ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Central From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-26-2014, 12:37 AM   #676
Cannonshot OP
Having a Nice Time

Oddometer: 19,021
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ990R View Post
Cannonshot always appreciate the support!!!
Curious about this topic...assuming you guys may have tried these apps?? & How they compare to your "AMA" meters now...In the middle of several updates on the ktm LC8 twin (dual cans w/arrestors & an open airbox)and would like to be a sure thing when attending one of the upcoming local DS rides...don't wanna be that guy!
CHEERS
AJ
Calibration is important. Then procedure. I can probably test your bike for you if you want to ride out toward Oconomowoc.
Old 04-26-2014, 09:14 AM   #677
WIsixfitty
ceiling unlimited

Oddometer: 2,106
Delayed seasonal openings.

FWIW all of the U.P. is in the same situation.

From trails to roadside rest areas to camp grounds. Everything is pushed back to at least the third full week of May.

Opening fishing season in the middle of May will be touch and go if the ice is gone. As of yesterday Lake Gogebic had 2 to 3 feet of solid ice.

All of the Keweenaw (Hwy 38 north) is still under a solid 2-3 feet of snow.
Old 04-26-2014, 01:26 PM   #678
c-zulu
Resident Dirt Burner

Oddometer: 1,273
Quote:
Originally Posted by WIsixfitty View Post
Opening fishing season in the middle of May will be touch and go if the ice is gone. As of yesterday Lake Gogebic had 2 to 3 feet of solid ice.

About the same here on this side of the lake..
MOTO GUZZI STELVIO NTX---VICTORY KINGPIN TOUR
c-zulu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 01:29 PM   #679
c-zulu
Resident Dirt Burner

Oddometer: 1,273
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lutz View Post
Good to hear about the meters guys. Folks in the arrowhead could use some testing, if you find yourself in the area.

I have access to a db meter. Let's do some testing when the snow clears in August..
MOTO GUZZI STELVIO NTX---VICTORY KINGPIN TOUR
c-zulu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 02:02 PM   #680
Lutz
Killer Rabbit

Oddometer: 1,334
Quote:
Originally Posted by c-zulu View Post
I have access to a db meter. Let's do some testing when the snow clears in August..
Sounds good. And I like your optimism...no snow in August.
Lutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 12:20 PM   #681
Cannonshot OP
Having a Nice Time

I'm up in Minneapolis for a meeting of motorized reps from WI, MI, MN, and IA. We are discussing issues of mutual interest and working on developing some joint projects.

Very interesting to dig deeper into what some of the challenges and successes are in neighboring states.

Cannonshot screwed with this post 05-08-2014 at 11:35 PM
Cannonshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 03:32 PM   #682
Lutz
Killer Rabbit

Oddometer: 1,334
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannonshot View Post
I'm up in Minneapolis for a meeting of motorized reps from WI, MI, MN, and IA. We are discussing issues of mutual interest and working on developing some joint projects.

Very interesting to dig deeper into what some of the challenges and successes are in neighboring states.
Lutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 06:48 AM   #683
Big Augie
Transient

Oddometer: 1,052
Quote:
Originally Posted by WIsixfitty View Post
FWIW all of the U.P. is in the same situation.

From trails to roadside rest areas to camp grounds. Everything is pushed back to at least the third full week of May.

That's right, friends of mine that live on Lake Gogebic are still riding their snowmobiles.
Old 05-05-2014, 08:43 AM   #684
LumpyOne
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 313
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannonshot View Post

Are you still in Minneapolis? Would be nice to meet up with you and buy you a cocktail for all your hard work.
LumpyOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 12:00 PM   #685
papalobster
With Gusto!

Oddometer: 13,053
Quote:
Originally Posted by LumpyOne View Post
Are you still in Minneapolis? Would be nice to meet up with you and buy you a cocktail for all your hard work.
Just grab a 6er of Miller Chill and he'll be your best friend!
papalobster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 09:16 AM   #686
Cannonshot OP
Having a Nice Time

Delafield Mayor Michele DeYoe orders removal of 'throttle down' signs

Signs at the entrance to the city of Delafield ask motorcyclists to watch their speed and not cause excessive noise. Photo by:

By Kelly Smith
Posted: May 2, 2014

City of Delafield — Signs posted along the Genesee and Main street entrances to the city urging motorcyclists to "throttle down" as they enter residential neighborhoods and business districts, which were approved by the Common Council in September, were temporarily removed in late April on orders from newly elected Mayor Michele DeYoe.

DeYoe said last week she would discuss the signs with the Common Council on Monday, May 4. That meeting took place after this paper went to press.

DeYoe, who one was of the council members who cast a unanimous vote for the signs on Sept. 16, said that since becoming mayor she has received complaints about the signs from some residents and business owners.

She said people opposed to the signs argue that they discourage motorcyclists from coming to the city, and the bikers represent a share of the tourism business that the city relies on.

DeYoe also questioned whether the city police have the necessary equipment and resources to enforce ordinances related to the signs.
"What good is a sign if you cannot enforce it?" she asked.

"Looking back on it, personally, I think I made mistake in supporting the signs. Maybe all of us on the council should have given it a little more thought," she added.

She said she decided to have the signs temporarily removed after she received the complaints and then conferred with City Administrator Tom Hafner and Police Chief Erik Kehl.

Although the signs were approved by the common council, the mayor has the authority to at least temporarily remove them if she believes it is in the best interest of the city, according to Hafner.

The council approved the four signs — two on each street — at the urging of Alderwoman Jackie Valde, who said during a Sept. 3 council meeting that residents in her aldermanic district had complained about noise from motorcycles.

Valde questioned why the signs were removed without council discussion.
"We followed a process when we put the signs up. Citizens approached their alderperson about the signs. The alderperson took it to the Common Council, and the council approved the signs. I don't understand why we didn't follow the same process in taking them down," she said.

"What complaints have been received regarding throttle down signs? The signs are simply a gentle reminder that we all are responsible for making a good effort to provide a peaceful environment and improve our quality of life," wrote Carol Olson in an email to DeYoe.

In his email, Paul Price described "many" of the motorcyclists as "thugs that we don't want anywhere near Delafield."

"I think the bikers are probably causing the loss of business to many businesses, as it is disturbing just to walk around on a weekend. This is also having a huge impact on property values and the desire to live downtown, which supports these businesses," he added.

http://www.livinglakecountry.com/lak...257696551.html
Old 05-06-2014, 09:37 AM   #687
Cannonshot OP
Having a Nice Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by LumpyOne View Post
Thanks. I was just in town for an overnighter.
Old 05-06-2014, 06:26 PM   #688
WIsixfitty
ceiling unlimited

Oddometer: 2,106
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Augie View Post
That's right, friends of mine that live on Lake Gogebic are still riding their snowmobiles.

Just got back from the Keweenaw update.

South of H-H is just about snow free. We went up the east side so I didn't ge a good look in the woods to the west so don't quote me here.

North of H-H is a different story. There's still 1 to 2 feet of snow in the woods from mainly Calumet and north. All seasonal roads are snow covered and impassable. Inland lakes (Gratiot, Labelle etc) are still white and solid. The edges are water so things are going to move a little quicker now. The big lake is breaking up. The main roads and the scenery as always are beautiful and tourist free.

I did see a KLR heading north on 41 towards Copper Harbor this monring.
Old 05-19-2014, 03:43 PM   #689
! Danimal !
--Dan--

Oddometer: 129
Frustrated in EC

So just north in Eau Claire county while riding my DR650 today, I was informed that ALL motorcycles are banned from ANY county roads or service. The parks department guy that stopped me was great about it and stated that any other plated vehicle is fine but motorcycles, apparently of any kind, are not. Can they really ban a street legal vehicle from using a ROAD that any other vehicle is free to use? Nevertheless, I went to the parks department office after to confirm this and per county ordinance no motorcycles are allowed anywhere on county land or county roads, to include the roads to parking lots to designated hunting, fishing, and hiking areas. (Albeit, they had no problem knowingly selling me multiple park passes for my bikes in order to park in these facilities.) So, May 27th I now have a spot on the agenda at the board meeting and plan on asking them to reword their current ordinance as to not blatantly discriminate against law abiding/street legal motorcycles. Any advice is always appreciated, I plan on being prepared, tactful, and present a case that they can't argue against effectively. Right now I am digging trying to figure out where funding for these roads come from and if any is from the state as a result of vehicle registration dollars.
! Danimal ! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 04:58 PM   #690
Cannonshot OP
Having a Nice Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by ! Danimal !
So just north in Eau Claire county while riding my DR650 today, I was informed that ALL motorcycles are banned from ANY county roads or service. The parks department guy that stopped me was great about it and stated that any other plated vehicle is fine but motorcycles, apparently of any kind, are not. Can they really ban a street legal vehicle from using a ROAD that any other vehicle is free to use? Nevertheless, I went to the parks department office after to confirm this and per county ordinance no motorcycles are allowed anywhere on county land or county roads, to include the roads to parking lots to designated hunting, fishing, and hiking areas. (Albeit, they had no problem knowingly selling me multiple park passes for my bikes in order to park in these facilities.) So, May 27th I now have a spot on the agenda at the board meeting and plan on asking them to reword their current ordinance as to not blatantly discriminate against law abiding/street legal motorcycles. Any advice is always appreciated, I plan on being prepared, tactful, and present a case that they can't argue against effectively. Right now I am digging trying to figure out where funding for these roads come from and if any is from the state as a result of vehicle registration dollars.

PM me a phone number and I'll talk to you about this. They can't ban a licensed motorcycle from a gas-tax road any more than they could ban Toyotas.

They may not be talking about a gas tax road though. Or, it may be a seasonal gas-tax road.

I can help sort this out as this is part of what I do.

Cannonshot screwed with this post 05-19-2014 at 05:19 PM
Cannonshot is offline   Reply With Quote