Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Thumpers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-14-2012, 08:40 AM   #2986
TheAdmiral
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 666
Yup, the www.TW200Forum.com is under attack.

Another alternate TW Forum is: http://tw200.forumotion.com/

Similar names, but different sites. Many/some of the forum members are also members of forumotion

Admiral's Voyages http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=788178
TheAdmiral is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 12:28 PM   #2987
frog13
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,133
Think the issues will be cleared up or is it a permanent "screwing" by some dork!.

Was beginning to research what parts are needed to put a kick-starter on my 2009!...DoH!.
frog13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 01:05 PM   #2988
n2o2diver
Adventurer

Oddometer: 11
Seems ok when I use the iPad
n2o2diver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 01:26 PM   #2989
Harry Potter
Adventurer

Oddometer: 86
Thumb Another TW200 site

The Admiral: Thanks for listing the other TW200 forum---http://tw200.forumotion.com/ I had never seen that one before and I am looking forward to some good reading. Thanks!!!
Old 11-14-2012, 01:26 PM   #2990
frog13
Beastly Adventurer

Just attempted on I.E and it advised of a WARNING to one's computer......use at your own risk,something about virus(s)?.Others have noted the same issues.
Old 11-14-2012, 01:28 PM   #2991
frog13
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Potter View Post
The Admiral: Thanks for listing the other TW200 forum---http://tw200.forumotion.com/ I had never seen that one before and I am looking forward to some good reading. Thanks!!!
Harry.....they have "some" info there.....possibly with the TW forum going down,forumotion will pick-up?. Good luck
Old 11-14-2012, 01:49 PM   #2992
FootDoc
Gas it

Oddometer: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by frog13 View Post
Think the issues will be cleared up or is it a permanent "screwing" by some dork!.

Was beginning to research what parts are needed to put a kick-starter on my 2009!...DoH!.
Frog, this was posted earlier in this thread (2008):
Yamaha part #3RW-W0795-000, which I believe is the genuine Yamaha retro-fit kickstart kit for the XT225, includes all parts needed and is pretty inexpensive. The only thing extra that is needed is an original earlier model TW kickstart lever since the one included in the kit is for an XT and doesn't fit properly.

If I remember correctly there is a sticky on the tw200forum for a complete TW200 kickstarter kit offered from a dealership in California. Everything is included in the kit, and you save a few bucks instead of putting it together yourself.
Ive been unable to get on the site as well, or I would have posted a link.
FootDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 04:12 PM   #2993
frog13
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FootDoc View Post
Frog, this was posted earlier in this thread (2008):
Yamaha part #3RW-W0795-000, which I believe is the genuine Yamaha retro-fit kickstart kit for the XT225, includes all parts needed and is pretty inexpensive. The only thing extra that is needed is an original earlier model TW kickstart lever since the one included in the kit is for an XT and doesn't fit properly.

If I remember correctly there is a sticky on the tw200forum for a complete TW200 kickstarter kit offered from a dealership in California. Everything is included in the kit, and you save a few bucks instead of putting it together yourself.
Ive been unable to get on the site as well, or I would have posted a link.
Thanks for the info Doc....yea I was aware of the xt info and the Cali. info.BUT,since I can't get on the TW forum and dig for the company name in Cali.just thought I would ask and see if a fellow TW'er had that info so I could proceed.Would be nice if Procycle had the specific "kit"(from Cali.) for TW's on their TW site;would save time and aggravation.
Old 11-14-2012, 05:02 PM   #2994
mrgizmow
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 125
My memory is pretty marginal. I can say with "CERTAINTY" that the shop is not in California. The name certainly hints of that, but the shop is in Oregon. And if memory serves, it is called Bay Area Yamaha. Give that a try in Google or directory assistance and see if you get anything. If you do, I suspect you will be right on track. I believe the shop owner has connections in Japan where 'it seems' a dedicated TW kickstarter kit is sold. Seems many folks have purchased the kit and no complaints, only praise. Gerry
mrgizmow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 07:26 PM   #2995
Toyanvil
Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,549
I just installed that kit on my 09. It comes with everything you need and was $199.00 to my door, took about 1 1/2 hours to install. I think mrgizmow is right about the name. If you can't find them, let my now I can look it up. They are great people to work with.
Some people try to turn back their odometers. Not me, I want people to know 'why' I look this way. I've traveled a long way and some of the roads weren't paved. Hell, some of the places I’ve been there weren’t even roads!
Toyanvil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 07:30 PM   #2996
Rider1
Ridin' Dave

Oddometer: 153
Bay Area Yamaha in North Bend, Oregon is who you're thinking of:

http://www.bayareayamaha.com/index.htm
Old 11-14-2012, 07:55 PM   #2997
frog13
Beastly Adventurer

Man,you folks are quick!.....THANK YOU!. Is this kind of work best left for a "seasoned" wrench?. Thanks again.
Old 11-15-2012, 11:38 AM   #2998
TheAdmiral
Studly Adventurer

Summer 2013-Admiral's Central Idaho Tour Ride

This is an open invitation for anyone (or no one) to join me for all of, or any part of, a ride I'm planning in late July or early August - summer 2013. Thought I would put it out there, just in case someone is interested.

I'm in my early planning stages and have generally mapped out my route with a tentative itinerary. I do have some logistical issues to iron out, but here is my plan (idea). I've included a map for you to follow along with the written part.

This will be a trip of about 700-800 miles (or more) and 7-8 days (or more), with camping and some exploring time scheduled in. This trip will be about 99% Forest Service logging road, maybe some trails on exploring day's, and just a few miles of pavement to connect from one spot to another.

Though you will need to be mostly self-sufficient (extra gas, food, cooking stuff), there's a chance of a support vehicle. My wife wants to go, but doesn't ride a motorcycle. With that said, she may do the trip in our camper w/utility trailer, driving ahead to the days planned camp spot. If this pans out, this may work out as a support vehicle for gas, break downs, ambulance etc).

Day 1: My house (Sandhollow, ID) to No Business Lookout area. About 105 miles. Plan to visit a Fire Lookout/geocaches. (Easy Forest Service Rds)

Day 2: No Business Lookout to Carey Dome/War Eagle Mtn. area. About 80 miles. Gas available when going through McCall. (Easy Forest Service Rds-paved near McCall)

Day 3: Remain in Carey Dome/War Eagle Mtn. area and explore area mines/lookouts/trails and possible side trip down to Salmon River. (Moderate Forest Service Rds, possible steep sections, and unknown difficulty trails).

On French Creek rd heading down from Burgdorf to the Salmon River.

Day 4: Carey Dome/California Lake area to Stibnite, ID. About 90 miles. Possible gas available in Yellowpine, ID (short side trip). Plan to visit mines/towns/geocaches and lookouts along the way. (Some dangerous sections (steep curvy grades) of Forest Service Rds between Warren, ID and Big Creek).

Big Creek, ID

Day 5: Remain in Stibnite area and explore old mines/lookouts/geocaches. (Easy to ? rds/trails)

Day 6: Stibnite to Deadwood Reservoir. About 100 miles. Possible gas available in Yellowpine, ID (Easy to moderate Forest Service Rds)

Day 7: Deadwood Res. to ?? Garden Valley/Crouch, ID. About 80 miles. (Easy to Moderate Forest Service Rds. Short section of pavement from Scott Mtn road to GV). Lookouts/geocaches along the way. If time is right, Crouch has an outdoor musical theater which is fun to watch. Gas available in Garden Valley and Crouch.

Day 8: Garden Valley to home. About 80 miles. (Easy to Moderate Forest Service Rds. Intermittent pavement sections near GV and then Emmett, ID to home.

Well, there you go. Something for you all to chew on over the winter!

Here's a map.

Old 11-15-2012, 03:57 PM   #2999
Big Duke 6
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 116
Pissed

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAdmiral View Post
Reports are that those who use Chrome are no longer having a problem.

I use Firefox and don't have the problem anymore either.

HOWEVER, I used my I.E. browser and all the same problems still exist. Bad header data strings, plus I can't sign in.

Sooo, I don't think the problem has cleared up completely.
There were big don't go there signs from my AV program when I tried to go tonight. I thought I had hit a wrong key or something.
It's too bad as it's a great site with great people. OM
Old 11-15-2012, 04:47 PM   #3000
TheAdmiral
Studly Adventurer

Big Duke 6

I thinks it's safe to say the normal TW200 Forum site is not a wise place to try and visit while under some kind of web attack. TW'ers are gonna have to migrate here or the other TW site: tw200.forumotion.com, to get our TW fix. Unfortunately, I'm avoiding the Chopper Charles site until I hear the all clear is given. Hopefully it can be fixed.