Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-19-2013, 04:49 AM   #7381
shipwrek12001
Shipwrek

Oddometer: 2,072
Quote:
Originally Posted by shipwrek12001 View Post
what do you think it is worth?? mount is on the way 75$

psst what is it worth? paid 800 7yrs ago....
Old 11-19-2013, 04:52 AM   #7382
Emmbeedee
Procrastinators

Oddometer: 9,347
Quote:
psst what is it worth? paid 800 7yrs ago....
Sorry Sean: what you paid has nothing to do with what people will give you now. That's why I suggested eBay, if you're looking for the most you can get.
Emmbeedee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 04:58 AM   #7383
thumpididump
MacGyver

Oddometer: 2,585
Man's best friend, I tell 'ya.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadly99 View Post
Sell it after cleaning it ip and buying a cheap mount...get a Montana for xmas (let the dog buy it for ya, lol, I wonder what my dogs are gonna "buy" me this year. everybody year they get me exactly what I want )
thumpididump is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 05:02 AM   #7384
thumpididump
MacGyver

The problem with selling on eBay is that costs are way too high for the casual seller. Unless you're making your living as an eBay seller, it's hardly worth the effort.

I've had much better luck unloading spare parts and other stuff in the ADV forum flea market. My best guess, you'll get $250 for it. Put that cash toward a new Montana.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmbeedee View Post
Sorry Sean: what you paid has nothing to do with what people will give you now. That's why I suggested eBay, if you're looking for the most you can get.
Old 11-19-2013, 05:11 AM   #7385
shipwrek12001
Shipwrek

Oddometer: 2,072
the Montana is the only way I will go after selling it. I'm just dreaming the zumo is worth more than 250.
I have never ebayed anything.. and if there is costs associated, then I sure want more than that.
Old 11-19-2013, 05:30 AM   #7386
acecadillac
n00b

Oddometer: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by dialdn View Post
Yes I agree about 307. My folks live up in Val des bois. The route through Cantley is far more fun than the 50 through Buckingham and up. The problem with the twisties past Cantley is the sand on the roads at times. Never ridden any of these on a motorcycle but way too many times in a car.

I am near Carp. So, planning routes like Foymount, #1 to Pembroke (which is fantastic in the fall), Calabogie.

D
My preferred route to Val des bois from Buckingham is through Papineau Labelle Park and there are several routes to take. There was snow in the park this weekend and it made for a great ride.
acecadillac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 05:35 AM   #7387
acecadillac
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitotshock View Post
Out in Renfrew here, usually get out to do some good riding and know most of the roads around Renfrew, Eganville, Bancroft areas. I tend to avoid the usual bike roads (like Calbogie to Grifith) because they start to look like a wasp-nest in the summer there are so many bikes. Prefer to be out on the roads where no one else is. I am planning on organizing a pavement - mostly gravel ride some weekend that will do a big loop starting somewhere around Arnprior and cover about 400-500km.

I'll Let everyone know when I've got something... Got to do some practice riding this spring as a buddy and I are goin' to Inuvik this summer!
I am right with on the un used roads. I ride often to Bancroft from Ottawa, as I have a trailer down there. I try to do as much off road as possible.
Old 11-19-2013, 05:45 AM   #7388
acecadillac
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Alexander View Post
Cumberland ferry is open all year. For guys coming from the east there's also a new ferry near Rockland that said they would be open all year but I haven't tried it yet.

Straight north of there is Papineau-Labelle Nature Reserve.

http://www.sepaq.com/resources/pdfs/...onang_2008.pdf

http://www.sepaq.com/resources/pdfs/...e_generale.pdf

I did a couple of exploratory rides in there last year and there is a ton of dirt riding to be done in there. I hear something like a thousand miles of trails from easy gravel raods to really knarly looking stuff. I got cold feet being on the big GS and trying some of the smaller trails so I'm looking for something smaller this year. ATV's are not allowed in there, not like the Larose Forest so it's hunters, fishermen and loggers.

Keep the thread going and I'll join you guys for some of those Saturday rides
I was riding in the park this weekend. There was snow and it is awesome. I have a cottage in Montpellier, so I play in there all the time. You bike is fine for most of it. We tend to explore more of the obscure trails in there, as I find them more interesting. I can do them with the KLR, but I do prefer a smaller bike in there.

Cheers
Old 11-19-2013, 06:13 AM   #7389
Berger
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 685
Quote:
the Montana is the only way I will go after selling it. I'm just dreaming the zumo is worth more than 250.
I have never ebayed anything.. and if there is costs associated, then I sure want more than that.
Damn! $800 for the Zumo?? When I was pricing out GPS' around the same time, I went with the 60Csx and I have been running it since. I know it is small for the older eyes in the crowd........but it cost me less than half of the Zumo.

When you go the Montana Route, check out GPSCity.ca. They are great to deal with and FAST shipping from out West. I bet their prices are on par with everywhere else.

http://www.gpscity.ca/search/q=montana

http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=723916
Berger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 06:30 AM   #7390
thumpididump
MacGyver

Oh, yes...eBay takes a % commission from the final sale price, plus they also charge a listing fee regarless of whether it sells or not. For a $250 sale you'll pay about $15-20 to eBay for the privilege of using their service. Then, if you receive payment using Paypal, there will be a fee there as well...probably another $7-10. Forget sekling on eBay. Just take some photos and post it on ADV. Ask for $300 + shipping and cross your fingers.

Quote:
Old 11-19-2013, 06:32 AM   #7391
thumpididump
MacGyver

The price of the Montana is starting to drop because it's being replaced by the Monterra (very nice but expensive).
Old 11-19-2013, 06:38 AM   #7392
acecadillac
n00b

World travel moto discovery and Ottawa riding buddys

My goal coming to this forum is to meet people that seriously ride. I mean the type of riding offered by Motodiscovery. I want meet people that want to explore the world a bit. Also interested in and ride routes in the eastern Ontario and western Quebec area.

A little about me:

I ride and I am obsessed about it. I ride pretty much every weekend and more. I have a trailer in Bancroft and ride all over that area and find new trails almost every weekend in the summer. Plus, we have a cottage in Montpellier, so I ride that area too. In fact I ride through Papineau Park to get there and many other routes. We even road this weekend in the park with snow and it was the glorious. I also love riding in the spring snow as well. In the winter, I ride a sport ATV.

If this appeals to you, I look forward to riding with you.

Cheers
Old 11-19-2013, 06:45 AM   #7393
Drif10
Accredited Jackass

Oddometer: 46,031
Post it for $350 shipping included to North America. By post, it'll be about $40 cost, bypasses the average US buyer's reluctance to cross border shop.
Old 11-19-2013, 07:27 AM   #7394
juames
Have Fun, Don't Die!

Oddometer: 2,377
Kijiji is always worth a try to...free and then you don't have to worry about shipping.
Old 11-19-2013, 10:48 AM   #7395
Berger
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 685
Quote:

As an example, there is one listed in QC for $500. Base yours on that....

http://qc.kijiji.ca/c-autos-et-vehic...AdIdZ539267533

http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=723916
Berger is offline   Reply With Quote