ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 07-03-2014, 10:18 PM   #1
decooney OP
Enduro Rider
 
Joined: Jul 2011
Location: NorCal / Folsom CA
Oddometer: 52
Any NorCal Dual Sport Group Riders ???

Any local NorCal dual sport riders here?

I sold my 450 doing less OHV and single track stuff any more, just bought a new 2014 KTM 690 Enduro R. Will be looking to get reacquainted to the Northern CA dual sport 50/50 riders around here who do some combo road and dirt double-track dirt rides. Will need some seat time while doing some break-in and sorting out time with a newer bike.

I also took a look over at the gold country dual sport riders (GCDSR) site too. I'm wondering if there are any known group rides planned September to March when it starts cooling off.

Anyone here in NorCal, Eldorado, Gold Country DS riders here in the regional west coast forum?

decooney screwed with this post 07-13-2014 at 11:17 AM
decooney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 10:32 PM   #2
fletch123
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Sep 2006
Location: Truckee, Ca.
Oddometer: 169
Yeah, just buy a KTM 950 or 990 and will let you in the club. Just don't get an 1190 cause there not allowed. It would make us too jealous.
Seriously, my buddy Sharpie and I both ride 950s so when you get your bike look us up. Just make sure it's a KTM. Just joking sort of. There is no better big DS bike out there.
fletch123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 10:57 PM   #3
decooney OP
Enduro Rider
 
Joined: Jul 2011
Location: NorCal / Folsom CA
Oddometer: 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by fletch123 View Post
Yeah, just buy a KTM 950 or 990 and will let you in the club. Just don't get an 1190 cause there not allowed. It would make us too jealous.
Seriously, my buddy Sharpie and I both ride 950s so when you get your bike look us up. Just make sure it's a KTM. Just joking sort of. There is no better big DS bike out there.
Okay, thanks, I'll look for the secret password after I get my next bike, but I'll share up front I'm not much of a KTM fanboy and don't have an orange crush or anything. Grew up as a Honda Red and Yamaha Yellow and Blue rider instead. :) Recently sold my amazing Beta 450RS to do more open riding with a bit more road mixed in to extend my trail explorations. I put a deposit on a new KTM 690 Enduro R. I almost went down that path of the bigger ADV bikes. The large KTM DS bikes are very cool, but not my cup of tea right now. I test rode the new KTM 1190 Enduro and decided I needed something smaller and more nimble, but capable enough to get me down the road to the next dirt trail ride. A buddy sold his 950, bought a 690, and so I test rode two different 690s and decided this would be the better dual sport adv bike for me. I'm hoping the 690R will be my next bike. I will be on the lookout for group ride announcements in the future. Thx.
.
.
.
.

decooney screwed with this post 07-04-2014 at 07:42 AM
decooney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 03:20 PM   #4
DoWorkSon
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Oct 2012
Location: North CA
Oddometer: 266
Where in Nor Cal?
DoWorkSon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 07:29 AM   #5
Hop-Sing
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Hop-Sing's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2011
Oddometer: 368
Nor Cal

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoWorkSon View Post
Where in Nor Cal?
I laugh when I hear Nor Cal, sorry, but really. Where is Nor Cal.
Sacramento is Central. I live in Red Bluff Ca. still 150 miles from the boarder. My friends in Nor Cal call me a Flat lander.
Hop-Sing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 01:23 PM   #6
DoWorkSon
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Oct 2012
Location: North CA
Oddometer: 266
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hop-Sing View Post
I laugh when I hear Nor Cal, sorry, but really. Where is Nor Cal.
Sacramento is Central. I live in Red Bluff Ca. still 150 miles from the boarder. My friends in Nor Cal call me a Flat lander.
I know, it's a huge area. People consider Sacramento north, but its more central. People in Sacramento consider Fresno Central. I think anything north of Stockton to be "north".... but nor cal is still a huge area. Thats why I asked where he was, because north could be Eureka, or could be Auburn. All depends
DoWorkSon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 02:30 PM   #7
Rockgarden Bob
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Rockgarden Bob's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2009
Location: Chico, CA.
Oddometer: 205
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoWorkSon View Post
Where in Nor Cal?
Nor Cal? how about all California counties within the State of Jefferson.
__________________
http://www.ironmandualsport.com
Rockgarden Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 10:00 PM   #8
Hop-Sing
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Hop-Sing's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2011
Oddometer: 368
Jefferson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockgarden Bob View Post
Nor Cal? how about all California counties within the State of Jefferson.
Maybe, but that is even stretching it. I need a good ride, but I aint going South, till I'm headed home.
Hop-Sing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 10:50 PM   #9
avejoe
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Mar 2011
Location: Down around the corner half a mile from here
Oddometer: 147
Geographers have traditionally recognized the boundary of Northern/Southern California as the Tehachapi Mountains.

Central California is generally recognized as the coastal area from Big Sur to Point Conception.

The area including and adjacent to Fresno is known as the anus of California.
__________________
2002 1150RT
2006 KLR 685
2012 TE511

I have a fever, and the only prescription is more moto.
avejoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 03:29 PM   #10
Foot dragger
singletracker
 
Foot dragger's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2006
Location: chico,just below rag dump(nor-cal)
Oddometer: 12,299
The North land starts with Chico,and then goes on from there.

Red Bluff is sort of an anamoly and is only on the map as a courtesy.
__________________
Some bikes around at times
Foot dragger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 04:58 PM   #11
Hop-Sing
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Hop-Sing's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2011
Oddometer: 368
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foot dragger View Post
The North land starts with Chico,and then goes on from there.

Red Bluff is sort of an anamoly and is only on the map as a courtesy.
I never get to ride with any of the guys from Down in Chico. They all spend countless journeys up and down the hill out their backdoor. That's great and all but when you live Up North in Red Bluff At the intersection of...

Hwy 36 East and west.
The big slab runs through it.
As does the Sacramento river.
Mendocino, Trinity, Shasta, Cascades, all out my back door. Oh and the one's you all ride in.
And Those, just a beginning.

So an anomaly may be the wrong word. Maybe "Hell on Wheels" would be more appropriate today.
Hop-Sing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 06:11 PM   #12
Foot dragger
singletracker
 
Foot dragger's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2006
Location: chico,just below rag dump(nor-cal)
Oddometer: 12,299
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hop-Sing View Post
I never get to ride with any of the guys from Down in Chico. They all spend countless journeys up and down the hill out their backdoor. That's great and all but when you live Up North in Red Bluff At the intersection of...

Hwy 36 East and west.
The big slab runs through it.
As does the Sacramento river.
Mendocino, Trinity, Shasta, Cascades, all out my back door. Oh and the one's you all ride in.
And Those, just a beginning.

So an anomaly may be the wrong word. Maybe "Hell on Wheels" would be more appropriate today.
I will stop by your place on my next 36 run,my DR really needs to get out,soon.

I know some of your roads but you know more.
__________________
Some bikes around at times
Foot dragger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 06:16 PM   #13
Foot dragger
singletracker
 
Foot dragger's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2006
Location: chico,just below rag dump(nor-cal)
Oddometer: 12,299
Quote:
Originally Posted by avejoe View Post
Geographers have traditionally recognized the boundary of Northern/Southern California as the Tehachapi Mountains.

Central California is generally recognized as the coastal area from Big Sur to Point Conception.

The area including and adjacent to Fresno is known as the anus of California.
Frezno IS special,I rode Amtrak that way one time,when we rode through the wonderland of burnt mattresses/wadded burnt cars/piles of garbage/broken cement blocks.............I asked the conductor what is the name of this beautiful area? Frezno was all he said,and walked away.
__________________
Some bikes around at times
Foot dragger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 03:13 PM   #14
Hop-Sing
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Hop-Sing's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2011
Oddometer: 368
Get out Foot dragger.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foot dragger View Post
I will stop by your place on my next 36 run,my DR really needs to get out,soon.

I know some of your roads but you know more.
Come see me this weekend. I am at the corner of Hwy 20 and I-80.
Yuba gap, out in the Granite.
Hop-Sing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 01:37 PM   #15
scottrnelson
Team Orange
 
scottrnelson's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2006
Location: Folsom, CA
Oddometer: 1,381
I'll be posting the second annual Sierra Buttes ride on GCDSR sometime in September. I can't figure out exactly when until I'm a couple of weeks out.

We had five bikes on the last one. The next one will involve less "getting lost" between Nevada City and Downieville, since I know that area quite a bit better now.

I might list something in August too. I'm not a fan of big groups, preferring 8 or fewer riders, so the ones I schedule won't be "official rides". But we'll get in lots of dirt roads and they're generally big bike friendly.
__________________
__Scott R. Nelson, 2008 KTM 990 Adventure, 2001 Honda XR650L, Folsom, CA
scottrnelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 07:36 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014