Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-06-2013, 12:10 PM   #3241
Travrsx
Adventurer

Oddometer: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by frog13 View Post
Good find Travrsx!......possible a rear rack...Cyclerack,rack.
Thanks! A rack is something I am definitely considering to up the usefulness of the bike. I only hear good things about the cycle rack, but I wish I could see one in person as I want to see how wide it is. My bike will primarily be a trail bike, but a rack would make it useful for quick runs to the store...
Old 03-06-2013, 02:25 PM   #3242
AtlasExp
beer me

Oddometer: 417
I have a TW200 with a Cycle-rack and have no complains but for trail riding in my opinion is to wide. My friend will be making a rack for TW very soon. Just follow my signature and call him or send him a message when they will be ready!
Old 03-06-2013, 03:56 PM   #3243
frog13
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,237
I believe the cyclerack is no wider than the handlebars....I'm not staring at my TW at this moment.If the handle bars fit through an area the rest will fit!.....the rack will also strengthen the rear frame/sub frame area.....do not use the rack as a pull area to load or to free the TW from mud!.....I believe this is why some riders are having subframes that are cracking and,some tend to over load the unit.
frog13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 09:46 PM   #3244
Kritter
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 172
Quote:
Originally Posted by frog13 View Post
I believe the cyclerack is no wider than the handlebars....I'm not staring at my TW at this moment.If the handle bars fit through an area the rest will fit!.....the rack will also strengthen the rear frame/sub frame area.....do not use the rack as a pull area to load or to free the TW from mud!.....I believe this is why some riders are having subframes that are cracking and,some tend to over load the unit.
You sir are correct the Cyclerack is about 18 3/4" wide, the bars are about 30" wide.
Old 03-07-2013, 07:30 AM   #3245
mikesova
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,735
Hey guys, I started a thread for my wife's bike over at the tw forum: http://tw200forum.com/index.php?/top...s-bike-thread/

My latest quandary involves what to do for tires, here's my most recent post, if you guys could help steer me in the right direction.

Quote:
Ok, need some advice guys. Like I said, on the front there is a TW203 with a ton of life on it. It's been on for I assume about 2 years. The rear has a TW34 that you can see the tread depth on some of my pictures. I don't know how old it is, but it actually has decent tread, so I'm assuming its probably not original equipment with 12k miles. I also have a TW204 that is brand new (with a matching tube) and was purchased by the P.O. at the same time as the front TW203. I just assumed that I'd pull the 34 off the rear and put the 204 on so that they match (remember the anal retentiveness?) I tried searching to see how worthy they are offroad. I am thinking for the first year at least, we won't be hitting too crazy of terrain. My though is blacktop, two tracks, and dirt roads. No mud or tight technical trails. However, I live in Michigan where there is sand a plenty. I don't want her going through a sandy patch and losing control. So, what would you do? I could try and sell the new 204 and 203 as a set to fund the purchase of more dirt friendly tires, or I could leave it as is, with the 203 on the front and the 34 on the back. (If I do this though, I want to make sure the tire isn't too old, any info on what numbers I need to look at to tell the age?)

Or I could go with my original plan of swapping the rears so that they match and see how it goes. What would you do?
mikesova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 04:03 PM   #3246
assquatch20
Hoss Cat

Oddometer: 1,084
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesova View Post
Hey guys, I started a thread for my wife's bike over at the tw forum: http://tw200forum.com/index.php?/top...s-bike-thread/

My latest quandary involves what to do for tires, here's my most recent post, if you guys could help steer me in the right direction.
Okay, the stock front knobby is terrible for washing out. If you end up with knobbies, use a Shinko 244.

But, in your case, I'd say give the street tires a try. They're pretty dang awesome on the street, and I found I could get around okay offroad with them. Dirt will be fine, even packed gravel with caution. I was rock crawling and digging through ruts with them. As for sand, I can't say. I've been through plenty of wet silty stuff on the street tires and they grip great. I think a lot of it is just that the tread is so deep on the street tire.

Dry sand, I can't say, but I have a feeling they'll do well as long as you're not trying to whip it around.
Old 03-07-2013, 04:35 PM   #3247
mikesova
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by assquatch20 View Post
Okay, the stock front knobby is terrible for washing out. If you end up with knobbies, use a Shinko 244.

But, in your case, I'd say give the street tires a try. They're pretty dang awesome on the street, and I found I could get around okay offroad with them. Dirt will be fine, even packed gravel with caution. I was rock crawling and digging through ruts with them. As for sand, I can't say. I've been through plenty of wet silty stuff on the street tires and they grip great. I think a lot of it is just that the tread is so deep on the street tire.

Dry sand, I can't say, but I have a feeling they'll do well as long as you're not trying to whip it around.
Sounds good. :)
Old 03-07-2013, 10:36 PM   #3248
Lizrdbrth
Wackjob

Oddometer: 865
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kritter View Post
You sir are correct the Cyclerack is about 18 3/4" wide, the bars are about 30" wide.
The width of a Cyclerack isn't a ptoblem in any type of riding that I've ever done.. If the bars will fit you'll lose a leg long before you'll hit the rack.

Hell, my rear rack is a full 27" inches and it's never been a problem. In fact quite the opposite. More places to grab, better protection for things like the turn signals and exhaust, etc.

Lizrdbrth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 06:26 AM   #3249
Falcon86
I just work here.

Oddometer: 1,631
Couple items I'm still looking to buy...

If anyone has a decent looking set of plastics they want to sell, I'd like to replace mine.

I'm also in need of the cluster that has the neutral light, mine is non-existent.

Cheers!
Falcon86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 06:39 AM   #3250
Travrsx
Adventurer

Oddometer: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizrdbrth View Post
The width of a Cyclerack isn't a ptoblem in any type of riding that I've ever done.. If the bars will fit you'll lose a leg long before you'll hit the rack.

Hell, my rear rack is a full 27" inches and it's never been a problem. In fact quite the opposite. More places to grab, better protection for things like the turn signals and exhaust, etc.

Is this a cycle rack in the picture?
Old 03-08-2013, 07:15 AM   #3251
Lizrdbrth
Wackjob

Negative. That's my own creation.. The Cyclerack is "only" 18 inches or so wide.

Just sayin' that if mine doesn't bang on things theirs certainly won't.
Old 03-08-2013, 07:59 AM   #3252
mikesova
Beastly Adventurer

One of the nice things about the cyclerack on my KLX is that it can save the turn signals in a drop. However, on the TW, the turn signals stick out farther than the cycle rack.
Old 03-08-2013, 08:52 AM   #3253
Lizrdbrth
Wackjob

Mine have been shortened to the bone and relocated to the tail light housing for use with panniers, but the stockers are fairly easily shortened a couple of inches to get them up under the rack.

Hodakaguy did a pretty good writeup somewhere on shortening the stockers that had pretty good pics. I'll see if I can drag up a link. Not rocket science but if you want yours to flex you have to examine how they go together pretty closely before surgery.

Old 03-08-2013, 10:12 AM   #3254
mikesova
Beastly Adventurer

that's a nice thing about them, they are nice and flexible.
Old 03-08-2013, 01:04 PM   #3255
Kwizard
Conservative

Oddometer: 20
Cyclerack

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlasExp View Post
I have a TW200 with a Cycle-rack and have no complains but for trail riding in my opinion is to wide. My friend will be making a rack for TW very soon. Just follow my signature and call him or send him a message when they will be ready!
When you get your Moto-Rack; sell me your Cyclerack.