ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-17-2010, 06:09 PM   #5881
Armacham
I Voted for Kodos!

Oddometer: 660
Quote:
Originally Posted by KIC
Sean..can you say ..."BUSTED"...
pfft she already knows i never answer the phone, i usually forget i even own one
Old 03-17-2010, 06:29 PM   #5882
Low Down
ADV Misfit

Oddometer: 813
Bluhduh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armacham
never realized making a couple of jokes then having people getting defensie and macho was considered blatantly ignorant.

maybe next time i'll reference a movie older then 33 years

Easy dood... all I was doing was following your lead with the 'storm trooper' joke. Nothing more. It will be interesting to find out though how all my 'rainbow shit'(WTF???) makes me a homo... I consider that remark to be blatantly ignorant, wouldn't you?

BTW, whenever I'm wearing the Rockgardin Flak Jacket, I tell people who give an odd look my way that I'm going to a Star Wars convention... some inmates here have even witnessed it!

Low Down is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 06:42 PM   #5883
Becktastic
Bonzai Becky

Oddometer: 1,118
Quote:
Originally Posted by Low Down
...whenever I'm wearing the Rockgardin Flak Jacket, I tell people who give an odd look my way that I'm going to a Star Wars convention... some inmates here have even witnessed it!
When I wear my Alpinestars armor to school I get asked if I'm in roller derby.
Becktastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 07:02 PM   #5884
Low Down
ADV Misfit

Oddometer: 813
Quote:
Originally Posted by Becktastic
When I wear my Alpinestars armor to school I get asked if I'm in roller derby.
That's BAD ASS!!!

Gmoney, maybe it was the ink... or the 'Pink Taco' shirt I was sportin' (great restaurant/bar in Scottsdale and Vegas... the place even got some attention on the Colbert Report). We'll get to the bottom of it shortly.

Low Down is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 09:03 PM   #5885
pringlecan
Burly Adventurer

Oddometer: 828
it was the colors on the shirt and the colors in your tattoos goofball. ease up a little on the butt hurt

tattoos are cool, whatever floats your boat. originally it was a "look out, it's a gun" comment that obviously was misunderstood.
pringlecan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 10:06 PM   #5886
KIC
Proud Army Dad

Oddometer: 1,080
Now boys..behave yourself ! It's all fun and games until somebody gets an eye shot out....or something like that ...... Se ya all tomorrow night.

So..does the Red Garter have an anti-carry (CCW) sign put up ?
1985 Yamaha YZ 250 - Sold
KIC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 10:50 PM   #5887
midengineracer
Lost, with a GPS

Oddometer: 1,285
Quote:
That's an awful lot like my first 'go-kart'. I learned later it should have been labelled a soap-box derby kart.

Oh, got Beamer?!?
2010 H-D XR1200

Quote:
Originally Posted by 685
The best accessory for a KLR is another bike for riding offroad.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ-Twin
I need to start riding my bicycle more so I can justify a cool new one.
midengineracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 11:26 PM   #5888
Armacham
I Voted for Kodos!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Low Down
That's BAD ASS!!!

Gmoney, maybe it was the ink... or the 'Pink Taco' shirt I was sportin' (great restaurant/bar in Scottsdale and Vegas... the place even got some attention on the Colbert Report). We'll get to the bottom of it shortly.

one time we were actually AT the roller derby and some girl jut copped a feel on the plastic boob

so i ordered a couple things from cheapcycleparts.com because they were cheaper than bikebandit and i didnt need them right away, but jesus christ this order is taking forever, anyone dealt with them before?
Old 03-18-2010, 08:04 AM   #5889
Scarred Adventurer

Oddometer: 998
Quote:

so i ordered a couple things from cheapcycleparts.com because they were cheaper than bikebandit and i didnt need them right away, but jesus christ this order is taking forever, anyone dealt with them before?
Yeah, I got a bunch of DR650 parts from them. They get your order, order the stuff from the mfg., and when the part gets to them, they mail the parts. My average time from sending the order to receiving them is about 2 weeks. The bad part is once you give them the order, they can't add on to it.

Brian in Tucson
Old 03-18-2010, 09:17 AM   #5890
ECDLTF
Adventurer

Oddometer: 49
That looked like a Sig in the picture. Do a lot of riders have CCW permits and ride? I saw a lady riding a chopper down I-10 with a hog strapped to her thigh, but who knows how many riders are packing heat. It sounds like that could be dangerous in an accident.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIC
Now boys..behave yourself ! It's all fun and games until somebody gets an eye shot out....or something like that ...... Se ya all tomorrow night.

ECDLTF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 09:23 AM   #5891
craftycoder
Motobrain PDU

Oddometer: 2,215
Quote:
Originally Posted by KIC

When I got my AZ CCW, the law stated that you could not enter an establishment with a concealed weapon if they sold alcohol for consumption.

Georgia is currently trying to change that rule here. Has Arizona already changed the rule?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECDLTF
It sounds like that could be dangerous in an accident.
How so? The gun gets lost and ends up in the wrong hands? Or are you more concerned with accidental discharge? It is VERY DIFFICULT to get a firearm to discharge without pulling the trigger. That is hard to do on accident because of the ergonomics of the weapon (trigger guards and safeties).
craftycoder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 09:26 AM   #5892
airgord
What am I doing out here!

Oddometer: 844
Low Down, how well do the Bose headphone work? I've been using my Etymotic ER6i's to shoot my 556 and they are kind of a pain in the ass to get them out so I can understand anyone talking.
airgord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 09:37 AM   #5893
airgord
What am I doing out here!

Oddometer: 844
Quote:
Originally Posted by 685
Yeah, I got a bunch of DR650 parts from them. They get your order, order the stuff from the mfg., and when the part gets to them, they mail the parts. My average time from sending the order to receiving them is about 2 weeks. The bad part is once you give them the order, they can't add on to it.

Brian in Tucson
Thats the problem with most of the Bikebandits and Cheapcycleparts places, they don't stock much, if at all and you're gonna wait to get your stuff, local dealers aren't much better if your bike is a few years old.
airgord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 09:38 AM   #5894
Armacham
I Voted for Kodos!

Quote:
Originally Posted by airgord
Thats the problem with most of the Bikebandits and Cheapcycleparts places, they don't stock much, if at all and you're gonna wait to get your stuff, local dealers aren't much better if your bike is a few years old.
usually if I order from BB, I get my stuff in like 4 days, so I think it just depends on how they have their system set up
Old 03-18-2010, 10:10 AM   #5895
ECDLTF
Adventurer

Oddometer: 49
I think that AZ did make a change to that law. But as I learned in the NRA course as a kid: "alcohol and gun powder don't mix."

Quote:
Originally Posted by craftycoder
When I got my AZ CCW, the law stated that you could not enter an establishment with a concealed weapon if they sold alcohol for consumption.

Georgia is currently trying to change that rule here. Has Arizona already changed the rule?

How so? The gun gets lost and ends up in the wrong hands? Or are you more concerned with accidental discharge? It is VERY DIFFICULT to get a firearm to discharge without pulling the trigger. That is hard to do on accident because of the ergonomics of the weapon (trigger guards and safeties).
ECDLTF is offline   Reply With Quote