ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-14-2010, 04:30 PM   #5746
jsonder
Tired Old Fart
 
jsonder's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2007
Location: Green Valley, AZ
Oddometer: 510
Quote:
Originally Posted by midengineracer
You guys are telling your age, I had to explain the rabbit to my wife...
I wasn't aware that anyone was hiding their age (well, at least not the guys).

I had a nice tour of Happy Valley with Flashman1 and we met mtndawg and "finished out" with a couple of his milder side routes. I need to avoid anything he feels is "challenging", that is for sure.

__________________
John
2009 Honda CRF230L (L'il Red Piglet)
2014 Honda CB500XA (daily rider)

jsonder screwed with this post 03-14-2010 at 04:48 PM
jsonder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 04:48 PM   #5747
Flashman1
Beastly Adventurer
 
Flashman1's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2006
Location: Tucson
Oddometer: 5,356
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsonder
I wasn't aware that anyone was hiding their age (well, at least not the guys).

I had a nice tour of Happy Valley with Flashman1 and we met mtndawg and "finished out" with a couple of his milder side routes. I need to avoid anything he feels is "challenging", that is for sure.

http://members.cox.net/holdingpen/mtndawg&flashman1.jpg
What do you mean - mtndawg was a wimp on that little 250 Yammer.

Just kidding - that guy can ride.
Flashman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 04:51 PM   #5748
midengineracer
Lost, with a GPS
 
Joined: Dec 2008
Location: UK
Oddometer: 1,285
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flashman1
What do you mean - mtndawg was a wimp on that little 250 Yammer.

Just kidding - that guy can ride.
Watch out when he is on the 200, my wife was tired of watching me hobble around from the rug road ride. He makes it all smooth...
__________________
Thomas
2007 Husqvarna TE250 (Athena 300 kit)
2010 Triumph Scrambler
2010 H-D XR1200

Quote:
Originally Posted by 685
The best accessory for a KLR is another bike for riding offroad.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ-Twin
I need to start riding my bicycle more so I can justify a cool new one.
midengineracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 04:53 PM   #5749
Flashman1
Beastly Adventurer
 
Flashman1's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2006
Location: Tucson
Oddometer: 5,356
Quote:
Originally Posted by midengineracer
Watch out when he is on the 200, my wife was tired of watching me hobble around from the rug road ride. He makes it all smooth...
He told me you did real good.
Flashman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 05:01 PM   #5750
Gummee!
That's MR. Toothless
 
Gummee!'s Avatar
 
Joined: May 2004
Location: NoVA for now...
Oddometer: 27,450
Well, THAT was inneresting...

Rode down to meet Flashman 1 to load up my bike to go riding. Got down to the Circle K and the bike quits. Thought I hit the kill switch or sumthin.



It kicks over with minimal resistance at TDC.

Decomp's lookin OK
Spark plug looks like it ain't blown out the top of the head

First thought: timing belt's broken.

Got home and tore into it:
Timing belt's lookin good
Valves look OK (as in not loose or tight)
Things turn over with the kick starter



I got a call from a buddy wanting to know if I was coming to the PISS Hash. Uhhhh K. I'll be there in a bit.

Just before I took off, I tried it again, and now the kickstarter is acting normal ie: getting real stiff at TDC. I don't have the tank and valve covers off so can't see if it'll start just yet.

Ideas?

M
__________________
I'm a cyclist that rides motos, not a moto rider that rides bicycles.
Gummee! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 05:07 PM   #5751
Flashman1
Beastly Adventurer
 
Flashman1's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2006
Location: Tucson
Oddometer: 5,356
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gummee!
Well, THAT was inneresting...

Rode down to meet Flashman 1 to load up my bike to go riding. Got down to the Circle K and the bike quits. Thought I hit the kill switch or sumthin.



It kicks over with minimal resistance at TDC.

Decomp's lookin OK
Spark plug looks like it ain't blown out the top of the head

First thought: timing belt's broken.

Got home and tore into it:
Timing belt's lookin good
Valves look OK (as in not loose or tight)
Things turn over with the kick starter



I got a call from a buddy wanting to know if I was coming to the PISS Hash. Uhhhh K. I'll be there in a bit.

Just before I took off, I tried it again, and now the kickstarter is acting normal ie: getting real stiff at TDC. I don't have the tank and valve covers off so can't see if it'll start just yet.

Ideas?

M
Adjust the cable for the decompress?
Flashman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 05:13 PM   #5752
jsonder
Tired Old Fart
 
jsonder's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2007
Location: Green Valley, AZ
Oddometer: 510
Who is this fella?

__________________
John
2009 Honda CRF230L (L'il Red Piglet)
2014 Honda CB500XA (daily rider)
jsonder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 05:26 PM   #5753
Flashman1
Beastly Adventurer
 
Flashman1's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2006
Location: Tucson
Oddometer: 5,356
emerson.biguns

We took the north road along the San Pedro - Ocotillo drive and it only went less than a mile before no trespassing
signs.
Flashman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 05:31 PM   #5754
emerson.biguns
All idiot, no savant
 
emerson.biguns's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2007
Location: The Old Pueblo
Oddometer: 9,745
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flashman1
emerson.biguns

We took the north road along the San Pedro - Ocotillo drive and it only went less than a mile before no tresspassing signs.

Thanks, I was going to ask about that.

I guess it won't work.



.
emerson.biguns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 05:55 PM   #5755
Gummee!
That's MR. Toothless
 
Gummee!'s Avatar
 
Joined: May 2004
Location: NoVA for now...
Oddometer: 27,450
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsonder
The kind soul who didn't make me push my defunct ATK up the hill back home!

Sorry I made him late. I'm a bicycle mechanic. When things don't work, it bugs me. When things don't work and I don't know why it REALLY bugs me!

I got a backfire as I was pushing the kickstart thru just now. I'm gonna check/adjust the valves, etc since its apart.

M
__________________
I'm a cyclist that rides motos, not a moto rider that rides bicycles.
Gummee! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 05:56 PM   #5756
Gummee!
That's MR. Toothless
 
Gummee!'s Avatar
 
Joined: May 2004
Location: NoVA for now...
Oddometer: 27,450
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flashman1
Adjust the cable for the decompress?
It seems to be in adjustment.

Seems to be working fine.

I'm REALLY puzzled.

Overheated?



M
__________________
I'm a cyclist that rides motos, not a moto rider that rides bicycles.
Gummee! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 05:57 PM   #5757
HoosierTrailmaster
Just an Old Grizzly
 
HoosierTrailmaster's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2008
Location: Under the Tucson Sun
Oddometer: 2,382
Anyone owned a DR350 and adjusted the valves on it? I could use some help from someone with experience.
__________________
'06 Beta RR 525 "Red KTM"
'02 GasGas EC 300..."The Smoke"
'10 KTM 990 ADV R "Brutus Beefcakes"
HoosierTrailmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 06:01 PM   #5758
Flashman1
Beastly Adventurer
 
Flashman1's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2006
Location: Tucson
Oddometer: 5,356
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gummee!
It seems to be in adjustment.

Seems to be working fine.

I'm REALLY puzzled.

Overheated?



M
Put the tank back on and see if it starts.
Flashman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 06:01 PM   #5759
Flashman1
Beastly Adventurer
 
Flashman1's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2006
Location: Tucson
Oddometer: 5,356
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoosierTrailmaster
Anyone owned a DR350 and adjusted the valves on it? I could use some help from someone with experience.
shims or screw??
Flashman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 06:12 PM   #5760
HoosierTrailmaster
Just an Old Grizzly
 
HoosierTrailmaster's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2008
Location: Under the Tucson Sun
Oddometer: 2,382
Screw...should be fairly easy.
__________________
'06 Beta RR 525 "Red KTM"
'02 GasGas EC 300..."The Smoke"
'10 KTM 990 ADV R "Brutus Beefcakes"
HoosierTrailmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 04:20 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014