Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Thumpers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-31-2013, 07:37 AM   #3511
plumbstraight
plumbstraight

Oddometer: 52
Nice easy fix. I can imagine your first panic when you were covered with oil.

plumbstraight screwed with this post 05-31-2013 at 09:15 AM
plumbstraight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 09:32 AM   #3512
Lizrdbrth
Wackjob

Oddometer: 865
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colemanfu View Post
Love my little mini bike....I have no clue what this little hole if for ...
Good thing these motors are bombproof
Lizrdbrth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 09:37 AM   #3513
assquatch20
Hoss Cat

Oddometer: 1,084
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizrdbrth View Post
Good thing these motors are bombproof
But you give one guy a screwdriver...

Old 05-31-2013, 10:08 AM   #3514
Spud Rider
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,620
That plug is for the timing inspection hole, and you did a nice job repairing it. The next time you remove the left crankcase cover, I would inspect the area under the flywheel to look for metal fragments from the hole.

Spud
2005 XR650L: Shorai Battery Relocation, Spud Oil Cooler, XR650R C/S Sprocket, Reinforced Subframe, Chain Slipper Roller, Performance Design Lowering Link, Baja Designs Headlight, FMF Hi-Flo Header, ManRacks SD Rack, ManRacks Front Fender Farkle, CST Surge I Front Tire, D952 Rear Tire, Tusk D-Flex Handguards, Uni Air Filter, No-Toil Evolution air filter oil
Spud Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 10:31 AM   #3515
assquatch20
Hoss Cat

Oddometer: 1,084
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spud Rider View Post
That plug is for the timing inspection hole, and you did a nice job repairing it. The next time you remove the left crankcase cover, I would inspect the area under the flywheel to look for metal fragments from the hole.

Spud
+1 to that. Despite the kidding, I think I would've fumbled around for a couple hours looking for a new plug before I thought to just fill the hole.
Old 05-31-2013, 11:10 AM   #3516
Lizrdbrth
Wackjob

Oddometer: 865
Quote:
Originally Posted by assquatch20 View Post
+1 to that. Despite the kidding, I think I would've fumbled around for a couple hours looking for a new plug before I thought to just fill the hole.
+1 on the +1's for an ingenius repair. I may fill all mine in the same way just as a preventative measure.

Now Pllllllllease go adjust your valves.
Lizrdbrth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 12:47 PM   #3517
palmstatecrawler
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 473
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizrdbrth View Post
Now Pllllllllease go adjust your valves.
If you dont know what that hole is for I hope you have a mechanic! I'm not even gonna touch the fact you admitted to riding in shorts on a motorcycle forum.
'13 KTM 690 Enduro R w/ full akrapovic exhaust, Evo1 lid, uni filter, Renazco seat, hard parts windshield and footpad, scotts damper with BRP submount, hammerhead shifter, flatlands skidplate, lost dog centerstand, Touratech engine guards, r&g front and rear axle and exhaust sliders, piaa 1100's, Doubletake mirrors, G2cam system,
'07 Kawasaki KLX250, '86 Yamaha BW80
palmstatecrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 12:06 PM   #3518
Keithert
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 668
Quote:
Originally Posted by plumbstraight View Post
made a small adjustment on my seat. I did a remodel and put a 1500 kawasaki seat on my tw. It sat a bit down towards the front. I had taken the rubber pads off when I put it on at the time. I took it back off and put two of them back on in front lifting it an inch. Rides much better. If you ride single I recommend trying this setup. Vibration is waaaaaaaay down and with a saddle that wide it sure makes for a much more comfortable ride for distances.
What Kaw was the seat from? Can you post a picture?
Keithert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 03:23 PM   #3519
r80rt
Dirt road nomad

Oddometer: 125
Cool TDub

Got my new Lizrdbrth oil cooler in today,

r80rt screwed with this post 07-18-2013 at 09:40 AM
r80rt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 04:42 AM   #3520
dentvet
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,221
Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon86 View Post
My wife learned how to ride on this bike, and I'd like to get her an XT225 that has just popped up down here on my local Craigslist. The bike is in Pocahontas County at the family's cabin, so it'd be much easier to sell out there rather than bring the bike home and sell it here.

It's a 2001 Yamaha TW200 with about 11k miles. About as pretty as a mule, but a much better ride than one. Fresh battery installed this past weekend.

Willing to sell for the same deal I got on it this past fall before I spent some money on the battery and rear brake pads that were replaced, $900.

This bike is a blast, you realistically can not get it stuck, and if by some chance you do, you just pick it up by the rack and reset it somewhere else. Great around the camp/farm bike, or take it out on the road, but I'd avoid the superslab. Registered here in VA.

Pics*:
\

Falcon, Is it for sale or not? I've offered to buy it both times you have offered to sell it.
dentvet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 07:03 AM   #3521
Falcon86
I just work here.

Oddometer: 1,630
Quote:
Originally Posted by dentvet View Post
\

Falcon, Is it for sale or not? I've offered to buy it both times you have offered to sell it.
Have one in front of you pending, he's supposed to let me know for sure this weekend. I'll get back to you on Monday either way.
Falcon86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 05:18 PM   #3522
Bikerjosh
I was punk once.

Oddometer: 166
Quote:
Originally Posted by r80rt View Post
Got my new Lizard oil cooler in today,
welcome to the club. Installed mine the night before I left for DV last fall.
As an aside for anyone in Northern Cal (bay area) we have a ride scheduled for next saturday, June 15th starting in Ukiah heading north then to the coast, south and back east. About 140-150 miles mostly dirt PM me if you are interested in going or check out the tw-forum.-Josh
Old 06-08-2013, 11:24 PM   #3523
palmstatecrawler
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 473
Makes me wish I lived in cali
'13 KTM 690 Enduro R w/ full akrapovic exhaust, Evo1 lid, uni filter, Renazco seat, hard parts windshield and footpad, scotts damper with BRP submount, hammerhead shifter, flatlands skidplate, lost dog centerstand, Touratech engine guards, r&g front and rear axle and exhaust sliders, piaa 1100's, Doubletake mirrors, G2cam system,
'07 Kawasaki KLX250, '86 Yamaha BW80
palmstatecrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 11:35 AM   #3524
DingDangKid
The milk man.

Oddometer: 2,144
I have a baja design 8 inch race light in the garage collecting dust, any body ever mount one of these up on a tw?

Somebody makes a reflector kit to aim the light downwards for oncoming traffic isn't blinded, I'd install that with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-10-2013, 12:00 PM   #3525
Goofy Footer
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 436
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpencerCompton View Post
I have a baja design 8 inch race light in the garage collecting dust, any body ever mount one of these up on a tw?

Somebody makes a reflector kit to aim the light downwards for oncoming traffic isn't blinded, I'd install that with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If it's halogen, I believe you either have a 55w or 100w bulb in it. While the 55w may be okay, I'd imagine the 100w would overpower the TW's charging system. Lookup "boatman dot conversions" and there is a guy (boatman) on the board who sells a DOT Hella light with Hi/Low halogen beam which fits into the light guard. If you have HID check out (JohnnyAirtime on adv) or JATproduts.com and he can do Hi/Low HID conversions or even Haligen to HID.

I have a BD 100w 8" spot on my DRZe with HO stator and I love the light. It shoots a beam down the road but doesn't have much fill (I'm working on adapting a LED helmet light to run off my battery tender pigtail). I love the look of the 8" race lights, I just missed an ebay auction for a used 55w Trail Tech for my WR-F.

For my TW, I'm keeping the stock look because I have a Jimbo shield but am seriously considering drilling out the bulb hole and installing a powerful LED with dimmer into the stock headlight housing. TWs with round headlights look great though.
Goofy Footer is offline   Reply With Quote