Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-07-2011, 11:01 AM   #1636
Spud Rider
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,705
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpencerCompton View Post
I am going to start some pre-winter maintenance on the TW and need some advice. I will be pulling the carb and cleaning that. The carb rebuild kits seem to be junk from what I've gathered. Does anyone have a list of part numbers on the gasket's I will need? OEM or aftermarket is fine.

Also, has anybody here mounted givi(e21's specifically) to the cycle rack pannier kit? I have the givi lug kit and plan on making a metal bracket that mounts to the pannier rack when that arrives. Any insight on that too?
Do you own a later model bike with the Teikei, MV28, CV carburetor? If so, you probably won't need any gaskets.

Spud
2005 XR650L: Shorai Battery Relocation, Spud Oil Cooler, XR650R C/S Sprocket, Reinforced Subframe, Chain Slipper Roller, Performance Design Lowering Link, Baja Designs Headlight, FMF Hi-Flo Header, ManRacks SD Rack, ManRacks Front Fender Farkle, CST Surge I Front Tire, D952 Rear Tire, Tusk D-Flex Handguards, Uni Air Filter, No-Toil Evolution air filter oil
Spud Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 12:46 PM   #1637
DingDangKid
The milk man.

Oddometer: 2,214
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spud Rider View Post
Do you own a later model bike with the Teikei, MV28, CV carburetor? If so, you probably won't need any gaskets.

Spud
It's an 06 so I doubt any of them will need to replace any of them. I've put nearly 5k miles on it in the last year and a half most of them being single/double track so I'm not sure what it will look like when I open it up.

-Spencer
Old 11-07-2011, 02:35 PM   #1638
frog13
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,303
Quote:
I am going to start some pre-winter maintenance on the TW and need some advice. I will be pulling the carb and cleaning that. The carb rebuild kits seem to be junk from what I've gathered. Does anyone have a list of part numbers on the gasket's I will need? OEM or aftermarket is fine.

Also, has anybody here mounted givi(e21's specifically) to the cycle rack pannier kit? I have the givi lug kit and plan on making a metal bracket that mounts to the pannier rack when that arrives. Any insight on that too?

The bikebandit part number for the bowl gasket is #1212790.....tried to find a Yamaha #...crazy computer day!.
frog13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 02:53 PM   #1639
Spud Rider
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
It's an 06 so I doubt any of them will need to replace any of them. I've put nearly 5k miles on it in the last year and a half most of them being single/double track so I'm not sure what it will look like when I open it up.

-Spencer
If you haven't allowed fuel to sit in the float bowl for extended periods of time, your carburetor will probably look as clean as a whistle. Also, if you aren't having any fuel related problems, you probably won't need to replace any of the carburetor parts.

Spud
2005 XR650L: Shorai Battery Relocation, Spud Oil Cooler, XR650R C/S Sprocket, Reinforced Subframe, Chain Slipper Roller, Performance Design Lowering Link, Baja Designs Headlight, FMF Hi-Flo Header, ManRacks SD Rack, ManRacks Front Fender Farkle, CST Surge I Front Tire, D952 Rear Tire, Tusk D-Flex Handguards, Uni Air Filter, No-Toil Evolution air filter oil
Old 11-07-2011, 03:37 PM   #1640
DingDangKid
The milk man.

Oddometer: 2,214
Quote:
If you haven't allowed fuel to sit in the float bowl for extended periods of time, your carburetor will probably look as clean as a whistle. Also, if you aren't having any fuel related problems, you probably won't need to replace any of the carburetor parts.

Spud
The only problem I've had is what I believe to be a dirty low speed yet. In order to get a proper start I need to leave the choke on for 15-30 seconds. After I ride the bike for a minute or two it's back to normal.
Old 11-07-2011, 06:19 PM   #1641
Spud Rider
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
The only problem I've had is what I believe to be a dirty low speed yet. In order to get a proper start I need to leave the choke on for 15-30 seconds. After I ride the bike for a minute or two it's back to normal.
The TW200/XT225 engine is notoriously cold-blooded. If the engine is cold, even in the summertime, I usually need to ride the bike with the fuel enrichener slightly engaged for the first one or two miles. However, after the engine warms up a bit, it's happy, and so am I. If you don't need to do this, your carburetor is probably jetted too rich.

Spud
Old 11-07-2011, 10:49 PM   #1642
wayno
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 6,467
Quote:
The TW200/XT225 engine is notoriously cold-blooded. If the engine is cold, even in the summertime, I usually need to ride the bike with the fuel enrichener slightly engaged for the first one or two miles. However, after the engine warms up a bit, it's happy, and so am I. If you don't need to do this, your carburetor is probably jetted too rich.

Spud
Seems mine always needs at least a little choke when starting up no matter the temp
Wayne
"Never wrestle with a pig. You just get dirty, and the pig likes it. George Bernard Shaw
wayno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 11:00 PM   #1643
goodcat8
I can pass this guy.....

Oddometer: 2,980
Quote:
Originally Posted by wayno View Post
Seems mine always needs at least a little choke when starting up no matter the temp
Wayne
Mine was the same way.
Old 11-08-2011, 10:06 AM   #1644
bbagwell
Adventurer

Oddometer: 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodcat8 View Post
Mine was the same way.
Mine is the same way as well. She is cold blooded!
bbagwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 11:07 AM   #1645
sKatZ
Adventurer

Oddometer: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbagwell View Post
Mine is the same way as well. She is cold blooded!
That's weird. My Tdub is a boy!

Old 11-08-2011, 12:23 PM   #1646
Rhode trip
guided by voices

Oddometer: 791
Pachaug Turtle Brigade: 11/5/2011

http://www.LapelPinPlanet.com
Rhode trip is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 02:54 PM   #1647
NewEnglander
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 272
Ha Ha!

Now thats funny! looks like alot of fun too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhode trip View Post

[COLOR=Red]2008 BMW R1200 GS Adventure
NewEnglander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 05:28 PM   #1648
frog13
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,303
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhode trip View Post
My kinda folk!
frog13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 06:45 PM   #1649
turbodieseli4i6
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 436
Quote:

Spud
I would bet it is jetted about right, These little bikes are lean from the factory.
turbodieseli4i6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 07:56 PM   #1650
wayno
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 6,467
Just fat enough not to blubber oops forgot this isn't the Harley thread
"Never wrestle with a pig. You just get dirty, and the pig likes it. George Bernard Shaw
wayno is offline   Reply With Quote