User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-17-2014, 09:08 AM   #1
Xan13x OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 134
Anyone own this windscreen?

I've been looking for a tall touring windscreen, and I came across this Wunderlich. I can't seem to find any fairly in depth reviews of it. Seems like it might be a good alternative to getting a fixed height touring screen from cee Bailey. Has anyone here used it? Do the brackets on it prevent flapping like a cee Bailey would?

http://www.wunderlichamerica.com/mot.../42850000.html
Xan13x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 08:50 PM   #2
Motor-110
...respect my Authoritah!

Oddometer: 600
I have this windshield on my F700GS. Inasmuch as I have never owned/used a Cee Bailey, I cannot do a comparison.

I like the Wunderlich, it is adjustable up and down by several inches, and can be (carefully) adjusted while riding (insert legalese and hold harmless here.)

It does wobble while riding at higher speeds or high winds, but it isn't going everywhere. It is not the perfect windshield in that depending on various riding, weather issues, you will suffer some level of buffeting. No windshield, short of a barn door, will eliminate buffeting. Buffeting is created by surrounding air fighting to fill the void left by the offending windshield. Some riders elect to ride sport bikes, or other bikes without windshields for clean air and no buffeting, but more exposed to the elements.

YMMV...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xan13x View Post
I've been looking for a tall touring windscreen, and I came across this Wunderlich. I can't seem to find any fairly in depth reviews of it. Seems like it might be a good alternative to getting a fixed height touring screen from cee Bailey. Has anyone here used it? Do the brackets on it prevent flapping like a cee Bailey would?

http://www.wunderlichamerica.com/mot.../42850000.html
Old 06-18-2014, 05:02 AM   #3
Xan13x OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motor-110 View Post
I have this windshield on my F700GS. Inasmuch as I have never owned/used a Cee Bailey, I cannot do a comparison.

I like the Wunderlich, it is adjustable up and down by several inches, and can be (carefully) adjusted while riding (insert legalese and hold harmless here.)

It does wobble while riding at higher speeds or high winds, but it isn't going everywhere. It is not the perfect windshield in that depending on various riding, weather issues, you will suffer some level of buffeting. No windshield, short of a barn door, will eliminate buffeting. Buffeting is created by surrounding air fighting to fill the void left by the offending windshield. Some riders elect to ride sport bikes, or other bikes without windshields for clean air and no buffeting, but more exposed to the elements.

YMMV...
Yea, I have no windscreen now, and it wears me out after 20 minutes on the highway. I'm looking for something that can make it less of a fight to keep my head in one spot, and keep me from getting hit in the face by everything that happens by. I like the Cee Bailey since it has the bracket to keep the movement down, but it would also be sort of unnecessary to have a 24" windscreen while commuting (and look a little silly).

Since the Wunderlich seems to be new or just unreviewed, it's hard to tell if the apparatus holding the screens together sort of mimics the Cee Bailey bracket to give it stability.
Old 06-18-2014, 08:15 AM   #4
Motor-110
...respect my Authoritah!

Oddometer: 600
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xan13x View Post
Since the Wunderlich seems to be new or just unreviewed, it's hard to tell if the apparatus holding the screens together sort of mimics the Cee Bailey bracket to give it stability.
In that regard, I have no idea...
Old 06-18-2014, 09:30 AM   #5
Xan13x OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motor-110 View Post
In that regard, I have no idea...
After doing some research it looks like BMW makes an adapter that allows the use of the F800GS windshield support bracket on the F700GS.

Anyone have any experience with it? It appears as though the vario touring screen has holes cut to attach to the support bracket.