Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-13-2009, 08:50 AM   #1
TreeFarmer OP
Tree Farmer Adventurer

Oddometer: 234
800 GS Logo Wanted

Hello Inmates,

I am looking for a straight up & down "GS" logo from the new 800. about 2-3" tall would be great! I am begining to work on a few custom farkles and would like to integrate it on one or maybe two of the bits I am working on. I tried making one myself off a picture and manipulating it, but had very poor results. I am just not very good at that kind of graphic modification, so maybe somebody else who is PhotoShop capable can help a fellow out.

I have about 5 projects in the hopper and I think several people will be very interested to see the results. Some include off the shelf bits but with some mods, but most are completely custom. Trying to utilize all my my skills to put together a high quality package. Should have everything completed by Memorial Day. By the time I am finished it will include: engine/crash bars, skid plate, pannier racks, tail rack + one special bit that I think several people will be interested & excited about.

Thanks in advance for the logo help

TreeFarmer
TreeFarmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 10:28 AM   #2
jessehere
Ridin'

Oddometer: 764
you could buy one here
http://humvee-graphics.com/catalog/

nice pictures too
jessehere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 11:34 AM   #3
TreeFarmer OP
Tree Farmer Adventurer

jessehere,
Thanks now that is a start. At least there pictures are cleaner than anything I have found so far. But for that matter I could just take a tracing from the side of my bike.
Old 01-13-2009, 12:26 PM   #4
jessehere
Ridin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeFarmer
jessehere,
Thanks now that is a start. At least there pictures are cleaner than anything I have found so far. But for that matter I could just take a tracing from the side of my bike.
Take a picture of your graphic and print it and cut it out
Old 01-14-2009, 04:00 PM   #5
HighTechCoonass
Living the Dream....

Oddometer: 2,457
anyone in the US of A ??
Old 01-14-2009, 09:02 PM   #6
thelouv
ocd

Oddometer: 105
Are you wanting an exact match of the GS on the sides of the faux tank? I have been considering having a company I order my product (auto pinstripes, graphics, etc) from set up the logo so I could get a set in reflective. Just hadn't gotten around to it yet. Fortunately, we are still busy as ever here & those kinda personal things get put off to keep pace with the paying work. If that is what you want, tell me & I could step up to get it done sooner rather than later. The neat thing is, once it is set up, they can cut it in any size & color you would want. My supplier also accepts credit card payments so they would probably sell & ship directly to you if I gave them permission to do so. I say permission since they would normally somewhat protect me since I paid them for the initial set up of that logo into my file.
Triumph Rocket III (sold)
F800GS (got mine)
Next? Duc 1098 ADV? nope,
went back to a Jeep, and still lovin the GS
thelouv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 12:48 PM   #7
TreeFarmer OP
Tree Farmer Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelouv
Are you wanting an exact match of the GS on the sides of the faux tank?
Yep that is exactly the king of thing I am looking for. I spent time on it yesterday, but still not satisfied with the results. I did narrow it down to looking for a 2" height graphic. Mine is not going to be a sticker though, it will be in metal...

This is what I came up with so far..... Why can I not upload picture now!!!
Old 01-15-2009, 09:17 PM   #8
thelouv
ocd

Oh, now I get what you are after. Gonna hang it from a chain around your neck? Could start something there!
F800GS (got mine)
Old 01-16-2009, 01:03 PM   #9
glc
the livest 1

Oddometer: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeFarmer
Yep that is exactly the king of thing I am looking for. I spent time on it yesterday, but still not satisfied with the results. I did narrow it down to looking for a 2" height graphic. Mine is not going to be a sticker though, it will be in metal...

This is what I came up with so far..... Why can I not upload picture now!!!
buy the sticker kit from the dealer, scan it, create a path from it and either get a laser cut sticker made from it or supply the path to a machinist and it can be water/laser cut from a thin gauge stainless that can be formed to the tank.
glc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 03:41 AM   #10
mrpete64
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 566
Twisted Trottle

I just talked to the guys at Twisted Throttle, yesterday at the bike show in New York City, and they will have some out soon? They are going to be reflective.
I looked at their 650 KLR GS on display...it was...wonderful!!
Mr. Pete--->
mrpete64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 09:49 PM   #11
thelouv
ocd

Like this?

F800GS (got mine)
Old 01-27-2009, 06:30 AM   #12
TreeFarmer OP
Tree Farmer Adventurer

Quote:
Like this?

Yeah that is nice, but I am not looking for stickers... I am just looking for the design in an electronic version. I drew something up by hand the other day and was pretty happy with the results. I am getting a quote for the part it will go on. Pictures will be forthcoming..
Old 01-27-2009, 07:33 AM   #13
jessehere
Ridin'

Quote:
Like this?

Sweet, does that replace the non reflective GS on the side of your bike?
I'd like to get a black version that reflects white. Any leads on getting one?
Old 01-27-2009, 09:21 AM   #14
thelouv
ocd

Yep, I drew these up & had my supplier digitize them to exactly fit the faux tank sides. I have not installed them yet to show you the final look because of time constraints. I have been just too busy to get em on. My distriubtor will not sell directly to anyone retail (I hoped they would) so if ya want some I can get them any size for you & probably have them drop shipped directly to you from them. He gave me this general price guide : $1.85 per inch tall (per copy) for normal vinyl colors, double that for specialty & reflective vinyl, plus shipping. In other words these yellow reflective GS's cost $14.80 each (3.5" tall but he averages up to the nearest inch) plus shipping. I have paid them for the initial set-up so there are no additional charges. Or another color like black or silver or lime green would be $7.40 each. I would not mark these up any beyond this. Keep in mind, these would only be cut from premium professional grade vinyl (Universal Products vinyl). They ship out of Cincinnati, OH. If time is not critical, I could always order them with one of my normal orders & then mail them to you after I receive them here. That way shipping charges would be substantially less but you run the risk of the Post Office folding or bending the envelope they would be in.
I'll try to get mine installed tonight to show you how perfect the fit is.
F800GS (got mine)
Old 01-27-2009, 09:42 AM   #15
jessehere
Ridin'

Quote:
Yep, I drew these up & had my supplier digitize them to exactly fit the faux tank sides. I have not installed them yet to show you the final look because of time constraints. I have been just too busy to get em on. My distriubtor will not sell directly to anyone retail (I hoped they would) so if ya want some I can get them any size for you & probably have them drop shipped directly to you from them. He gave me this general price guide : $1.85 per inch tall (per copy) for normal vinyl colors, double that for specialty & reflective vinyl, plus shipping. In other words these yellow reflective GS's cost $14.80 each (3.5" tall but he averages up to the nearest inch) plus shipping. I have paid them for the initial set-up so there are no additional charges. Or another color like black or silver or lime green would be $7.40 each. I would not mark these up any beyond this. Keep in mind, these would only be cut from premium professional grade vinyl (Universal Products vinyl). They ship out of Cincinnati, OH. If time is not critical, I could always order them with one of my normal orders & then mail them to you after I receive them here. That way shipping charges would be substantially less but you run the risk of the Post Office folding or bending the envelope they would be in.
I'll try to get mine installed tonight to show you how perfect the fit is.