ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-18-2010, 10:12 AM   #5896
Armacham
I Voted for Kodos!

Oddometer: 660
i think that they were trying to move towards a 51% rule if I remember correctly, or at least you could carry but would not be allowed to drink
Old 03-18-2010, 10:35 AM   #5897
Scarred Adventurer

Oddometer: 998
Quote:
Originally Posted by airgord
Thats the problem with most of the Bikebandits and Cheapcycleparts places, they don't stock much, if at all and you're gonna wait to get your stuff, local dealers aren't much better if your bike is a few years old.
Other than an occasional oil filter, Ridenow carries nothing for my bikes. And anything they might carry or order for you is at full list price. As I said somewhere else, the only time I go to Ridenow is to try on a helmet that I want to order online. Rude, yes, but they haven't done me any favors over the years.

For small orders of stuff that's not time sensitive, Cheapcycleparts has the best price and low cost shipping. For larger stuff like bodywork, Cyclepartsnation has better parts prices, and competitive shipping charge (tho their minimum shipping for small stuff like seals is exorbitant.)

Brian in Tucson
Old 03-18-2010, 10:48 AM   #5898
KIC
Proud Army Dad

Oddometer: 1,080
Quote:
Originally Posted by 685
Other than an occasional oil filter, Ridenow carries nothing for my bikes. And anything they might carry or order for you is at full list price. As I said somewhere else, the only time I go to Ridenow is to try on a helmet that I want to order online. Rude, yes, but they haven't done me any favors over the years.

For small orders of stuff that's not time sensitive, Cheapcycleparts has the best price and low cost shipping. For larger stuff like bodywork, Cyclepartsnation has better parts prices, and competitive shipping charge (tho their minimum shipping for small stuff like seals is exorbitant.)

Brian in Tucson
Brian...flying under the radar again ? What ..did America's Most Wanted catch up to you ?
1985 Yamaha YZ 250 - Sold
KIC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 10:50 AM   #5899
KIC
Proud Army Dad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armacham
i think that they were trying to move towards a 51% rule if I remember correctly, or at least you could carry but would not be allowed to drink
That is the current law. You can carry CCW if you don't drink alcohol and the business does not post "No weapons or CCW allowed"
Old 03-18-2010, 10:51 AM   #5900
Armacham
I Voted for Kodos!

Oddometer: 660
Quote:
Originally Posted by 685

Brian in Tucson
and just as we are discussing this my order shipped

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIC
That is the current law. You can carry CCW if you don't drink alcohol and the business does not post "No weapons or CCW allowed"
yeah too bad I don't think I've ever seen a bar that doesn't post.
Old 03-18-2010, 10:59 AM   #5901
Scarred Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIC
Brian...flying under the radar again ? What ..did America's Most Wanted catch up to you ?
Nah, I'm really just a 3 digit kinda guy. Bill you doin' RG tonite?
Old 03-18-2010, 11:23 AM   #5902
yzfcathy
Weeble

Oddometer: 1,184
Rg

Yeah, who's going to RG tonight

Me
Skip
You?
Cathy's Dumb Solo Ride
The John Penton Story, Movie project
yzfcathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 12:10 PM   #5903
Flashman1
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,356
Quote:
Originally Posted by 685

Brian in Tucson
Have you tried the store in Thumper talk - 2 to 3 day delivery to Tucson - their warehouse is in Vega - and they stock a lot of Suzy shit.
Flashman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 12:10 PM   #5904
KIC
Proud Army Dad

Quote:
Originally Posted by 685
Nah, I'm really just a 3 digit kinda guy. Bill you doin' RG tonite?
yepper..unless something happens..Desert Duster ( Ron ) and Gene should be there with me too.
Old 03-18-2010, 12:44 PM   #5905
goodtimes
local bum

Oddometer: 925
Quote:
Originally Posted by yzfcathy

Me
Skip
You?
Not me.
Old 03-18-2010, 04:19 PM   #5906
Scarred Adventurer

Ridenow

I just got back from Ridenow (on 22nd) and got a pleasant surprise. New policy there is to meet or beat online parts pirces. I needed a fork bushing, list was around 24 bucks plus tax, Cheapcycleparts w/shipping was $19.35, Ridenow charged me about $18.90 tax included. Part should be in by Wednesday, they say. Find the best deal including shipping online, take them a printout.

I suspect the same policy applies to tires & tubes.

This changes everything for how I'll get oem parts.
Old 03-18-2010, 04:21 PM   #5907
emerson.biguns
All idiot, no savant

Oddometer: 10,006
Quote:
Originally Posted by yzfcathy

Me
Skip
You?

I'll be there later.

Got 6PM meeting down town....

emerson.biguns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 05:48 PM   #5908
Low Down
ADV Misfit

Oddometer: 813
Thumb

Quote:
Originally Posted by airgord
Low Down, how well do the Bose headphone work? I've been using my Etymotic ER6i's to shoot my 556 and they are kind of a pain in the ass to get them out so I can understand anyone talking.
They do pretty damn well for noise canceling and music. The down side is that they start to make racket if wind is blowing on them. I'd wear them often while taking trains from/to Tucson, but if the window(s) were open I would have to switch to ear plugs. I really like them for air travel and for shooting.
Low Down is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 07:26 PM   #5909
swimmer
armchair asshole

Oddometer: 4,174
Quote:
Originally Posted by 685
I just got back from Ridenow (on 22nd) and got a pleasant surprise. New policy there is to meet or beat online parts pirces. I needed a fork bushing, list was around 24 bucks plus tax, Cheapcycleparts w/shipping was $19.35, Ridenow charged me about $18.90 tax included. Part should be in by Wednesday, they say. Find the best deal including shipping online, take them a printout.

I suspect the same policy applies to tires & tubes.

This changes everything for how I'll get oem parts.

Good to know.
swimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 08:53 PM   #5910
Flashman1
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,356
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobM
Which one's do you want?

All my S Arizona tracks (and many of yours) are included in the S AZ DS GPS Map I made and distributed a short while ago.

The problem with getting someone's tracklog collection is that it's really difficult to know what type of ride they offer. A single tracklog post with a ride description is the best, a collection of similar tracks (e.g. DualSport) is next best, but a bunch of files containing thousands of uncategorized tracks isn't much different from just having a Topo map.

There's a classic example of this in the the "ADV Toronto Area MegaThread" where the poster asked everyone to send him their tracklogs and he would combine them into one master file. It's a joke - almost every road/trail in Ontario has a tracklog on it.

I started the DualSport Road/Trail Catalogs to help tie in tracks and actual roads by geocoding pictures showing typical trail sections.
Bob - I can't remember how to use your file as an overlay - how can I display 2 map sets at the same time?
Flashman1 is offline   Reply With Quote