Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Canada
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-03-2013, 10:56 AM   #6661
Quantis
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 240
I have a few but it might just be better for you to record you saying every swear word you know into then play it back on repeat for the length of your ride. We ride with Scala rider headsets so I get to hear the full thing.

Then we got her a ninja 250 and things got a lot better. Now that her on road confidence is up she is starting to think that trying offroad again would be a good idea. I just need to borrow a CRF250L or a XT225 for her to ride for a day to try it.

In other news Mrs.Quantis just passed her full M license test today.
Old 06-03-2013, 11:41 AM   #6662
CanadianX
Oh!? That is deep.

Oddometer: 1,303
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quantis View Post
I have a few but it might just be better for you to record you saying every swear word you know into then play it back on repeat for the length of your ride. We ride with Scala rider headsets so I get to hear the full thing.

Then we got her a ninja 250 and things got a lot better. Now that her on road confidence is up she is starting to think that trying offroad again would be a good idea. I just need to borrow a CRF250L or a XT225 for her to ride for a day to try it.

Congrats to Mrs Q. Mrs CdnX has no desire to ride on the road with traffic etc. That may change over time but right now the intent is to simply get out and ride a bit as often as we can, focus on some skill development every other trip out and ensure it remains fun. I think toward the end of the summer we'll go to one of the training centres and take a 1 day crse where she can benefit from some professional instruction.
CanadianX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 11:56 AM   #6663
shipwrek12001
Shipwrek

Oddometer: 2,057
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianX View Post
. I think toward the end of the summer we'll go to one of the training centres and take a 1 day crse where she can benefit from some professional instruction.

isn't that after the bad habits start?

to any "Mrs" that ride with her hubby....... Including mine!
Old 06-03-2013, 12:37 PM   #6664
CanadianX
Oh!? That is deep.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shipwrek12001 View Post
isn't that after the bad habits start?

to any "Mrs" that ride with her hubby....... Including mine!

Bad habits? No not at all. I've learned all the bad habits, suffered the consquence and can now pass on my wisdom such that she will be able to safely ride from the garage to the end of the driveway. 60% of the time, my teaching technique work everytime.

Certainly love my Mrs all the more for making the effort as she only did it to be part of something I enjoy so much. I think she is starting to like it though. She was all smiles last week when we were riding around the base on Sunday. (Virtual ghost town on the weekend)
Old 06-03-2013, 05:12 PM   #6665
PiffleMaster
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,889
Quote:
Bad habits? No not at all. I've learned all the bad habits, suffered the consquence and can now pass on my wisdom such that she will be able to safely ride from the garage to the end of the driveway. 60% of the time, my teaching technique work everytime.

Certainly love my Mrs all the more for making the effort as she only did it to be part of something I enjoy so much. I think she is starting to like it though. She was all smiles last week when we were riding around the base on Sunday. (Virtual ghost town on the weekend)
Congrats on getting another interested in cycling with motors.
Hope to see both of you down the trail....
PiffleMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 06:37 PM   #6666
garry499
Race for food!

Oddometer: 69
Thanks Pete!

[QUOTE=PeteZ;21555851]Yo Gary! how goes?

what year KLeeneX? here are my settings for my '09, with the larger intake snorkel (#14073-1577), muffler drilled one baffle, and smog reed pump removed:

Drill &remove the idle jet screw cover. turn out another 3/4 turn or so.
92063-1074 Main Jet #128
92064-1050 Pilot #38

Needles:
used the N1TC needle .... disaster - *way* too rich (the needle is significantly shorter)
stock needle with 0.050 shim - still too rich
stock needle with 0.020 shim - too lean..... ran it a while that way, but surged at steady 80kmh
stock needle with 0.035-0.040 shim - leanish, but nice (good for mileage for commuting) what i'm running now.

Starts easy, sometimes with a 'blip' (don't ask me why, it's not a pumper... my only theory is that it helps defeat somewhat the over-effective decompressor).

42,000km's on it now... still humming along nicely.

HTH's
Cheers,
Pete

PS- don't forget to re-route the carb breather tubes...... right Sean? ;-)

Well thats is just about perfect. I knew the hard-cores were watchin! I was alwasy a little jelous of that little green bike Pete. It was my first choice before my DRZ then the KLR. The NOT so Good Time Center were being bitches so i went Suzi. I found a NEW 2013 Kleeenx two fiddy for 4700 and I wet myself. I have been riding it non stop and love being back on a light bike that i can rev the crap out of. Yes its a little slow,...who cares. The suspension is awesome and I feel like a hero tossing it around. I am a little obsessed with hopups and will probibly bling the crap out of it in time. Ive ordered some junk already but asking for jetting help was an excuse to say hi. So..What kinda pipe do i want....
Too bad about the Sens,...Go Pens!
garry499 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 07:53 PM   #6667
RobP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 152
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadly99 View Post
What are you buying Rob?
2009 Yamaha XT250 for the Mrs.

Got it home, but the neutral/clutch in safety isn't working......
Old 06-03-2013, 08:11 PM   #6668
CanadianX
Oh!? That is deep.

Anyone know what the replacement rear signal light bulb on a 09 Ktm 690 is in north american speak.
Old 06-04-2013, 02:58 AM   #6669
shipwrek12001
Shipwrek

Quote:
Anyone know what the replacement rear signal light bulb on a 09 Ktm 690 is in north american speak.

L.E.D..... do I win?
Old 06-04-2013, 03:33 AM   #6670
PeteZ
Adventurer

Oddometer: 87
[QUOTE=garry499;21560349]
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteZ View Post
Yo Gary! how goes?

what year KLeeneX? here are my settings for my '09, with the larger intake snorkel (#14073-1577), muffler drilled one baffle, and smog reed pump removed:

Drill &remove the idle jet screw cover. turn out another 3/4 turn or so.
92063-1074 Main Jet #128
92064-1050 Pilot #38

Needles:
used the N1TC needle .... disaster - *way* too rich (the needle is significantly shorter)
stock needle with 0.050 shim - still too rich
stock needle with 0.020 shim - too lean..... ran it a while that way, but surged at steady 80kmh
stock needle with 0.035-0.040 shim - leanish, but nice (good for mileage for commuting) what i'm running now.

Starts easy, sometimes with a 'blip' (don't ask me why, it's not a pumper... my only theory is that it helps defeat somewhat the over-effective decompressor).

42,000km's on it now... still humming along nicely.

HTH's
Cheers,
Pete

PS- don't forget to re-route the carb breather tubes...... right Sean? ;-)

Well thats is just about perfect. I knew the hard-cores were watchin! I was alwasy a little jelous of that little green bike Pete. It was my first choice before my DRZ then the KLR. The NOT so Good Time Center were being bitches so i went Suzi. I found a NEW 2013 Kleeenx two fiddy for 4700 and I wet myself. I have been riding it non stop and love being back on a light bike that i can rev the crap out of. Yes its a little slow,...who cares. The suspension is awesome and I feel like a hero tossing it around. I am a little obsessed with hopups and will probibly bling the crap out of it in time. Ive ordered some junk already but asking for jetting help was an excuse to say hi. So..What kinda pipe do i want....
Too bad about the Sens,...Go Pens!
Cool! great find! wow, Kawi is really miking this one.... still no fuel injection. Then again, gravity never fails as opposed to in tank fuel pumps ;-) LOL Yeah, gutless, but lotsa fun, with a soft susp that's easy to live with daily. If you want to wake it up and make it a tractor, then look into BillBlue's 351 kit - he sells a pumper too. Hard on gas (larger 3 gal tank avail from IMS) reportedly, but lots more torque. I like torque better than hp, so the stock pipe is actually pretty good imho.
PeteZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 03:49 AM   #6671
Emmbeedee
Procrastinators

Oddometer: 8,916
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quantis View Post
Congratulations to her!

Our son got his full M last week too...

Emmbeedee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 10:56 AM   #6672
shipwrek12001
Shipwrek

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteZ View Post

Cool! great find! wow, Kawi is really miking this one.... still no fuel injection. Then again, gravity never fails as opposed to in tank fuel pumps ;-) LOL Yeah, gutless, but lotsa fun, with a soft susp that's easy to live with daily. If you want to wake it up and make it a tractor, then look into BillBlue's 351 kit - he sells a pumper too. Hard on gas (larger 3 gal tank avail from IMS) reportedly, but lots more torque. I like torque better than hp, so the stock pipe is actually pretty good imho.

I agree that gravity never fails to suck fuel and there is no replacement for displacement...
Old 06-05-2013, 01:19 PM   #6673
Emmbeedee
Procrastinators

Oddometer: 8,916
Quote:
Originally Posted by shipwrek12001 View Post
I agree that gravity never fails to suck fuel
And Fuel Injection blows.
Emmbeedee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 02:12 PM   #6674
shipwrek12001
Shipwrek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmbeedee View Post
And Fuel Injection blows.

why yes....yes it does....
Old 06-06-2013, 02:11 AM   #6675
tattewell
Mad Poser

Oddometer: 756
Quote:
After my first ride in the dirt with my 690, i realised it greatly benefits from flush mounts.
tattewell is offline   Reply With Quote