ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Orange Crush
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 05-19-2004, 08:09 AM   #1
Ricardo Kuhn OP
a.k.a. Mr Rico Suave
 
Ricardo Kuhn's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2001
Location: Salt lake city, Utah
Oddometer: 12,225
Really simple Cosmetic improvement for the grey 950

Okay maybe not that simple..

thanks to james sugestion I decide tyo cover the black part of my Grey tanks with Orange scottcal tape.that a diference a little detail like this make

Yeah i do think the orange glove box and rear panels help a lot


I'm going to the sheetiron thanks to Vrago and i did not want to waste my pretty panels and tanks


someday when I figure out how i want to paint this tanks,I will but foe now I don't care if they get scratch,,thanks to Big twin I'm getting some Guards on the next two days,,will see


please remenber the bike alll pristine,i'm pretty sure after this weekend will never be the same sad but dirt riding was the main reason I got it,,the tyres I'm going to send on a car and change them at the beging of the ride to not waste them on the street.
__________________
I'm looking for a cheap battery for my 11GS so I can get her running again..
Ricardo Kuhn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2004, 08:34 AM   #2
K2ride
Single track mind!
 
K2ride's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2004
Location: Quebec, Canada
Oddometer: 1,615
Hey....
That looks real good!

Hard to improve on but....
Have you considered painting the front black plastic grill Orange like the PD bikes?

You`ve got a winner here!
Keep us posted.
__________________
Ride hard, ...life's short!
K2ride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2004, 08:39 AM   #3
Ricardo Kuhn OP
a.k.a. Mr Rico Suave
 
Ricardo Kuhn's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2001
Location: Salt lake city, Utah
Oddometer: 12,225
Quote:
Originally Posted by K2ride
Hey....
That looks real good!

Hard to improve on but....
Have you considered painting the front black plastic grill Orange like the PD bikes?

You`ve got a winner here!
Keep us posted.

well thank Boegangles for that one,is pretty much the same color as the old dakar racer

yeah the front grill will look awesome in orange but i will need a new piece and than i don't have.

this is just to prove how a simple change in color can chance something so dramatically,,hell she looks better this way than when she is full orange
__________________
I'm looking for a cheap battery for my 11GS so I can get her running again..
Ricardo Kuhn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2004, 10:51 AM   #4
Renazco
Formerly AKA Boejangles
 
Renazco's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2003
Location: Santa Rosa, Ca.
Oddometer: 4,742
Looks great Ricky Now after this weekend I'm sure it will look more like the Meoni bike, get some decals on there so that thing looks racey..
Attached Images
 
Renazco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2004, 06:09 PM   #5
Greg Minor
The Trespasser
 
Greg Minor's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2003
Location: Escondido Ca
Oddometer: 2,322
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricardo Kuhn
Okay maybe not that simple..

thanks to james sugestion I decide tyo cover the black part of my Grey tanks with Orange scottcal tape.that a diference a little detail like this make

Yeah i do think the orange glove box and rear panels help a lot


I'm going to the sheetiron thanks to Vrago and i did not want to waste my pretty panels and tanks


someday when I figure out how i want to paint this tanks,I will but foe now I don't care if they get scratch,,thanks to Big twin I'm getting some Guards on the next two days,,will see


please remenber the bike alll pristine,i'm pretty sure after this weekend will never be the same sad but dirt riding was the main reason I got it,,the tyres I'm going to send on a car and change them at the beging of the ride to not waste them on the street.
I need a nice unscratched left side panel I scratched mine up this weekend want to trade your nice one for my scratched on plus a little $
__________________
THE ORANGE ONES ARE FASTER!
Have maximum fun while preserving bike and body
2004 KTM 950
2003 Ducati Multistrada
2001 Honda XR 400
1988 C&J Honda 625
1970 Honda SL 100 (green)
Greg Minor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2004, 06:23 PM   #6
Ricardo Kuhn OP
a.k.a. Mr Rico Suave
 
Ricardo Kuhn's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2001
Location: Salt lake city, Utah
Oddometer: 12,225
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Minor
I need a nice unscratched left side panel I scratched mine up this weekend want to trade your nice one for my scratched on plus a little $
Greg you Bike is orange or not..
i don't have any orange plastics exept for the ones on my bike(reason i install the GREY ones,to not scratch the ORANGE ones)
if you want Grey I sell you some for Cheap but SOLD not trade,if you want to trash you scratch one,let me know and maybe i give you a litte bid of money or something
__________________
I'm looking for a cheap battery for my 11GS so I can get her running again..
Ricardo Kuhn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2004, 06:50 PM   #7
Greg Minor
The Trespasser
 
Greg Minor's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2003
Location: Escondido Ca
Oddometer: 2,322
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricardo Kuhn
Greg you Bike is orange or not..
i don't have any orange plastics exept for the ones on my bike(reason i install the GREY ones,to not scratch the ORANGE ones)
if you want Grey I sell you some for Cheap but SOLD not trade,if you want to trash you scratch one,let me know and maybe i give you a litte bid of money or something
Yes my bike is orange I think I will just leave the scratched ones on at least until after the Big Cat I'm sure I will crash again
__________________
THE ORANGE ONES ARE FASTER!
Have maximum fun while preserving bike and body
2004 KTM 950
2003 Ducati Multistrada
2001 Honda XR 400
1988 C&J Honda 625
1970 Honda SL 100 (green)
Greg Minor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2004, 08:48 PM   #8
Ricardo Kuhn OP
a.k.a. Mr Rico Suave
 
Ricardo Kuhn's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2001
Location: Salt lake city, Utah
Oddometer: 12,225
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Minor
Yes my bike is orange I think I will just leave the scratched ones on at least until after the Big Cat I'm sure I will crash again
the way I see motorcycles .....
they are like fancy shoes,the first scratch hurts like hell but after that you have a really happy life until the toes start to show up...

Just remenber who own who,sometimes people forget that very important factor.
__________________
I'm looking for a cheap battery for my 11GS so I can get her running again..
Ricardo Kuhn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2004, 09:32 PM   #9
Ricardo Kuhn OP
a.k.a. Mr Rico Suave
 
Ricardo Kuhn's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2001
Location: Salt lake city, Utah
Oddometer: 12,225
i think i when a little to far with the stickers...

oh well I'm sure the dirt and the branches will take care of that in no time

the mandatory Jimmy Lewis sticker at the most prominent place on the whole bike


i when to maxmoto and got some nice remus stickers


then i when to the Werkstatt to change my tyres this is my old girdfriends shop and got some more yellow stickers too,,she help me a lot,,really cool shop


the last stop was at Scuderia west,,the orange space on the tank was reserve for them anyway.


Now about the tyres this are the scarriest street tyres I ever try


i when for the michelin desert at the front that I carry all the way from home strap to my backpack


the TKC 80 in the back just because of longevity issues


I for sure hope they work well in the dirt,because on the street is like riding on a wet bar of soap


for sure she looks "The Business,,at least for ones..I'm changing the rear right panel from Ornage to grey tomorrow and I'm going to ride panel less on the left,,I just don't want to scratch the pretty orange plastics
__________________
I'm looking for a cheap battery for my 11GS so I can get her running again..
Ricardo Kuhn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2004, 04:52 AM   #10
gorgopodaros
Gnarly Adventurer
 
gorgopodaros's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2003
Location: on the pegs
Oddometer: 286
Are the tires so bad on the street?
May be you have to run them in ?
Why didn't you get a TKC on the front too?

Oh, and almost forgot...
How's the screen project going ???
gorgopodaros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2004, 06:57 AM   #11
Ricardo Kuhn OP
a.k.a. Mr Rico Suave
 
Ricardo Kuhn's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2001
Location: Salt lake city, Utah
Oddometer: 12,225
Quote:
Originally Posted by gorgopodaros
Are the tires so bad on the street?
May be you have to run them in ?
Why didn't you get a TKC on the front too?

Oh, and almost forgot...
How's the screen project going ???
well maybe because they are brand new and the need to wear in a little
the front tyre features a really round profile and drop in really fast that is not a big deal the "problem"(caracteristic) is that the knobs flex a lot so give you this funny felling

about the rear I see the Deserts getting destroy like the Karro's and I can not affod to be "tottleless" in a dirt bike ride,I do know the KTC will last,I experience the front TKC before and was a "great" street tyre(much better than the desert) but on the sand was really prone to sink in(maybe because is so flat on the top)

My early idea was to take the tyres to stonyford on a car and change them there,but then I be dependent on others and their tool to change them,maybe a can find a tyre breaker, maybe I can not,,plus most of this guys are ussually drunk that night and becomes just to much of a liabitity,aka to many things that can go wrong and i can not afford to do the really challenging trails with the scorpions,,this are basically a 80/100Milles of motorcycle park single track not ultra dificult but challenging no the less on a big bike

windscreen is on hold because i'm working to much,,put it this way I have about 400Milles of "FUN" riding on the bike because i'm working to much
__________________
I'm looking for a cheap battery for my 11GS so I can get her running again..
Ricardo Kuhn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2004, 07:54 AM   #12
Andrew
Optimus Primer
 
Andrew's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2001
Location: Eastbania
Oddometer: 14,992
Ricky, how many tanks do you have for that bike??? I thought it was all Orange with sparkles when I saw it Tuesday... no?
__________________
Splitting lanes, and splitting hairs.
Andrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2004, 08:14 AM   #13
Ricardo Kuhn OP
a.k.a. Mr Rico Suave
 
Ricardo Kuhn's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2001
Location: Salt lake city, Utah
Oddometer: 12,225
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew
Ricky, how many tanks do you have for that bike??? I thought it was all Orange with sparkles when I saw it Tuesday... no?
some time ago I got a bunch(more than two) of grey tanks in preparation for the new bike,the idea at the time was to get a crash bike but that never happend and install the better tanks.

basically the orange plastics are to pretty and even if they are not totally perfect I want to keep them that way,so i install the grey tanks that i don't really care scratching at least less than the pretty orange ones,specially since i plan to paint them some day when I figure a cool paint job
__________________
I'm looking for a cheap battery for my 11GS so I can get her running again..
Ricardo Kuhn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2004, 11:15 AM   #14
Singletrack
Adventurer
 
Joined: Jan 2004
Location: Toronto
Oddometer: 66
What the hell is "Orange scottcal tape"??

Do you mean Scotch tape? Duct tape?

Where did you buy the stuff?

Looks good, but I think it might look even better with an orange seat cover from the GO!!!!!! model, and the silver side panels. The orange would carry from the front to the back of the bike. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and all that crap.
Singletrack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2004, 11:51 AM   #15
Ricardo Kuhn OP
a.k.a. Mr Rico Suave
 
Ricardo Kuhn's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2001
Location: Salt lake city, Utah
Oddometer: 12,225
Quote:
Originally Posted by Singletrack
What the hell is "Orange scottcal tape"??

Do you mean Scotch tape? Duct tape?

Where did you buy the stuff?
Scothcal(I'm pretty sure that is the correct name) is a product from 3M and comes in a wide variaty of colors,this is the kind of stuff they use on signs and stickers and that is pretty much the place you get it(dificult to find retail for sure),is also not cheap about $4,50 a feet buy 16" wide (i think).
the main problem is that is very thin and not exactlly suitable for motorcycle use but for experimenting with color combinations is perfect.

Quote:

Looks good, but I think it might look even better with an orange seat cover from the GO!!!!!! model, and the silver side panels. The orange would carry from the front to the back of the bike. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and all that crap.
I agre the orange seat will look amazing on it,,actually a Black seat with orange top will be totally perfect.
__________________
I'm looking for a cheap battery for my 11GS so I can get her running again..

Ricardo Kuhn screwed with this post 05-20-2004 at 11:56 AM
Ricardo Kuhn is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 08:08 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014