Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > GSpot > Parallel Universe
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-09-2009, 07:33 AM   #61
RoxStuff
Adventurer

Oddometer: 46
The risers that work on the F800GS are now online and ready to ship. Here is a link to them http://www.roxspeedfx.com/cgi-bin/ca...?subcat_id=268 They are the fifth set down # 3R-P2PP. Let us know if you have any questions sales@roxspeedfx.com Thanks!
RoxStuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 01:09 PM   #62
cbOwl
just ridin somewhere

Oddometer: 84
Rox Risers

Just installed the 2" Rox pivoting risers on my ABS F8gs. Went on easily enough, I did unbolt the clip holding the clutch cable and took it out. I wanted the bars as far back as I could get them, just so they barely cleared the ignition plastics. The cables all work, but for as low as I have them, the brake line gets snug at full lock. I'm more worried about wear on it and for that reason may order a longer line. Very happy with the risers and sure make it more comfortable for me.

Quote:
I have the stock line and a source for quality custom hydraulic lines right here in the big city. If it is a deal breaker for anyone because of the brake line , and you don't have a source for a custom then let me know. Maybe I can help.

I'll be sorry I offered that...
So. . . I'll PM you to get some more info.
cbOwl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 10:25 AM   #63
RoxStuff
Adventurer

Oddometer: 46
Thanks for all the input here! We are glad they are working on the 800's, anyone else with input please share it. Thanks Again. Ryan~
RoxStuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 06:09 AM   #64
smeagol
Beemer Virgin

Oddometer: 100
Hey guys, I'm looking at getting the 2" ROX risers. I don't need the bars to come back at all, just up. If I avoid going back and just head up, do I avoid having to reroute the cables??

brum-brum!! I has a motorbikes!
smeagol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 06:19 AM   #65
Bushwhacker
Dirt, Sweat & Gears

Oddometer: 442
Quote:
Originally Posted by smeagol
Hey guys, I'm looking at getting the 2" ROX risers. I don't need the bars to come back at all, just up. If I avoid going back and just head up, do I avoid having to reroute the cables??
I used these and have not had a problem -

http://www.happy-trail.com/Products/...OX3R-P2PP.aspx

-

When you look like a rude, crude, scum sucking cretin, people tend not to ask you stupid questions!
Bushwhacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 07:18 PM   #66
cbOwl
just ridin somewhere

Oddometer: 84
Quote:
I don't think you'll have to reroute them, but thats my guess. Because I have them back as far as I can, the lower end of the cable, where it is a 90 degree, is pretty snug. Pulling on that 90 is my concern of it wearing. Having the bars up not back wouldn't pull that 90 so tight. Cluth cable shoudn't be an issue. I know there are two different brake cables on ABS and non ABS - mine is ABS.

cbOwl screwed with this post 06-22-2009 at 08:42 PM
cbOwl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 05:31 PM   #67
Bushwhacker
Dirt, Sweat & Gears

Oddometer: 442
F800GS Rox Riser Update

I installed Rox Risers on my F800GS several weeks ago and somewhere, either here, the F800 Rider forum or both, I posted that they fit fine with no cable problems.

Moving the bike around earlier this week I discovered that, at full right lock, the clutch slipped almost to the point of completely disengaging.

I rerouted the Clutch Cable to the outside of the fork tubes and this completely solved the problem. At full right or left lock I have a very slight play in the clutch lever before it begins to disengage the clutch.

Just wanted to get this out here in case anyone actually paid any attention to my previous post.

When you look like a rude, crude, scum sucking cretin, people tend not to ask you stupid questions!
Bushwhacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 02:04 PM   #68
Claudellvonhop
Adventurer

Oddometer: 59
Anyone Installed/Used ROX for F800GS?

Anyone using the kit "specifically developed" for F800GS? Please share your thoughts on install and application?

Thanks,
Chris
Claudellvonhop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 01:10 PM   #69
lotus
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 107
needing help

Hey all - I'm very curious if this install would work for the F650GS Twin.

I'm very frustrated with the fit of this bike for rides longer than 30 minutes. I really feel I need the bars back towards me. I can't imagine the reach works out for many women that are shorter than 5'6".

Thanks for your input!

lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 04:09 PM   #70
thisflatearth
Pro-Commuter

Oddometer: 936
I put them on my Uly and they work out great

Lets you roll the bars back will still getting the benefit of the rise.

The biggest thing you have to make sure of is cable/brake line length. But i wouldn't see why BMW didn't build in some extra length on an enduro.

The website doesn't have a specific model for your bike but i would just look to see what size your handlebars were and order the corresponding risers.
http://www.roxspeedfx.com/cgi-bin/ca...?subcat_id=268

Heres an example from ADVrider
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=449135

Alternative
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=384922

Here is a helpful looking thread as well
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=415604
thisflatearth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 08:56 PM   #71
Claudellvonhop
Adventurer

Oddometer: 59
+1 on BushWhacker's experience with clutch disengaging at full right with F8GS Rox Riser.

Will be attempting clutch cable reroute this week.
Claudellvonhop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 12:10 PM   #72
combatkarl2
n00b

Oddometer: 6
F650gs Twin Rox Risers

I completed installation of the Rox Risers (2" rise for 7/8"bars). Has improved seating position & comfort greatly. Needed a longer brake line, and at recommendation of dealer, I used Goodridge brake fittings.
14" Clear coated Brake Hose #036112
Shadow 90 degree 10mm Banjo fitting #036459
Shadow Straight 10mm Banjo fitting #036455

I did have to use 2 compression washers on each side of the banjo fitting at the handlebars. Brake bleeding was uneventful.

I haven't had any problems with bars hitting the key area.

Karl
SE MN
combatkarl2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 11:12 PM   #73
danmechanical
..must..build..something

Oddometer: 16
Wicked

2004 DL650 Wee installed 7/8" to 1 1/8", 2" Rox Risers with no cable length issues. I have the F650GS bars on this bike, which is why it is 1 1/8. Only problem I had was removing the old 7/8 to 1 1/8 adapter. The screws it came with were not rust proof (wtf?) and I had to hammer in a torx bit and use an hand impact driver to extract them.

I have mine pivoted towards the rider side. I'm 5'11 and I was just on the edge of leaning over which was KILLING my back. I was out riding last weekend for about a half day with no problems at all, so the risers did the trick.

Also note that I have them installed backwards so that they would line up with the rivets in the bars better.

danmechanical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 04:37 PM   #74
Neready
No user title

Oddometer: 5
Torque

I also installed the rox risers for the F800GS. Low Pro 1 3/4"rise x 1 1/8" Stem Clamp x 1 1/8" Handlebar, Product number 3R-P2PPL. I have the risers forward about 15 degrees from staight up. The only problem I had is there is no possible method to properly torque the bottom set of bolts.
Neready is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 07:28 PM   #75
BMWHillbilly
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neready
I also installed the rox risers for the F800GS. Low Pro 1 3/4"rise x 1 1/8" Stem Clamp x 1 1/8" Handlebar, Product number 3R-P2PPL. I have the risers forward about 15 degrees from staight up. The only problem I had is there is no possible method to properly torque the bottom set of bolts.
with all the bolts slightly taut, rotate the bars back (or forward if you want the bars mounted toward the back) so you have room and tighten bottom bolts then rotate them forward where you want them then tighten the top bolts. least that's how I did it.
BMWHillbilly is offline   Reply With Quote