ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > GSpot > Parallel Universe
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 02-09-2010, 05:26 PM   #121
rockinrog
Beastly Adventurer
 
rockinrog's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2008
Location: Central PA
Oddometer: 2,711
Quote:
Originally Posted by WoodWorks
Not that mount, but the same position:

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showp...9&postcount=51

David
After looking at your pic... I think they sold me the wrong mount.
There were 2 they said would work and they were out of the one and assured me that the one I posted would work...hmmmmmm
Thanks for the quick reply David. What mount did you use?
rockinrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 05:48 PM   #122
WoodWorks
House Ape
 
WoodWorks's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2003
Location: Ashland, OR, USA
Oddometer: 2,203
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockinrog
Thanks for the quick reply David. What mount did you use?
PM'ed ya.

David
__________________
David

I'm tryin' ta think, but nuttin' happens!
--Curly
WoodWorks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 06:03 PM   #123
rockinrog
Beastly Adventurer
 
rockinrog's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2008
Location: Central PA
Oddometer: 2,711
Mount

This is the mount they sent me
Name:  P1040163 (Small).JPG
Views: 3365
Size:  42.2 KB
rockinrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 06:32 PM   #124
Sydney Rider
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Dec 2009
Oddometer: 409
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockinrog
Does anyone have or can point me in the direction of pictures that show how the Denali/Vision X lights attach to this mount:
Here you go.... http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=539501

I hope that helps.

Tony
Sydney Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 06:52 PM   #125
rockinrog
Beastly Adventurer
 
rockinrog's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2008
Location: Central PA
Oddometer: 2,711
Thanks

Thanks guys.

I think I have a different mount than both of you...I have an Email in to Twisted to confirm that
A. the mount is right or wrong
B. If it is the correct mount how do I connect the lights to it.
rockinrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 07:03 PM   #126
WoodWorks
House Ape
 
WoodWorks's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2003
Location: Ashland, OR, USA
Oddometer: 2,203
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockinrog
Thanks guys.

I think I have a different mount than both of you...I have an Email in to Twisted to confirm that
A. the mount is right or wrong
B. If it is the correct mount how do I connect the lights to it.
I don't know how you'd connect the VisionX lamps to that mount. I think the folks at Twisted Throttle screwed up. Hope they do you right.

David
__________________
David

I'm tryin' ta think, but nuttin' happens!
--Curly
WoodWorks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 07:05 PM   #127
rockinrog
Beastly Adventurer
 
rockinrog's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2008
Location: Central PA
Oddometer: 2,711
me too

Quote:
Originally Posted by WoodWorks
I don't know how you'd connect the VisionX lamps to that mount. I think the folks at Twisted Throttle screwed up. Hope they do you right.

David
Me too David. This would be the second time in 3 orders that they screwed up. What's the saying fool me once... yadda yadda

EDIT: "As for the mounting brackets it appears we have suggested the wrong item for your bike."

rockinrog screwed with this post 02-10-2010 at 08:41 AM
rockinrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 08:57 PM   #128
rockinrog
Beastly Adventurer
 
rockinrog's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2008
Location: Central PA
Oddometer: 2,711
included mount

Included
Name:  P1040166 (Small).JPG
Views: 3259
Size:  47.8 KB
rockinrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 02:44 PM   #129
cula
Adventurer
 
cula's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2009
Oddometer: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessehere
I run heated gear so saving power with the measely 400w alternator was of prime importance for the lighting.
Here is my setup-each Handguard contains one luxeon K2 LED driven @ 700ma with a regulated driver

nice triangle with the stock lights. nice cause they turn with the steering


HID Ballast on gauge support bracket

handguard striaght on




LEDs only



HID lowbeam and the leds together



Full Blast with Highbeam (55watt Philips extreme power) Low 35watt HID and LEDS 2.4 watt x2 luxeon Total power 98.8 Watts





HID in main reflector

I also installed the OEM euro LED turnsignals
Where did you find OEM euro LED turnsignals?
cula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 03:55 PM   #130
jessehere
Ridin'
 
jessehere's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2005
Location: Jersey(EXIT 10)
Oddometer: 761
bmw pn 63137708048 i used 4 of these short led. get em at any dealer
stockeuro uses 2 above & 2 longer pn 63237710574 for the rear
jessehere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 12:30 PM   #131
cula
Adventurer
 
cula's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2009
Oddometer: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessehere
I run heated gear so saving power with the measely 400w alternator was of prime importance for the lighting.
Here is my setup-each Handguard contains one luxeon K2 LED driven @ 700ma with a regulated driver

nice triangle with the stock lights. nice cause they turn with the steering


HID Ballast on gauge support bracket

handguard striaght on




LEDs only



HID lowbeam and the leds together



Full Blast with Highbeam (55watt Philips extreme power) Low 35watt HID and LEDS 2.4 watt x2 luxeon Total power 98.8 Watts





HID in main reflector

I also installed the OEM euro LED turnsignals
Did you have any problems installing 55w in reflector? (melting, warping, etc...)
cula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 03:48 PM   #132
jessehere
Ridin'
 
jessehere's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2005
Location: Jersey(EXIT 10)
Oddometer: 761
Quote:
Originally Posted by cula
Did you have any problems installing 55w in reflector? (melting, warping, etc...)
no why would I? the original h7 is 55 watts also.
jessehere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 04:41 PM   #133
cula
Adventurer
 
cula's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2009
Oddometer: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessehere
no why would I? the original h7 is 55 watts also.
I don't know, because of the heat. Somebody said that 55W HID has a higher temperature output than the 55W halogen. Well, I guess they were wrong.........
cula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 05:33 PM   #134
geno_rocket
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Nov 2005
Location: The Lone Star State
Oddometer: 139
Temp Output

Quote:
Originally Posted by cula
I don't know, because of the heat. Somebody said that 55W HID has a higher temperature output than the 55W halogen. Well, I guess they were wrong.........
May be thinking of the color temperature of the bulb - I believe HIDs have a higher color temperature than halogens. The halogens are somewhere around 3,000K, while HIDs are higher

Check out the discussion on color temperature on wikipedia, probably more information than most people can stand (or understand) but it gives you a reference. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Color_temperature While surfing, I also found this gem on the various automotive lighting standards.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Automotive_lamp_types
geno_rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 05:34 PM   #135
jessehere
Ridin'
 
jessehere's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2005
Location: Jersey(EXIT 10)
Oddometer: 761
watts x 3.413 = heat in btus per hour
jessehere is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 03:20 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014