ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Central From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 06-06-2013, 09:57 AM   #11581
dougfromindy
I smell premix
 
dougfromindy's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2008
Location: Indpls, IN Lexington, MI
Oddometer: 2,259
ride to UP next week?

I have next week off.
I will loop lower Michigan on weestrom.
Anyone interested in a week long tour of UP?
dougfromindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 10:08 AM   #11582
nickgindy
Doing it Wrong
 
nickgindy's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2011
Location: Indianapolis, Indiana
Oddometer: 2,440
Quote:
Originally Posted by racercorky View Post
Where you from? Lawrence?
Yep in Lawrence
__________________

In memory of IMPD Officer Perry Renn. E.O.W July 5, 2014. "I will always get out of my car."
2003 Sv650s; 2012 BMW F650GS; 1999 Suzuki Dr 350se
http://www.youtube.com/fetuss10
nickgindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 11:21 AM   #11583
jallenb
taking the backroads
 
jallenb's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2013
Location: Greenwood, IN
Oddometer: 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by dfye55 View Post
Mythbusters confirmed for us last night that crossing a deep water crossing up to 300 feet is possible...

(sorry, gotta watch commercial first)
http://dsc.discovery.com/tv-shows/my...-aqua-bike.htm

Well, I'll never do it that way, but fun to watch anyway, and I suspect some inmates have skipped water like this.

Anyone know what Indiana business Jamie references in the show, I think he said Service Power Sports? I think he also said they provided 250 class aluminum frame with a 600cc 2 stroke for extreme light weight and high power.
The water crossing was pretty cool, although done with the most optimal equipment. SPS received some great advertising there; I hope they donated those two bikes. It looks like they are up in Hammond.
jallenb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 11:47 AM   #11584
racercorky
DerangedDualSporters
 
racercorky's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2011
Location: Montgomery Texas
Oddometer: 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickgindy View Post
Yep in Lawrence
I have a super secret single track I'll have to show you.
__________________
"I want to pass peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming in terror like his passengers."*
racercorky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 11:53 AM   #11585
szramer
Gnarly Adventurer
 
szramer's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2012
Location: Indianapolis/ UE
Oddometer: 241
Quote:
Originally Posted by racercorky View Post
I have a super secret single track I'll have to show you.
We know that place
__________________
84'XT600Tenere ';08'450SXF 02'ZX12R 06'R6R;10'R6R<HSBK>
szramer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 12:10 PM   #11586
Buckeye105
Adventurer
 
Buckeye105's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2013
Location: Fishers, IN
Oddometer: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickgindy View Post
single lane roads with historic looking old factories.
So need to bring a bunch of spray cans and cross out gang graffiti with ADV and mark our turf/ route.
Buckeye105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 02:58 PM   #11587
zamboni9
Beastly Adventurer
 
zamboni9's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2012
Location: Greenwood, IN
Oddometer: 1,144
I need a tire installer recommendation in south Indy. I'm thinking of trying 35 Motorsports.
__________________
Dual Sport Riders for Striders Charity Ride May 16, 2015
http://www.facebook.com/ridersforstriders
Suzuki DR-Z400SM, Ural T
"...a Ural is to gravel, what a hovercraft is to water.."-IndyChizzle
zamboni9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 04:32 PM   #11588
TooSlow4U
2 Wheel Wonder Rider
 
TooSlow4U's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2008
Location: Bedford, IN
Oddometer: 1,075
Reclaimed Youth...

This must be the year for reclaiming our youth in the form of formerly ridden playtoys. On my 8th Christmas in 1976, I was the luckiest kid in the entire world as one of my older brothers rode my very 1st bike, the '74 Honda MR50 Elsinore that started my two wheeled passion) down the hallway of our house (against my Mother's wishes) and parked it under our family Christmas tree with my name on the tag. It was love at first sight and I distinctly remember riding it later that day and then washing it and cleaning it with a toothbrush and parking it in my room after every ride for the next month or so. That was, until Mom kicked it out of the house and it went to live in the garage from then on. I rode that bike for the next 4 years until passing it on to my nephew when I moved on up to a '7? Harley Davidson 125 at the age of 12 and then wised up and found a '79 Honda XL75 at the age of 14....

Fast forward 33+ years....

I get a call from a family friend that says "Hey Frank, I just found your original MR50... you want me to snag it up for ya and hold it until you can get out here (upstate NY) from Indiana and retrieve it?" ... Heck YES!! Soooooo....a week and a half ago, after not seeing it all those years, it now appears on my showroom floor. Super cool, super sweet....and a bit rougher than I had left it all those years ago.


__________________
2003 KTM 525 E/XC - APC (Austrian Punkin' Chucker II) - FOR SALE
2005 Yamaha FJR1300ABS - FOR SALE







TooSlow4U is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 05:06 PM   #11589
nickgindy
Doing it Wrong
 
nickgindy's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2011
Location: Indianapolis, Indiana
Oddometer: 2,440
Does it run and ride?
__________________

In memory of IMPD Officer Perry Renn. E.O.W July 5, 2014. "I will always get out of my car."
2003 Sv650s; 2012 BMW F650GS; 1999 Suzuki Dr 350se
http://www.youtube.com/fetuss10
nickgindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 05:23 PM   #11590
tpar1220 OP
such a pud..
 
tpar1220's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2007
Location: martinsville... ish, in.
Oddometer: 2,550
Quote:
Originally Posted by TooSlow4U View Post
This must be the year for reclaiming our youth in the form of formerly ridden playtoys. On my 8th Christmas in 1976, I was the luckiest kid in the entire world as one of my older brothers rode my very 1st bike, the '74 Honda MR50 Elsinore that started my two wheeled passion) down the hallway of our house (against my Mother's wishes) and parked it under our family Christmas tree with my name on the tag. It was love at first sight and I distinctly remember riding it later that day and then washing it and cleaning it with a toothbrush and parking it in my room after every ride for the next month or so. That was, until Mom kicked it out of the house and it went to live in the garage from then on. I rode that bike for the next 4 years until passing it on to my nephew when I moved on up to a '7? Harley Davidson 125 at the age of 12 and then wised up and found a '79 Honda XL75 at the age of 14....

Fast forward 33+ years....

I get a call from a family friend that says "Hey Frank, I just found your original MR50... you want me to snag it up for ya and hold it until you can get out here (upstate NY) from Indiana and retrieve it?" ... Heck YES!! Soooooo....a week and a half ago, after not seeing it all those years, it now appears on my showroom floor. Super cool, super sweet....and a bit rougher than I had left it all those years ago.


Why the stretch? Don't tell me yall were hill climbin that lil thing.
__________________
this thing is AWESOME... and makes the mach V look like a vagina!

There will only be two things left moving after WW3.
Cockroaches & KLRs.
tpar1220 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 05:29 PM   #11591
dougfromindy
I smell premix
 
dougfromindy's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2008
Location: Indpls, IN Lexington, MI
Oddometer: 2,259
Quote:
Originally Posted by zamboni9 View Post
I need a tire installer recommendation in south Indy. I'm thinking of trying 35 Motorsports.
This is your place.
dougfromindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 05:43 PM   #11592
TooSlow4U
2 Wheel Wonder Rider
 
TooSlow4U's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2008
Location: Bedford, IN
Oddometer: 1,075
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickgindy View Post
Does it run and ride?
I was told that it runs still. The fuel tank was emptied before it was transported out from NY a couple weeks ago. I haven't taken the time to do anything with it except reminisce so far. It'll be a fun resto project this winter when the snow is flying again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpar1220 View Post
Why the stretch? Don't tell me yall were hill climbin that lil thing.
I didn't climb it when I had it but evidently, somewhere down the line, someone decided to extend the stock swingarm, add a Basani pipe and send their kid up a hill or two. When I seen the bike last, it was bone stock as the day that I saw the twinkle lights from the Christmas tree gleaming off the gas cap.
__________________
2003 KTM 525 E/XC - APC (Austrian Punkin' Chucker II) - FOR SALE
2005 Yamaha FJR1300ABS - FOR SALE







TooSlow4U is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 06:05 PM   #11593
tpar1220 OP
such a pud..
 
tpar1220's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2007
Location: martinsville... ish, in.
Oddometer: 2,550
Well seing as how you guys are somehow coming cross your ol bikes.. Will someone please locate my ol rickman. I sure would appreciate it..

Lasr seen in westport... Round 78 Or 79.
__________________
this thing is AWESOME... and makes the mach V look like a vagina!

There will only be two things left moving after WW3.
Cockroaches & KLRs.
tpar1220 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 06:28 PM   #11594
TooSlow4U
2 Wheel Wonder Rider
 
TooSlow4U's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2008
Location: Bedford, IN
Oddometer: 1,075
Quote:
Originally Posted by tpar1220 View Post
Well seing as how you guys are somehow coming cross your ol bikes.. Will someone please locate my ol rickman. I sure would appreciate it..

Lasr seen in westport... Round 78 Or 79.
Sounds like a fun scoutimg trip for a Sunday. There's less than 1,400 people in Westport, IN as of the last census in 2010. Got any pics? Serial/Model #'s?? Someone there has got to know something...or where it traveled to, etc, etc... Let's go find it!
__________________
2003 KTM 525 E/XC - APC (Austrian Punkin' Chucker II) - FOR SALE
2005 Yamaha FJR1300ABS - FOR SALE







TooSlow4U is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 06:38 PM   #11595
KneeKicker
Beastly Adventurer
 
KneeKicker's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2006
Location: Indiana
Oddometer: 2,628
Quote:
Originally Posted by tpar1220 View Post
Well seing as how you guys are somehow coming cross your ol bikes.. Will someone please locate my ol rickman. I sure would appreciate it..

Lasr seen in westport... Round 78 Or 79.
I'm guessing it's right where you left it......I don't think they ever haul anything off,just mow around it.

If you get to Westport take the road that goes out by there water plant there is a guy out there that has a barn full of old Triumphs.
__________________
everything looks cool on motorcycle

"I got so drunk last night I woke this morning and someone had shit my pants" Ron White
KneeKicker is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 03:30 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014