Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-06-2014, 07:10 AM   #7951
shipwrek12001
Shipwrek

Oddometer: 2,040
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianX View Post
OGTC doesn't inspire my confidence. Dropped the bike off this am to have the fuel pump warranty recall checked out and to have the service light clear and codes checked.

On a plus note I will be getting a new fuel pump, though I suspect there is nothing wrong with the one in the bike.

On a negative note I was clear about wanting them to confirm the battery and starter were both good and tell me if there was any codes when they hooked it up to the computer. I explained that the bike would turn over slow then fire and I suspected the battery but wanted to confirm the starter before my warranty expired. Went back to pick up the bike and asked the service guy about this and he hadn't confirmed with the tech who was now gone for the day. It's not like it was a complex request and as I'll be paying to have them clear the service light I'd sure like to know if there were any codes.

BTW can anyone confirm if the service light comes on every 10k or annually?
Mechanics and kids.... dealers

ever notice that most everyone working in the motorcycle shop is under 30... usually ? people over 30 is in the admin or sales or some other function of the motorcycle store. So looking at the average tec at 25, he just finished college (hopefully) got a job at the biggest store in the city... how much time actually working on bikes? at ogtc they have kawi, bmw , triumph with piles of models each.. could that 25yr old tec actually know all the models inside and out? not likely..

We at our young age, finally get our dream bike, do more research on our newest acquisition than any salesman could ever want to. learn about connecting your fuel injected bike to the computer... learn what it is telling you...

so that 25yr old is now on flat rate, and has no time to read the manual, no time to stop and understand, no time to learn what and why he is doing to your bike... if it isn't written down.. it doesn't get done.

then we blame the dealer... all dealers (imho) are the same way.. hire young, pay cheap, don't ask for something he should but doesn't understand.

the muck muck writing your work order couldn't care less, and unless it comes to mind for him, while tec is working on your bike... it won't get done..

So to help you get the message to your tec it must be spelled out with your phone number in the remarks field, not just in info header...

in your case:

fuel pump recall #1234
load test battery
test amp draw on starter, because of slow cranking
call me 613 456 7890

your number in the remarks field is instruction for him to call you...if not no call.. unless more work is required... the service writer will feel like your undermining him... and you are, because he isn't writing shit down like he is supposed to... which creates your "OGTC doesn't inspire my confidence" feeling

this isn't about Dave, more about filling work orders to dealers... cars trucks bikes they are all the same...

write it down on the work order if you want something done... you control what it says on the order not the writer..

all of course imho....
Old 04-06-2014, 07:16 AM   #7952
Drif10
Accredited Jackass

Oddometer: 45,334
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmbeedee View Post
You're not resetting it with GS911 are you?

Or maybe BMW wasn't using the reminder on the early 1200s. But it was certainly there on our Fs in '08-'09.
Nope. Need to buy one of them things, with 175k on the clock I'm probably gonna need it.
Old 04-06-2014, 07:19 AM   #7953
Drif10
Accredited Jackass

Oddometer: 45,334
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadly99 View Post
The outcome of your visit is, sadly, predictable.

Why, why, why do people bring their bikes there...it very rarely ends up well for the customer.
Been calling them the Badtime Centre since the early 90's when they were on Bank.

They gotta be doing something right to have stayed in business all these years, but be damned if I can tell what it is.

Same for Wheelsport.

Ottawa seriously lacks any decent shop, the two big/long time ones aren't anywhere I'd send anyone. But yet they succeed.
Old 04-06-2014, 08:01 AM   #7954
Slow Toast
pfft

Oddometer: 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drif10 View Post
Been calling them the Badtime Centre since the early 90's when they were on Bank.

They gotta be doing something right to have stayed in business all these years, but be damned if I can tell what it is.

Same for Wheelsport.

Ottawa seriously lacks any decent shop, the two big/long time ones aren't anywhere I'd send anyone. But yet they succeed.
It is a mystery. Are there non-compete clauses in their dealership agreements? (So as to choke out any competing start-ups?)

I stopped in to Wheelsport in June of 2012 to pick up some chain cleaner. They didn't have any, so told me to clean my chain with gasoline. I hopped back on the 174 and went to Rockland Wheels. I make sure I don't run out and always add a can or two on my Canada's Motorcycle orders.
Old 04-06-2014, 01:12 PM   #7955
shipwrek12001
Shipwrek

Oddometer: 2,040
cleaning the carb on the drz400... over tightened the pilot jet... and well broke it..

so ogtc, wheelsport or Motor Sports World..... i only need a 10 dollar pilot jet.... online... 20 dollar shipping..
Old 04-06-2014, 01:36 PM   #7956
pelvis_98
Havin A Time

Oddometer: 1,954
Quote:
Originally Posted by shipwrek12001 View Post
cleaning the carb on the drz400... over tightened the pilot jet... and well broke it..

so ogtc, wheelsport or Motor Sports World..... i only need a 10 dollar pilot jet.... online... 20 dollar shipping..
Was Ted over?
pelvis_98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 01:48 PM   #7957
SigPig
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 200
Lots of bikes out today. Thinking I might be feeling under the weather tomorrow.
SigPig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 01:51 PM   #7958
Deadly99
Fast and Far

Oddometer: 8,557
Quote:
Originally Posted by pelvis_98 View Post
Was Ted over?

TCAT (Trans Canada Adventure Trail)

Gravel Travel Canada - Canada's Source for Overland Travel
Deadly99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 02:42 PM   #7959
dresda
shut up and RIDE!

Oddometer: 949
Sand report:

Scale - 1 = no sand at all

10 - covered in sand but with two clear wheel tracks with frequent sand right across the road (like, say, the Letterkenny road up in Renfrew county )

Battersea Road: 4
Opinicon Road: 8
Desert Lake Road: 8
Old Kingston Road: 2
Otter Lake Road: 2 for the first half going westward deteriorating to an 8 at the westerly portion
Westport Road to Godfrey: 1
Narrows Lock Road: 1 but there is water across the road at one point. Well marked with pylons.
'....and I shall baffle you with cabbages and rhinoceroses in the kitchen, incessant quotations from "Now We Are Six" through the mouthpiece of Lord Snooty's giant, poisoned, electric head. ' from My Pink Half of the Drainpipe by Bonzo Dog Doo Dah Band.
dresda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 02:44 PM   #7960
nick949eldo
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 763
You and Mike really got around today. It was a good one!

Nick
nick949eldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 02:50 PM   #7961
dresda
shut up and RIDE!

Oddometer: 949
Brisk but awesome.
'....and I shall baffle you with cabbages and rhinoceroses in the kitchen, incessant quotations from "Now We Are Six" through the mouthpiece of Lord Snooty's giant, poisoned, electric head. ' from My Pink Half of the Drainpipe by Bonzo Dog Doo Dah Band.
dresda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 02:55 PM   #7962
rkt88
Adventurer

Oddometer: 28
riding

no ridin for me yet sent the big girls legs out for some lovin to SUPERPLUSH cant wait to get them back sucks cause she sittin in the living room/mancave lookin at me when we goin ridin could you imagine what a fuckin nightmare it would be if u sent your stuff to WHEELSPORT for service
Old 04-06-2014, 03:38 PM   #7963
CanadianX
Oh!? That is deep.

Oddometer: 1,242
There is a tech at wheelsport that I think good at what he does and cares. Think his name might be Dave. He's older, brit accent and former military. Had the KTM for warranty work last year and he took the time to hammer the dents out of my skid plate, went through all the settings and was very keen to make sure all the sensors were playing nice and the bike was running as it should.

Much like my experience at Woody's.

Agree with you Emmbeedee.

Had the KTM for a nice little ride today. In along Barron Canyon rd. Snow is mostly cleared off, some puddles and mud and really soft shoulders that will keep you on your toes. The Scorpion Pro doesn't like hard surfaces (paved or dirt road) and spins at will but is pretty predictable when it slides in the corners. Waiting to see how it will be on the trail but I think the 690 will demolish it in short order. I am digging the 46 tooth rear sprocket. A minor change but makes the bike a bit snappier feeling.

CanadianX screwed with this post 04-06-2014 at 03:45 PM
CanadianX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 04:05 PM   #7964
Keating
pre-n00b

Oddometer: 184
Quote:
Must have been all the talk of OGTC.

'04 KLR650
Keating is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 04:31 PM   #7965
mrmarkfr
Adventurer

Oddometer: 10
Quote:

I've been somewhat happy with Motorsports World on Roydon, but I also found out about WinnersCircleMotorsports in Toronto, jets look like they're $5 each.
mrmarkfr is offline   Reply With Quote