ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Central From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-22-2013, 03:25 AM   #11326
zamboni9
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 941
Quote:
Originally Posted by rustycager View Post
Well I passed the permit test and only missing 2 questions. Put about 10 miles on it today getting used to riding again. Still not liking the seat and have to buy a new helmet tomorrow. Mine is getting old and the foam fell apart getting into my eyes. If I can't find what I want here I may ride up to revsport later this week since it looks like they have a good selection of stuff like that.
Life is good.
Don't like the DRZ seat after only 10 miles? You bought a dirt bike. Don't be a pansy, muscleman. Perhaps a Harley Ultra Classic or Honda Goldwing would be more your style. :)
"...a Ural is to gravel, what a hovercraft is to water.."-IndyChizzle

zamboni9 screwed with this post 05-22-2013 at 03:34 AM
zamboni9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 07:54 AM   #11327
oPAULo
jack of all terrain

Oddometer: 3,830
I had a Suzuki gel seat for a while. I HATED it. I found the stock seat to be way more comfortable. Still, after about 2 hours, I'm standing up and squirming all over it. TooSlo just got a seat concepts for his KTM and it feels really nice.
oPAULo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 08:04 AM   #11328
tpar1220 OP
such a pud..

Oddometer: 2,487
seat on my 300 is a seat concept seat. i just did two 100 mile dual sport rides with each being 80% singletrack. i never thought about my ass being sore on either ride.

i guess that bodes well for the seat...

There will only be two things left moving after WW3.
Cockroaches & KLRs.
tpar1220 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 08:58 AM   #11329
knudsen
Peanut Gallery Sup.

Oddometer: 186
Gotta have a good seat if you suffer GDS
Old 05-22-2013, 09:08 AM   #11330
knudsen
Peanut Gallery Sup.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Broken Marine View Post
Finally getting around to posting some pics from Sundays ride hope everyone enjoys.
Great pics shipmate! Thanks for posting.
Old 05-22-2013, 09:33 AM   #11331
rustycager
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 422
Quote:
Originally Posted by zamboni9 View Post
Don't like the DRZ seat after only 10 miles? You bought a dirt bike. Don't be a pansy, muscleman. Perhaps a Harley Ultra Classic or Honda Goldwing would be more your style. :)

Actually regular dirt bike seats are more comfortable for me since they are narrower.
rustycager is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 10:18 AM   #11332
KneeKicker
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,625
Quote:
Actually regular dirt bike seats are more comfortable for me since they are narrower.

You could always try this

"I got so drunk last night I woke this morning and someone had shit my pants" Ron White
KneeKicker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 10:30 AM   #11333
mbabc
Curmudgeon trainee

Oddometer: 1,737
DRZ 400sm...

Somebody just bought a sweet DRZ 400SM on the Indy craigslist.

Not me but I know who!
I don't know what time it is, I've switched to kilometers
mbabc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 10:33 AM   #11334
indypup
╭∩╮( . )╭∩╮

Oddometer: 3,362
Quote:
Well I passed the permit test and only missing 2 questions. Put about 10 miles on it today getting used to riding again. Still not liking the seat and have to buy a new helmet tomorrow. Mine is getting old and the foam fell apart getting into my eyes. If I can't find what I want here I may ride up to revsport later this week since it looks like they have a good selection of stuff like that.
Life is good.
Oh don't feel bad. The seat is usually the first thing people change on any bike. ;) I also have a seat concepts and like it very much. ;)
Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist hangs his head out the window! Be real, be whole, be innovative.
indypup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 11:01 AM   #11335
dfye55
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 237
seat alternative

Quote:
Life is good.
Before anyone messes with seats, I recommend you change your pants. Start with tri-athlete shorts for base wear. I use https://runnersstop.com/item/156051 they are very lightly padded but most important have smooth seams. Any other base layer causes me discomfort.

I am using stock seats on my road bicycle and all my motorcycles with little discomfort, even when I spend over 7 hours in the saddle.

For hot weather, it's just the tri short and Olympia mesh pant with armor. When it's a bit cooler, I add guide pants http://www.gandermountain.com/modper...s.cgi?i=445907 for a layer. In cold weather or rain, I add the Olympia's liner.

Works for me, something to consider.

dfye55 screwed with this post 05-22-2013 at 11:02 AM Reason: correct guide pant link
dfye55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 12:21 PM   #11336
LATJ
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 541
Quote:
Life is good.
It's already got a Seat Concepts seat on it... Sorry man, that's about as good as it gets!

Save 5 bucks when signing up for SmugMug. Enter coupon code: hgeNbdcSOWAXM
LATJ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 12:36 PM   #11337
rustycager
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 422
Quote:
Originally Posted by dfye55 View Post
Before anyone messes with seats, I recommend you change your pants. Start with tri-athlete shorts for base wear. I use https://runnersstop.com/item/156051 they are very lightly padded but most important have smooth seams. Any other base layer causes me discomfort.

I am using stock seats on my road bicycle and all my motorcycles with little discomfort, even when I spend over 7 hours in the saddle.

For hot weather, it's just the tri short and Olympia mesh pant with armor. When it's a bit cooler, I add guide pants http://www.gandermountain.com/modper...s.cgi?i=445907 for a layer. In cold weather or rain, I add the Olympia's liner.

Works for me, something to consider.
This is comfy on the ass it's just wide and digs in the inside of my legs.
rustycager is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 01:16 PM   #11338
Mr.Dabalina
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 188
Quote:
Life is good.
If you are getting foam dropping from your helmet, saying its getting old is like saying Kim Kardashian may have a big butt. Go checkout revsport. Nathan (AC909 on this forum) is da man up there. Great with answering question I may have. Although anyone there could help you.

Mr.Dabalina screwed with this post 05-22-2013 at 01:34 PM
Mr.Dabalina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 05:34 PM   #11339
knudsen
Peanut Gallery Sup.

I need to get my wife to sew me a new seat cover anyway, so I'm adding some cush for the tush http://www.diymotorcycleseat.com/modify_2.htm Nothing radical like they do, but I want to hack off the unused back 25% and make it a bit thicker. Good information on that site for the DIY types. With an old SP, it's either DIY or nothin' Gotta finish some suspension work first. Waiting on a bearing for the front, and for my lazy ass to make some bushin's and do some testing on the back. Lots to do...
Old 05-22-2013, 07:30 PM   #11340
TripleThreat719
Track Addict ADV Wannabe

Oddometer: 279
Controversial Topic, I Know...

Looking for some tire advice...

Heading out to ride the UTBDR in June on my 2003 KTM 640 Adventure. I'll be riding for 9 days with a buddy and camping most nights. The bike will be loaded. It will be equipped with a Rekluse clutch by the time I leave on the trip.

I currently have a set of Pirelli MT 90 Scorpions on the bike that replaced a set of Mefo Super Explorers.

The Mefos wore like iron on the bike, but when I went to replace them I had purchased a Husqvarna TE 310, which I now use off road, so I decided a bit more tame of a tire would be the better option for the 640.

However, now that I have this trip planned to Utah, I am wondering if I should opt for a more knobby-based tire for the trip...

Thoughts? Recommendations?

Any experience with the MT 90's in sandy terrain?
2003 KTM 640 Adventure
2009 Husqvarna TE 310
TripleThreat719 is offline   Reply With Quote