ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Thumpers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 11-07-2011, 11:01 AM   #1636
Spud Rider
Beastly Adventurer
 
Spud Rider's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2008
Location: Idaho
Oddometer: 3,705
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpencerCompton View Post
I am going to start some pre-winter maintenance on the TW and need some advice. I will be pulling the carb and cleaning that. The carb rebuild kits seem to be junk from what I've gathered. Does anyone have a list of part numbers on the gasket's I will need? OEM or aftermarket is fine.

Also, has anybody here mounted givi(e21's specifically) to the cycle rack pannier kit? I have the givi lug kit and plan on making a metal bracket that mounts to the pannier rack when that arrives. Any insight on that too?
Do you own a later model bike with the Teikei, MV28, CV carburetor? If so, you probably won't need any gaskets.

Spud
__________________
2005 XR650L: Shorai Battery Relocation, Spud Oil Cooler, XR650R C/S Sprocket, Reinforced Subframe, Chain Slipper Roller, Performance Design Lowering Link, Baja Designs Headlight, FMF Hi-Flo Header, ManRacks SD Rack, ManRacks Front Fender Farkle, CST Surge I Front Tire, D952 Rear Tire, Tusk D-Flex Handguards, Uni Air Filter, No-Toil Evolution air filter oil
Spud Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 12:46 PM   #1637
DingDangKid
The milk man.
 
DingDangKid's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2009
Location: North Central, PA
Oddometer: 2,214
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spud Rider View Post
Do you own a later model bike with the Teikei, MV28, CV carburetor? If so, you probably won't need any gaskets.

Spud
It's an 06 so I doubt any of them will need to replace any of them. I've put nearly 5k miles on it in the last year and a half most of them being single/double track so I'm not sure what it will look like when I open it up.

-Spencer
__________________
2006 TW200 85mpg
1981 Honda CM400T
DingDangKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 02:35 PM   #1638
frog13
Beastly Adventurer
 
frog13's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Location: SW Ohio
Oddometer: 1,303
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpencerCompton View Post
I am going to start some pre-winter maintenance on the TW and need some advice. I will be pulling the carb and cleaning that. The carb rebuild kits seem to be junk from what I've gathered. Does anyone have a list of part numbers on the gasket's I will need? OEM or aftermarket is fine.

Also, has anybody here mounted givi(e21's specifically) to the cycle rack pannier kit? I have the givi lug kit and plan on making a metal bracket that mounts to the pannier rack when that arrives. Any insight on that too?

The bikebandit part number for the bowl gasket is #1212790.....tried to find a Yamaha #...crazy computer day!.
frog13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 02:53 PM   #1639
Spud Rider
Beastly Adventurer
 
Spud Rider's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2008
Location: Idaho
Oddometer: 3,705
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpencerCompton View Post
It's an 06 so I doubt any of them will need to replace any of them. I've put nearly 5k miles on it in the last year and a half most of them being single/double track so I'm not sure what it will look like when I open it up.

-Spencer
If you haven't allowed fuel to sit in the float bowl for extended periods of time, your carburetor will probably look as clean as a whistle. Also, if you aren't having any fuel related problems, you probably won't need to replace any of the carburetor parts.

Spud
__________________
2005 XR650L: Shorai Battery Relocation, Spud Oil Cooler, XR650R C/S Sprocket, Reinforced Subframe, Chain Slipper Roller, Performance Design Lowering Link, Baja Designs Headlight, FMF Hi-Flo Header, ManRacks SD Rack, ManRacks Front Fender Farkle, CST Surge I Front Tire, D952 Rear Tire, Tusk D-Flex Handguards, Uni Air Filter, No-Toil Evolution air filter oil
Spud Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 03:37 PM   #1640
DingDangKid
The milk man.
 
DingDangKid's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2009
Location: North Central, PA
Oddometer: 2,214
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spud Rider View Post
If you haven't allowed fuel to sit in the float bowl for extended periods of time, your carburetor will probably look as clean as a whistle. Also, if you aren't having any fuel related problems, you probably won't need to replace any of the carburetor parts.

Spud
The only problem I've had is what I believe to be a dirty low speed yet. In order to get a proper start I need to leave the choke on for 15-30 seconds. After I ride the bike for a minute or two it's back to normal.
__________________
2006 TW200 85mpg
1981 Honda CM400T
DingDangKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 06:19 PM   #1641
Spud Rider
Beastly Adventurer
 
Spud Rider's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2008
Location: Idaho
Oddometer: 3,705
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpencerCompton View Post
The only problem I've had is what I believe to be a dirty low speed yet. In order to get a proper start I need to leave the choke on for 15-30 seconds. After I ride the bike for a minute or two it's back to normal.
The TW200/XT225 engine is notoriously cold-blooded. If the engine is cold, even in the summertime, I usually need to ride the bike with the fuel enrichener slightly engaged for the first one or two miles. However, after the engine warms up a bit, it's happy, and so am I. If you don't need to do this, your carburetor is probably jetted too rich.

Spud
__________________
2005 XR650L: Shorai Battery Relocation, Spud Oil Cooler, XR650R C/S Sprocket, Reinforced Subframe, Chain Slipper Roller, Performance Design Lowering Link, Baja Designs Headlight, FMF Hi-Flo Header, ManRacks SD Rack, ManRacks Front Fender Farkle, CST Surge I Front Tire, D952 Rear Tire, Tusk D-Flex Handguards, Uni Air Filter, No-Toil Evolution air filter oil
Spud Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 10:49 PM   #1642
wayno
Beastly Adventurer
 
wayno's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2004
Location: East of KCMO
Oddometer: 6,467
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spud Rider View Post
The TW200/XT225 engine is notoriously cold-blooded. If the engine is cold, even in the summertime, I usually need to ride the bike with the fuel enrichener slightly engaged for the first one or two miles. However, after the engine warms up a bit, it's happy, and so am I. If you don't need to do this, your carburetor is probably jetted too rich.

Spud
Seems mine always needs at least a little choke when starting up no matter the temp
Wayne
__________________
RIDE SAFE
1998 KTM RXCE LC4, DR650, 07 DL650
Very obtuse at times
"Never wrestle with a pig. You just get dirty, and the pig likes it. George Bernard Shaw
wayno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 11:00 PM   #1643
goodcat8
I can pass this guy.....
 
goodcat8's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2008
Location: Los Angeles
Oddometer: 2,980
Quote:
Originally Posted by wayno View Post
Seems mine always needs at least a little choke when starting up no matter the temp
Wayne
Mine was the same way.
__________________
2014 Triumph Scrambler
Prior: 3rd Battalion - 6th Marines - 2nd Marine Division - Lima Company - 2nd Platoon - 0311
goodcat8 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 10:06 AM   #1644
bbagwell
Adventurer
 
Joined: Dec 2010
Location: Salem,OR
Oddometer: 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodcat8 View Post
Mine was the same way.
Mine is the same way as well. She is cold blooded!
bbagwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 11:07 AM   #1645
sKatZ
Adventurer
 
sKatZ's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2011
Location: North Texas
Oddometer: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbagwell View Post
Mine is the same way as well. She is cold blooded!
That's weird. My Tdub is a boy!

__________________
'03 TW200 QuasiMoto
sKatZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 12:23 PM   #1646
Rhode trip
guided by voices
 
Rhode trip's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2008
Location: Coventry, RI
Oddometer: 791
Pachaug Turtle Brigade: 11/5/2011

__________________
"Take the Puppy to the Beach..." A dirt route across southern New England
"...I Hear Banjos..." The Smokey Mtn 500

http://www.LapelPinPlanet.com
Rhode trip is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 02:54 PM   #1647
NewEnglander
Gnarly Adventurer
 
NewEnglander's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2007
Location: Greenville NH
Oddometer: 272
Ha Ha!

Now thats funny! looks like alot of fun too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhode trip View Post
__________________
If youre gonna be dumb ya gotta be tough.


[COLOR=Red]2008 BMW R1200 GS Adventure
NewEnglander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 05:28 PM   #1648
frog13
Beastly Adventurer
 
frog13's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Location: SW Ohio
Oddometer: 1,303
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhode trip View Post
My kinda folk!
frog13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 06:45 PM   #1649
turbodieseli4i6
Gnarly Adventurer
 
turbodieseli4i6's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2006
Location: SW Missouri USA
Oddometer: 436
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spud Rider View Post
The TW200/XT225 engine is notoriously cold-blooded. If the engine is cold, even in the summertime, I usually need to ride the bike with the fuel enrichener slightly engaged for the first one or two miles. However, after the engine warms up a bit, it's happy, and so am I. If you don't need to do this, your carburetor is probably jetted too rich.

Spud
I would bet it is jetted about right, These little bikes are lean from the factory.
turbodieseli4i6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 07:56 PM   #1650
wayno
Beastly Adventurer
 
wayno's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2004
Location: East of KCMO
Oddometer: 6,467
Just fat enough not to blubber oops forgot this isn't the Harley thread
__________________
RIDE SAFE
1998 KTM RXCE LC4, DR650, 07 DL650
Very obtuse at times
"Never wrestle with a pig. You just get dirty, and the pig likes it. George Bernard Shaw
wayno is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 04:10 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014