ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Thumpers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-18-2009, 08:07 AM   #181
Macadam Drifter
Explorer of the Backroads
 
Macadam Drifter's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2008
Location: Central Washington
Oddometer: 723
Quote:
Originally Posted by Surfn54
Can anyone recommend a good chain for the TW? Please be specific if possible......Thanks!

sURf
Sidewinder makes a really good chain. Krause Racing.


MkD
__________________
The TW200 is slow but the Earth is patient
A Solo TW200 Travels From WA to MN
My Travelblog Updated 11/22/2011
Macadam Drifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 08:45 PM   #182
fasteer
Gnarly Adventurer
 
fasteer's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2004
Location: Calgary
Oddometer: 282
maybe it's been covered before & if so, please accept my apologies, but:
how are the TW fat little tires in muddy ruts?
do they climb up the sides like a knobby or
spit you sideways like a street-tire?

I want a small single-track bike & the TW is calling to me...
__________________
87% of all statistics are made up right there on the spot.
fasteer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 08:50 PM   #183
HenryJ
S-10CREWCAB.COM
 
HenryJ's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2008
Location: Oregon, USA
Oddometer: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by fasteer
... the TW is calling to me...
Answer the phone. Wider is better.
__________________
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
HenryJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 07:03 AM   #184
Bowfin
Knobby Shredder
 
Bowfin's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2009
Oddometer: 111
Can someone do me a favor and measure across the TW200 footpeg's inner pivot? The peg pivot of my XT600 footpeg is 7/8" wide and uses a 1/4" pin to hold the peg in place.

I'm trying to find a set of wide pegs, D2Moto has some TW200 pegs I'd like to use if they'll fit on my bike.

Thanks
Bowfin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 01:20 PM   #185
kj7687
Uncle Sally
 
kj7687's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2008
Location: SoCal - Inland Empire
Oddometer: 345
Tw200!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fasteer
maybe it's been covered before & if so, please accept my apologies, but:
how are the TW fat little tires in muddy ruts?
do they climb up the sides like a knobby or
spit you sideways like a street-tire?

I want a small single-track bike & the TW is calling to me...
The TW 200, with a 55 tooth rear sprocket, is the best single track bike you could possibly have IMO! I have done some super gnarly stuff on mine. The tire is insane on the traction. Where skinny tire bikes spin and spin and dig themselves into a hole, the TW plods right on through! And its good for rocks and tree branches and stuff like that too because its less likely to slip sideways under you. Oh and of course you can't forget the super low seat height, which makes it really easy to dab a foot down if you need to.
__________________
***SOLD***2007 Kawasaki Ninja 500, 2007 Yamaha TW200, 2007 Honda Ruckus
***CURRENT***1997 Suzuki DR 200, 2009 Kawasaki KLX 331S
kj7687 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 08:14 PM   #186
jetpoweredmonkey
Rider of the Lost Empire
 
jetpoweredmonkey's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2008
Location: Sacramento, CA
Oddometer: 185
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowfin
Can someone do me a favor and measure across the TW200 footpeg's inner pivot? The peg pivot of my XT600 footpeg is 7/8" wide and uses a 1/4" pin to hold the peg in place.

I'm trying to find a set of wide pegs, D2Moto has some TW200 pegs I'd like to use if they'll fit on my bike.

Thanks
Hey Bowfin,

Do a search on D2moto for "TW200" and you will find your pegs - no measurements needed! $14.95!

http://www.d2moto.com/Items/fp003?&c...%20Foot%20Pegs
jetpoweredmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 06:45 AM   #187
Bowfin
Knobby Shredder
 
Bowfin's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2009
Oddometer: 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetpoweredmonkey
Hey Bowfin,

Do a search on D2moto for "TW200" and you will find your pegs - no measurements needed! $14.95!

http://www.d2moto.com/Items/fp003?&c...%20Foot%20Pegs
I've got an XT600 and need the measurement to see if the TW200 pegs are compatible.

It's a screaming deal, but there are no pegs listed anywhere for my XT600.

Sorry, I should have made that clearer in my post.
Bowfin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 07:14 AM   #188
smithy1
rally bike slut
 
smithy1's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2006
Location: eastern pennsylvania
Oddometer: 1,133
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowfin
I've got an XT600 and need the measurement to see if the TW200 pegs are compatible.

It's a screaming deal, but there are no pegs listed anywhere for my XT600.

Sorry, I should have made that clearer in my post.
My new TW200 peg set from d2moto is scheduled to arrive today. I will measure them for you.
__________________
Shawn in PA

Pine Barons Enduro Riders Supporting south jersey enduro, hare scramble, and dual-sport riding since 1972! Please get involved and join a club. PM me for details.
smithy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 10:51 AM   #189
Bowfin
Knobby Shredder
 
Bowfin's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2009
Oddometer: 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by smithy1
My new TW200 peg set from d2moto is scheduled to arrive today. I will measure them for you.
Thanks! I'm looking forward to it. I love my old '86 XT600, but the aftermarket pickings are slim.
Bowfin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 02:55 PM   #190
smithy1
rally bike slut
 
smithy1's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2006
Location: eastern pennsylvania
Oddometer: 1,133
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowfin
Can someone do me a favor and measure across the TW200 footpeg's inner pivot? The peg pivot of my XT600 footpeg is 7/8" wide and uses a 1/4" pin to hold the peg in place.

I'm trying to find a set of wide pegs, D2Moto has some TW200 pegs I'd like to use if they'll fit on my bike.

Thanks
0.916" wide and 0.285" hole for pin. Hope this info helps.
__________________
Shawn in PA

Pine Barons Enduro Riders Supporting south jersey enduro, hare scramble, and dual-sport riding since 1972! Please get involved and join a club. PM me for details.
smithy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 11:06 PM   #191
tpar1220
such a pud..
 
tpar1220's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2007
Location: martinsville... ish, in.
Oddometer: 2,550
Quote:
Answer the phone. Wider is better.
what he said...





tpar1220 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 11:31 PM   #192
Seth S
Safari Scramble!!!!!
 
Seth S's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2004
Location: sanity?
Oddometer: 4,285
Quote:
Originally Posted by kj7687
The TW 200, with a 55 tooth rear sprocket, is the best single track bike you could possibly have IMO! I have done some super gnarly stuff on mine. The tire is insane on the traction. Where skinny tire bikes spin and spin and dig themselves into a hole, the TW plods right on through! And its good for rocks and tree branches and stuff like that too because its less likely to slip sideways under you. Oh and of course you can't forget the super low seat height, which makes it really easy to dab a foot down if you need
to.

Imagine what it would be like if you could get a trials tire for the rear. The trials tire on the rear of traditional bike opens up entire new realms of traction on all surfaces short of wet leaves and mud.
__________________
Seth S

My intuition nearly makes up for my lack of good judgement. Just installed my new trolling motor
Seth S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 05:29 AM   #193
smithy1
rally bike slut
 
smithy1's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2006
Location: eastern pennsylvania
Oddometer: 1,133
Quote:
Originally Posted by smithy1
0.916" wide and 0.285" hole for pin. Hope this info helps.
fyi - the d2moto pegs did not fit! I had to drill out the hole for the pin to a larger size. This only added about 3 minutes to the installation time. Still can't complain for $23 shipped.
__________________
Shawn in PA

Pine Barons Enduro Riders Supporting south jersey enduro, hare scramble, and dual-sport riding since 1972! Please get involved and join a club. PM me for details.
smithy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 10:05 AM   #194
Surfn54
Adventurer
 
Surfn54's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2006
Oddometer: 49
bump
Surfn54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 08:18 PM   #195
mrgizmow
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jan 2007
Location: Paradise, Calif.
Oddometer: 136
TW threads

I see lots of familiar posters here so guess I will just say hi and post a pic of my bike. Gerry
Attached Images
 
mrgizmow is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 08:42 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014