ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Central From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Results: What is you're preferred Date for the 09 CADVR??
August 20-23rd 25 22.12%
August 27-30th (not labor day) 21 18.58%
Sept 10-13th 54 47.79%
I Refuse to take part in this madness! 13 11.50%
Voters: 113. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-10-2009, 08:48 PM   #841
Bonebag OP
ADDvrider

Oddometer: 5,333
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klay
I'm frustrated that I didn't get enough face time at this rally to know more of you people better. But when I flip through the pages here and remember riding around with you, I feel like I am revisiting great important parts of my life. I can't wait to go exploring some trails again with you next year. See you there.
That was awesome..another reason why I'm making it a week long deal..some can't take a whole weekend..others can't get off work on weekends...some can't take weekdays off..this will make alot of people able to make it and meet cool people and get to ride..I'm a little nervous about those who take the whole week off and may get dissapointed...but nobody has bitched at all so far... Looks like this..like all other rally's are little experiments in social studies..but christ I sucked in schoolism
Bonebag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 09:54 PM   #842
Klay
dreaming adventurer

Oddometer: 98,000
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbabc
Hey Klay,
What would the Kitchi-gummi feel like now?
Nightmarishly cold.

Quote:
Nice riding with you!
The same to you! Those were some great days.
Klay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 08:58 AM   #843
Askel
Perma-n00b

Oddometer: 10,450
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klay
Nightmarishly cold.
It ain't that bad.

Video.
Askel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 01:11 PM   #844
Klay
dreaming adventurer

Oddometer: 98,000
Makes my fingers ache to think about it.
Klay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 01:50 PM   #845
freeflow
get in or go in

Oddometer: 15,054
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbabc
Hey Klay,
What would the Kitchi-gummi feel like now?
!
about the same, just colder air temps
freeflow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 10:40 AM   #846
ItchyFeet
Too young to resist

Oddometer: 66
Crash Update

Well its been almost 5 months since the rally and my rehab has been going good. Slow but steady. Still working to get rid of my limp but I am now without crutches or a cane. My big milestone was kicking the pain meds. That took me a couple of tries but after locking myself away for about a week the cold sweats, jitters, , shakes, diarrhea and sleeplessness went away. The pain is back but I'll work through that on my own. Detox isn't for the timid.

As for getting back on a bike my physical therapist is working with that as one of my goals, along with being able to put on my own socks and shoes. Its getting there. My wife though has a different plan which doesn't include another bike.

Mine was totaled/purchased by the insurance company. The proceeds of that sale all went to pay the deductible on our insurance. Would have loved to include pics of the xrays showing all the new hardware but I'm having trouble uploading them.

Thanks for all your kind words and encouragement. I'm still reading and dreaming of riding again. My wife says I can go to the next ralley but only if she drives me there in the car! At least I'll have a designated driver.
When you get back from your travels, and tell your friends of all the interesting people you have met in obscure bars and hostels. Only to realize after years of travel, you are the guy they talk about. - Cedric Pieterse
ItchyFeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 10:47 AM   #847
Bonebag OP
ADDvrider

Oddometer: 5,333
Good to see your healing up man...Like I said..you're paid for this year so let us know if you're gonna come...

I reposted this on the current rally thread so folks know what's up with you
Bonebag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 11:00 AM   #848
Cannonshot
Having a Nice Time

Oddometer: 18,053
Quote:
Originally Posted by ItchyFeet
Well its been almost 5 months since the rally and my rehab has been going good. Slow but steady. Still working to get rid of my limp but I am now without crutches or a cane. My big milestone was kicking the pain meds. That took me a couple of tries but after locking myself away for about a week the cold sweats, jitters, , shakes, diarrhea and sleeplessness went away. The pain is back but I'll work through that on my own. Detox isn't for the timid.

As for getting back on a bike my physical therapist is working with that as one of my goals, along with being able to put on my own socks and shoes. Its getting there. My wife though has a different plan which doesn't include another bike.

Mine was totaled/purchased by the insurance company. The proceeds of that sale all went to pay the deductible on our insurance. Would have loved to include pics of the xrays showing all the new hardware but I'm having trouble uploading them.

Thanks for all your kind words and encouragement. I'm still reading and dreaming of riding again. My wife says I can go to the next ralley but only if she drives me there in the car! At least I'll have a designated driver.
Great to hear of your progress. Sounds like you've got a good strong will to help you find your way through this. Looking forward to your further recovery!
Cannonshot is offline   Reply With Quote