ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional Forums > West California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Yesterday, 05:47 AM   #1
MotorcycleWriter OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,250
Arizona (Tucson) Vehicle Registration (and other Big Brother crap)

I spent some time out in Tucson a few years ago and liked it. Now it looks like I might get the chance to move there for work. Before I jump in I'm looking to get some information on government oppression in the Grand Canyon State. Specifically, I've got a couple of motorcycles (and cars) I'll have to register. What are the typical fees and requirements for bringing in vehicles out of state and are there any emissions tests? Are emissions testing requirements the same for cars, trucks, and motorcycles? Any other draconian Big Brother policies that I might not know about until after I arrive? (I already know about the surveillance units - er, automated traffic cameras. )
MotorcycleWriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:48 AM   #2
Drunk_Uncle
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,400
I don't know much on the automobile side because all my cages are registered out of state, but for motorcycles there are no emissions testing and I registered my KLR as a street legal m/c primarily for off road use and a OHV sticker for 52 bucks after buying it from some dude in Flag. I live in Phoenix area.
Old Yesterday, 01:16 PM   #3
swimmer
armchair asshole

Oddometer: 4,958
No fees for bringing out of state vehicles here, just have to register them normally. I have 2 8 year old cars that are each about $150 a year to renew. I think emissions testing is every 2 or 3 years. I've got no problems with the emmisions requirements. Go to Shanghai or Beijing and come back and tell me you'd like fewer pollution controls in this country.

I don't understand the policy of new cars having to pay higher registration fees. Doesn't encourage new car sales (tax revenue/job creation) and fees based on vehicle weight make the most sense.
swimmer is online now   Reply With Quote