. i was whooped from that point on. we opted out of the last section leading to hero section as we were both tired of that shit.. we bailed for the firehouse for free bike wash then back to camp where i went on reserve... at 50 or so miles!! so... not only was i bustin my butt on that stuff, but apparently bike was workin pretty hard too.

but i did get to ride with a buddy and have some fun... and met some cool people round a campfire sippin beers. also really liked the lodge and their food. good stuff indeed. so... no complaints.

but... phuck that mud..

There will only be two things left moving after WW3.
Cockroaches & KLRs.
tpar1220 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 10:47 PM   #11312
nickgindy
Doing it Wrong

Oddometer: 2,311
Quote:
Originally Posted by rustycager View Post
It's official. My first bike and 4 stroke is a DRZ. Met up with LATJ and gave his a new home. Even though I'm a professional body builder he helped me load it. Thanks again! We made it home without any problems.

It will be tomorrow before I get into it much. With any luck I'll pass the permit test and be able to take it for a good spin. It's been a few years since I've ridden a bike so I'll have to take my time getting used to it before I get out and ride with you guys. I do look forward to it though and from the tag thread many of us will be riding in the same area.

What kind of oil do you guys run in these? Would rotella 15w40 be a good choice? I'm open for suggestions on good tires geared more for street also. First impression of the seat is it may have to go. If I need to ask these type questions in another area let me know because I have a ton.
Congrats.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oPAULo View Post
As far as oil?? Ha! 12 people will recommend 12 different things and all swear by it.
PM me for my recommendation. I swear by it.
Don't listen to his info it is completely wrong. Message me and I'll tell you what to use. I swear by it.

2003 Sv650s; 2012 BMW F650GS; 1999 Suzuki Dr 350se; 2009 GSXR 600
http://www.youtube.com/fetuss10
nickgindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 03:54 AM   #11313
Mr.Dabalina
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 188
Quote:
Yup! It was a good time. A few sloppy spots. Would be a real mess after a good rain but was fine today.
I rode out there by myself. Was a good time until my back tire slid into one of those big ruts and hung me up for 45 minutes. I was just about to start walking until I gave it one last go.

Mr.Dabalina screwed with this post 05-21-2013 at 03:18 PM
Mr.Dabalina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 04:05 AM   #11314
Killer Whale KTM
Life is the adventure!

Oddometer: 712
Thanks Dabblina and dfye55,
Maybe I should get a GPS but I'm sort of a map guy. I get out my smarter than me phone sometimes though !
Killer Whale KTM
Old 05-21-2013, 08:50 AM   #11315
johnson357
Bad Monkey Racing

Oddometer: 1,137
Ok, while waiting around for foundation estimates this morning I've started working on a half assed ride report....mostly just pics, here is the linky.

http://advrider.com/forums/showthrea...6#post21456916
johnson357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 08:57 AM   #11316
zamboni9
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 949
Anyone else out riding this morning? ;)

East of San Diego
Triumph Bonneville T100
"...a Ural is to gravel, what a hovercraft is to water.."-IndyChizzle
zamboni9 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 09:21 AM   #11317
Falkin88
n00b

Oddometer: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Dabalina View Post
I rode out there by myself. Was good time until my back tire slid into one of those big ruts and hung me up for 45 minutes. I was just about to start walking until I gave it one last go.
Don't feel bad I did that exact same thing myself slid off got it turned 90 degrees across the trail and it was pretty much just high centered between two ruts. Took me forever to get out of that one.
Falkin88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 07:16 PM   #11318
Old Broken Marine
Adventurer

Oddometer: 85
Sunday Ride

[QUOTE][
Finally getting around to posting some pics from Sundays ride hope everyone enjoys.
/QUOTE]
Quote:
We started out south of Bloomfield.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
We rode some good gravel roads
Quote:
Quote:
We did a little dirt along the way.
Quote:
Our tour guide (dmay) for the day at the Duck Pond.
Quote:
Quote:
We wandered through Greene Sullivan Forest.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Passed by the coal mine.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Then we hit Red Bird for a while.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Had to climb the old hills it had been 30 years since I had been there, you can see soupbill ready with the camera. I will get his SD card and post a few more pics.
Quote:
Road along White River on the way back to Bloomfield.
Quote:
Future I69
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Finnishing up the day rolling back into Bedford another great ride completed!
Quote:

Old Broken Marine screwed with this post 05-21-2013 at 07:41 PM
Old Broken Marine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 07:17 PM   #11319
rustycager
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 424
Well I passed the permit test and only missing 2 questions. Put about 10 miles on it today getting used to riding again. Still not liking the seat and have to buy a new helmet tomorrow. Mine is getting old and the foam fell apart getting into my eyes. If I can't find what I want here I may ride up to revsport later this week since it looks like they have a good selection of stuff like that.
Life is good.
rustycager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 07:37 PM   #11320
gtackett
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 700
[QUOTE=Old Broken Marine;21461835]
Quote:
[
[FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3][COLOR=#000000][COLOR=white]Finally getting around to posting some pics from Sundays ride hope everyone enjoys.
Ok. I really need to make one of these rides. Looks like you hit a bunch of great spots.

A few years ago I climbed that powerline hill too ...for the first time in about 20 years.
gtackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 07:49 PM   #11321
Old Broken Marine
Adventurer

Laugh Lets go!

[QUOTE=gtackett;21462024]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Broken Marine View Post

Ok. I really need to make one of these rides. Looks like you hit a bunch of great spots.

A few years ago I climbed that powerline hill too ...for the first time in about 20 years.

Quote:
I told you to let me know when you have a free day, I have been known to take a (mental health day) day off work to ride
Old 05-21-2013, 07:49 PM   #11322
oPAULo
jack of all terrain

Oddometer: 3,835
Great pics OBM!! That's the old drag line! Was it running? I went looking for it last year but it had been moved. A couple guys here have been inside it.

Would love to get out with you guys!
oPAULo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 08:22 PM   #11323
Falkin88
n00b

Oddometer: 7
Well the time has come for me to leave Bloomington, IN. I start my new job in Rochester, IN next week. Anyone have any good ride recommendations in the flat corn lands?
Falkin88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 08:28 PM   #11324
Old Broken Marine
Adventurer

When you want to go?

Quote:
Great pics OBM!! That's the old drag line! Was it running? I went looking for it last year but it had been moved. A couple guys here have been inside it.

Would love to get out with you guys!

Quote:
The old dragline was not running at this time, Paul let me know when your ready and we will go.
Old 05-21-2013, 08:31 PM   #11325
jallenb
taking the backroads

Oddometer: 50
Thank you for the pics OBM! You guys get me staring at G maps SAT photos for at least an hour every time you post ride pics. Can't wait to hit these spots...in my spare time.

--
Jason
jallenb is offline   Reply With Quote