ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-06-2009, 07:19 AM   #91
knybanjo
kinda slow

Oddometer: 22,420
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuttle
that's probably the Elefantentreffen - a bunch of folks I grew up with went there every year (they had MZ hacks for the winter).

Here's a ride report: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=80627
Cuttle,
You know these guys?!?

knybanjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 07:45 AM   #92
Cuttle
me? what?

Oddometer: 9,347
I plead the 5th....
Old 02-06-2009, 07:49 AM   #93
Cuttle
me? what?

Oddometer: 9,347
I found a good video about the history of the "meet:

http://current.com/items/88922655/th...tentreffen.htm
Old 02-06-2009, 09:02 AM   #94
knybanjo
kinda slow

Oddometer: 22,420
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuttle
I found a good video about the history of the "meet:

http://current.com/items/88922655/th...tentreffen.htm
I said this before........ You Euros are NUTS!!

knybanjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 10:12 AM   #95
dbarale
Squiddly slow

Oddometer: 1,029
Looks like it was pretty mellow this year weather wise. I've seen pics with up to two feet of snow for the Elephants...
dbarale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 05:52 AM   #96
acmemoto
BMW service/vintage racer

Oddometer: 74
Email list

At the tire change class we collected a list of email addresses and set up a Yahoo Group. This way we can notify each other of upcoming rides.
If you missed the class you not only missed Clockwatchers "special tire lube" demonstration, you may not be on the list!

PM me if you want to join or logon to http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/ACME-DualSport/
and we will hook you up.

Acmemoto
acmemoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 01:53 PM   #97
collie man
mo fire!!

Oddometer: 335
appalachian action 300 whoop here it is!

Ok ..for all you dual sport riders out there who have been dying for a challenging epic dirt ride,here it is! This ride is being put together by Ryan aka yanni23 here on advrider.He runs a dual sport tour company around here and knows every trail in the woods from here to tennessee.If you are familiar with the shenandoah 500 ,this is our local equivalent. yanni23 is the one who put together the nasty dirt ride for last years eastern rendevous adv rally in hot springs.It was epic,so i cant even fathom how much fun this one is going to be.It is going to be a 2 day event with roll charts,camping etc...for more details please refer to this thread
http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=734724

or contact me or yanni23 on advrider or WWW.APPALACHIANACTION.COM

..support your local stormtroopers of dirt!

Ps. I am not sure of all the routes yet,but i would be willing to bet that this will not be enjoyable to try to take the GS style and similiar size and weight bikes on. I took my GS on one 7 mile stretch of it the other day,and it was out of commission within 1/4 mile! It only cost me about 1500.oo to fix so....word to your motha!
and heres a tasty little sniblet to wet your whistle...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v55Uz...layer_embedded

collie man screwed with this post 02-08-2009 at 03:02 PM
collie man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 03:25 PM   #98
collie man
mo fire!!

Oddometer: 335
Hey Fellow Obsessed Souls

Hey everyone..I just wanted to remind you all about the upcoming 8th annual eastern renezvous rally this may.It is just over the border from hot spring in Tennessee this year...There will be street rides, 50-50 street and grave/hard pack clay,and of course the "u" rides ,unmaintained all dirt nastiness (my favorite,and i will be running sweep this year).so please refer to the advrider annual rallies.... and talk to rick about signing up for this killer event.
Stormtroopers of dirt....unite!

collie man screwed with this post 02-08-2009 at 03:32 PM
collie man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 07:32 AM   #99
mel brooks
Dirt Chick

Oddometer: 1,695
Still snow/ice on the ground in Jackson County Sunday....

“Everytime I start thinkin’ the world is all bad, then I start seeing some people out having a good time on motorcycles and it makes me take another look.”
Steve McQueen, On Any Sunday
mel brooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 03:46 PM   #100
jmcnair828
BeemerBonz

Oddometer: 67
Coal Creek OHV invitation

Scott and I are planning a ride to Coal Creek OHV park. The ride is planned for Monday, Feb.23rd, weather permitting. We will not go if rain is in the forcast or if it's cold... as in under 45. This is an invitation to experienced riders only due to the topography of the park. Your dirt riding skills will need to be good. Your ride does not have to be licensed as this is private property (72,000 acres). Coal creek OHV is located in Oliver Springs Tenn, which is close to Oakridge. This is about a 2 1/2 hr drive and we plan to leave very early (around 6:00 a.m. in order to get there around 8:30 a.m.) For more info on the park visit www.coalcreekohv.com. Land use permits are $17/day. Depending on how many people show an interest, we will have to get transportation details worked out, so if you are interested, post up and let us know. Russ, Scott "The Mud Dawg Swede" , Jody and I have fairly recently ridden this area so if you have other questions we may be able to answer them from our personal experience. There is a reason why I call Scott "The Mud Dawg Swede" and it has everything to do with his experience at Coal Creek . I actually have pictures of a live mud dawg weighing in at around 225 or more that has a striking resemblance to Scott, standing right next to Scott's bike . If you love dirt riding and your skills are good....you will love this place. Post up and let us know, we'll start working on arrangements.

'92 BMW R100R (for sale)
jmcnair828 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 07:05 PM   #101
langrider
adventurer

Oddometer: 11
Glad To See The Thread

hope to be able to go to next get together know how to do tires but have a lot to lean on dual sporting in general! i have an advantage though clockwatcher is my uncle and seems to know what hes doing.done it a long time and its a bitch to keep up and im less than half his age but its always fun trying, have my own bike now dont have to barrow his.So lets do this
langrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 04:58 AM   #102
jmcnair828
BeemerBonz

Coal Creek

Quote:
Originally Posted by langrider
hope to be able to go to next get together know how to do tires but have a lot to lean on dual sporting in general! i have an advantage though clockwatcher is my uncle and seems to know what hes doing.done it a long time and its a bitch to keep up and im less than half his age but its always fun trying, have my own bike now dont have to barrow his.So lets do this
Lang, you working full time now? If not, want to go to Coal Creek with us?

'92 BMW R100R (for sale)
Old 02-16-2009, 02:28 PM   #103
Clockwatcher
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 499
" Mud Dawg Swede"

Careful Langrider........They are looking for a tire changer and somebody to lift Scot and his bike out of the mud!!!
Clockwatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 02:51 PM   #104
jmcnair828
BeemerBonz

Lifting scott's bike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clockwatcher
Careful Langrider........They are looking for a tire changer and somebody to lift Scot and his bike out of the mud!!!
Lang, don't listen to your unk......Scott can lift his own bike out of the mud. he's had plenty of practice!!

'92 BMW R100R (for sale)
Old 02-16-2009, 03:00 PM   #105
langrider
adventurer

Oddometer: 11
looks like nice place

have to ask jerry. do they have one way trails? I went to Gulches ohv park in SC it didn't and i almost took a jeep to the face! so if it has bike specific trails i think i would, but if they all share and go in different directions then probly not.
langrider is offline   Reply With Quote