ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Central – From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-19-2014, 04:14 PM   #691
Cannonshot OP
Having a Nice Time

Oddometer: 18,722
10. It is unlawful to operate any motorcycle, all-terrain vehicle, utility-terrain vehicle, or any unlicensed motor vehicle on county forest land, except upon areas so designated by the county.

This may be the culprit. I can check further with ECC. The issue here will likely relate to county forest roads that are not on the official county highway map. I'll check it out.

Cannonshot screwed with this post 05-19-2014 at 04:26 PM
Cannonshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 04:44 PM   #692
! Danimal !
--Dan--

Oddometer: 126
Thanks! That is the statute that he cited, verbatim.

There are no plaquards or signage on any of the roads indicating they are closed to any specific motor vehicles. This particular road is on the county map and travels through county land. The Prius ahead of me went through no questions asked ...
! Danimal ! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 04:47 PM   #693
Cannonshot OP
Having a Nice Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by ! Danimal ! View Post
Thanks! That is the statute that he cited, verbatim.

There are no plaquards or signage on any of the roads indicating they are closed to any specific motor vehicles. This particular road is on the county map and travels through county land. The Prius ahead of me went through no questions asked ...
I'll work on this and get back to you.
Old 05-19-2014, 05:12 PM   #694
! Danimal !
--Dan--

It may have fixed itself already....

Dan,

I did some more research after you left my office and wanted to let you know that I did tell you the wrong information. You are allowed to ride on any of the roads that licensed cars/trucks can drive on in the forest. The areas that would not be allowed would be any ATV trails, gated/bermed areas, and any other areas that are posted.

I think for what you wanted to do, this would be the OK that you were looking for. Please let me know if you have any additional concerns. I am going to assume that this takes care of the issue and that I will not need to place this item on the agenda for the meeting on the 27th. Please confirm when you get a chance.

Thanks,

Josh Pedersen

Director - Eau Claire County Parks and Forest
Old 05-19-2014, 05:21 PM   #695
Cannonshot OP
Having a Nice Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by ! Danimal ! View Post
It may have fixed itself already....

Dan,

I did some more research after you left my office and wanted to let you know that I did tell you the wrong information. You are allowed to ride on any of the roads that licensed cars/trucks can drive on in the forest. The areas that would not be allowed would be any ATV trails, gated/bermed areas, and any other areas that are posted.

I think for what you wanted to do, this would be the OK that you were looking for. Please let me know if you have any additional concerns. I am going to assume that this takes care of the issue and that I will not need to place this item on the agenda for the meeting on the 27th. Please confirm when you get a chance.

Thanks,

Josh Pedersen

Director - Eau Claire County Parks and Forest
That is good news. I was just preparing my notes to call him tomorrow. They still need to clean up the wording of their ord. I'll talk to him tomorrow about that.

Annnnnnnnd, we'll work on the ATV trails access once we get our legislation passed.

And thanks for having a mature attitude about this misunderstanding. I'm glad you didn't yell "harassment".
Old 05-19-2014, 07:09 PM   #696
! Danimal !
--Dan--

I like you am about getting and keeping areas to ride. Having someone get a bad impression of motorcyclist works against the cause. Thanks again for your help and for that matter all that you have done for bikes in WI.
Old 05-20-2014, 11:27 AM   #697
LumpyOne
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 303
Nice work Gentleman! Thanks for digging into these matters.
LumpyOne is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 02:10 PM   #698
InTheMuck
So it goes...

Oddometer: 329
Quote:
Originally Posted by LumpyOne View Post
Nice work Gentleman! Thanks for digging into these matters.
Yeah, thanks guys!

“I haven’t been everywhere, but it’s on my list."
InTheMuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 08:45 AM   #699
Cannonshot OP
Having a Nice Time

Spoke with Eau Claire County. Went over the issue concerning the code that needs to be tidied up to eliminate a prohibition on motorcycles.

The director mentioned that it was nice to work with people like us on these issues (referring to good attitudes). Clearly Danimal left a positive impression when he spoke with them. He asked me to send him suggested wording to fix the problem. I have done so and will follow up later to make sure everything is taken care of.
Old 05-25-2014, 12:06 PM   #700
elron
Still Standing

Oddometer: 256
Thumb

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out and screaming "WOO-HOO, what a ride!!"
elron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 11:45 AM   #701
Cannonshot OP
Having a Nice Time

State economic development officials have awarded a grant to help plan an all-terrain vehicle park that would have thousands of acres of trails for motorcycles and pickup trucks.

Covering 10,000 acres in Forest County, it would be one of the largest parks of its kind in the Midwest, according to off-road vehicle enthusiasts and public officials backing the project.

Land would be acquired in various ways including purchases, leases, easements and land swaps.

The park proposal has support from Forest County officials and business groups. They have spent several years working on it, and now Forest County has a $10,750 grant from Wisconsin Economic Development Corp. to help fund the second phase of a feasibility study.

The $43,000 study also is being funded by the county and the nonprofit Wisconsin Off-Road Vehicle Park Inc.

The study will focus on a specific site for the park and will continue work on a business plan and economic impact analysis. It also will an include an assessment of the site, located in the Towns of Caswell and Ross, and the creation of conceptual drawings.

"We are pleased to be able to help Forest County in taking the first steps toward a project that has the potential to significantly increase tourism and bring new jobs and millions of dollars to the local economy," Reed Hall, secretary and chief executive of the Wisconsin Economic Development Corp. said in a statement.
Old 05-29-2014, 04:06 PM   #702
Cannonshot OP
Having a Nice Time

Old 06-09-2014, 07:48 PM   #703
Cannonshot OP
Having a Nice Time

Routine meeting with the USFS today. Their Rec Spec noted that dual sport motorcycling seemed to be a growing interest. All said in a positive light. Good for us to be recognized.

Got a message back from Eau Claire County that after conferring with their Corporation Counsel they didn't think they would be amending the code prohibiting all motorcycles. I'll be following up on this issue to make sure the problem and resolution are both clear so we can get this squared away.
Old 06-10-2014, 07:04 AM   #704
Lutz
Killer Rabbit

Oddometer: 1,301
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannonshot View Post
Routine meeting with the USFS today. Their Rec Spec noted that dual sport motorcycling seemed to be a growing interest. All said in a positive light. Good for us to be recognized.
Good news.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannonshot View Post
...Got a message back from Eau Claire County that after conferring with their Corporation Counsel they didn't think they would be amending the code prohibiting all motorcycles. I'll be following up on this issue to make sure the problem and resolution are both clear so we can get this squared away.
Thanks for keeping on it!
Lutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 09:36 AM   #705
Cannonshot OP
Having a Nice Time

More discussion with Eau Claire County. Made some gains by carefully going through the issue to gain a better understanding and mutual agreement. Issue is going back to the corporation council but with more information that will give a clearer picture of what and why things need to be fixed. It is important to take on issues like this with an attitude to work together to arrive at the proper end state rather than rattling sabers right off the bat.