ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Central – From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-11-2013, 05:50 PM   #451
SportEvo
Adventurer

Oddometer: 81
Done.

thanks Cannon.
Pete
SportEvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 10:54 AM   #452
Spillage
Commuting Poser

Oddometer: 30
Done and forwarded to others who are not ADVers.

Thanks Cannonshot.

"Some witty comment, might be humorous."
Spillage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 03:54 PM   #453
Cannonshot OP
Having a Nice Time

Oddometer: 18,037
Talked with a town chairman in Vilas County today. He wants dual sporting promoted in his township. He told me he thought I could help him achieve that. I'll be working with him once I get back. I anticipate coming up to give a formal presentation on dual sporting and adventure motorcycling like I gave to the USFS here.

This is significant because Vilas County had a referendum that voted down motorized recreation in the past.

I'm also in contact with a pro-motor county board member so we'll have to see what develops.
Old 08-16-2013, 10:13 AM   #454
Zaboo65
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 239
Done!

Took my son to a MSF Dirt Bike school near Random Lake last Sunday. I rented a 230 Honda and got to ride their trails and had a blast. If there was someplace even remotely near by I would look to get something like that for me and my son.

Thanks Cannon, for all the promoting and politicking you do!
Trans WI 2011 | UPAT BB Fall 2012 | UPAT BB June 2013
Zaboo65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 10:25 AM   #455
ffchick
FF = firefighter :)

Oddometer: 286
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaboo65 View Post
Done!

Took my son to a MSF Dirt Bike school near Random Lake last Sunday. I rented a 230 Honda and got to ride their trails and had a blast. If there was someplace even remotely near by I would look to get something like that for me and my son.
Have you been to Wood County?
http://www.co.wood.wi.us/Departments/Parks/ATVArea.aspx

This is a fun area for newer riders. It's ATV trail but still fun on the bikes and you just need a state park sticker for your truck. I broke my new KTM in there and when we have newer or brand new riders we take them here to get their feet wet. Again if you are experienced it's still fun! Lots of fast, winding corners.
Old 08-16-2013, 07:52 PM   #456
Go Irish75
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 343
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaboo65 View Post
Done!

Thanks Cannon, for all the promoting and politicking you do!
Alex and Dave are great aren't they? I go riding at Alex's when I can, as he's really close to me and they are always very accommodating.
http://www.wisconsinoffroadadventures.com/
Old 08-16-2013, 08:08 PM   #457
Moto da Vinci
Alive & Living

Oddometer: 103
Still need more options in southern Wisconsin.
Old 08-17-2013, 08:20 AM   #458
InTheMuck
So it goes...

Oddometer: 310
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moto da Vinci View Post
Still need more options in southern Wisconsin.
Absolutely!!

“I haven’t been everywhere, but it’s on my list."
InTheMuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 06:51 PM   #459
Go Irish75
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 343
A rider and property owner in Ozaukee county is looking at starting a trail
riding area on his 35-40 acre property. He was thinking some thing along the lines of the Manitowoc Riders Club type thing, where it will be a generally low yearly fee membership type thing. I will be putting him into contact with Alex Bub and others in the scene to assist him with logistics and planning. Stay tuned... This SE area sure could use the trails and access.
Old 08-19-2013, 12:19 PM   #460
Cannonshot OP
Having a Nice Time

FITCHBURG, Wis. – The public is invited to take a self-guided automobile tour of the former Badger Army Ammunition Plant this Saturday, Aug. 24. The property will open starting at 9 a.m., and the gates will close at 3 p.m. The property entrance is located seven miles north of Sauk City on State Highway 12.
Tour maps are available on the Department of Natural Resources website – dnr.wi.gov – by searching for “Sauk Prairie Recreation Area.” Tour maps will also be available the day of the tour at the starting point.
A similar tour was offered in October 2012 and proved to be very popular with more than 1,100 vehicles passing through the gates. At the time, DNR received many contacts from persons who were interested but couldn’t make the October 2012 event. Many more inquiries came in after the event from people who had been told about the tour by friends and were wondering if a second tour could be scheduled.
Master Planning Update
DNR is currently working on developing a master plan for the former Badger plant which is now designated as the Sauk Prairie Recreation Area.
All DNR properties are operated according to master plans that describe the facilities, activities, operations and resource management guidelines for a property for a period of 15 years.
On July 31, DNR planners and managers hosted a public open house in Prairie du Sac to present preliminary vision and goal statements and draft conceptual alternatives. DNR is now is asking for public comment on these documents. The comment period is open through Aug. 30. Documents are available for review under the “planning documents” tab on the Sauk Prairie Recreation Area webpage. A public comment form also is on the webpage and can be either downloaded and mailed or submitted online.
The public will have more opportunities to provide comment as the master planning process moves along. Over 260 individuals attended the July 31 open house.
“We encourage people to view the posted preliminary vision and goal statements and the draft conceptual alternatives,” said Ryder Will. Will currently is the maintenance and satellite properties supervisor for Devil’s Lake State Park. He will be the SPRA property manager when the gates are fully open.
“While this is a property tour and is not intended to be a part of the master planning process, we hope opening the property for a day provides people a chance to better visualize the future of the Sauk Prairie Recreation Area as they prepare any comments they’d like to share with us.”
Old 08-19-2013, 08:20 PM   #461
Cannonshot OP
Having a Nice Time

We only have a little while longer to get our comments in. If you haven't done so, please get on it right away. Pass the word to others of a like mind so they can comment as well.

It is very important that we make a strong showing in support of motorized recreation at this site.

We need this facility. It is also a step toward getting more opportunities in the future.

Thanks for participating!
Old 08-22-2013, 12:39 PM   #462
Tj007m
Adventurer

Oddometer: 56
Badger OHV

Survey completed and forwarded. Thanks Cannonshot!
Tj007m is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 02:18 PM   #463
Dave in Wi
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,886
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannonshot View Post
FITCHBURG, Wis. – The public is invited to take a self-guided automobile tour of the former Badger Army Ammunition Plant this Saturday, Aug. 24. The property will open starting at 9 a.m., and the gates will close at 3 p.m. The property entrance is located seven miles north of Sauk City on State Highway 12.
Tour maps are available on the Department of Natural Resources website – dnr.wi.gov – by searching for “Sauk Prairie Recreation Area.” Tour maps will also be available the day of the tour at the starting point.
A similar tour was offered in October 2012 and proved to be very popular with more than 1,100 vehicles passing through the gates. At the time, DNR received many contacts from persons who were interested but couldn’t make the October 2012 event. Many more inquiries came in after the event from people who had been told about the tour by friends and were wondering if a second tour could be scheduled.
Master Planning Update
DNR is currently working on developing a master plan for the former Badger plant which is now designated as the Sauk Prairie Recreation Area.
All DNR properties are operated according to master plans that describe the facilities, activities, operations and resource management guidelines for a property for a period of 15 years.
On July 31, DNR planners and managers hosted a public open house in Prairie du Sac to present preliminary vision and goal statements and draft conceptual alternatives. DNR is now is asking for public comment on these documents. The comment period is open through Aug. 30. Documents are available for review under the “planning documents” tab on the Sauk Prairie Recreation Area webpage. A public comment form also is on the webpage and can be either downloaded and mailed or submitted online.
The public will have more opportunities to provide comment as the master planning process moves along. Over 260 individuals attended the July 31 open house.
“We encourage people to view the posted preliminary vision and goal statements and the draft conceptual alternatives,” said Ryder Will. Will currently is the maintenance and satellite properties supervisor for Devil’s Lake State Park. He will be the SPRA property manager when the gates are fully open.
“While this is a property tour and is not intended to be a part of the master planning process, we hope opening the property for a day provides people a chance to better visualize the future of the Sauk Prairie Recreation Area as they prepare any comments they’d like to share with us.”
I'm putting my thoughts together right now and will put comments on the website tonight. BTW there are over 22,000 acres in Sauk County alone already set aside for non-motorzed outdoor use. Acres for motorized use: Zero.

I think writing actual letters might be more effective than comments on the website. If I want to do this, who are the decision makers I should write to?
1988 DT50
"Daddy, it's five o'clock sometime!"
Dave in Wi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 04:28 PM   #464
Cannonshot OP
Having a Nice Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave in Wi View Post
I'm putting my thoughts together right now and will put comments on the website tonight. BTW there are over 22,000 acres in Sauk County alone already set aside for non-motorzed outdoor use. Acres for motorized use: Zero.

I think writing actual letters might be more effective than comments on the website. If I want to do this, who are the decision makers I should write to?
Diane Brusoe, DNR Planner http://dnr.wi.gov/topic/lands/master...g/SaukPrairie/

A letter is fine. That is what we did the first time around. But it really won't matter much. Input via the automated system will produce the same tally.
Old 08-22-2013, 04:32 PM   #465
Cannonshot OP
Having a Nice Time

I'm going over what I hope is the last draft of the OHM legislation. I just put it out to some other people to read over. There are still a couple of things that need to be fixed but they are minor. They heavy lifting is done. It feels good to be so close to getting the bill introduced.

Once we have a complete document that is ready for prime time I will get it posted for people to peruse. Frankly, it is not something easily read or understood as it involves a lot of cross references and legalese.

It will be better if I put out a summary of what the key provisions of the bill are. I will do so once I get this latest revision back through the legislative reference bureau.